Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: 2017 Teen Titans Go!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:21 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

GregNYC wrote:
I have only seen the blind bags at a local comic book shop. I pulled two Jinx figures. That's what I get for not feeling the bags first!

Use the codes, man, use the codes! (I've gone through a couple of new-ish boxes and packs with the same character tend to be all packed together in the case) Jinx would probably be easy enough to feel out because of her hair (and Trigon with his horns), but the others aren't going to be that easy especially since they don't come with any accessories.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:27 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Ha! After that experience, I have the codes stored in my smartphone now. I won't make that mistake again! lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:39 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I glad Daniel found a new execution for the line at TRU 'cause the blind bags are Walmart are being clearance out. Hopefully the other retailers will keep it going even if it means they'll be a pain for me to get...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:30 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Found the new Series 3 blind bags at TRU today. Packaging is a lighter shade of green so they do stand apart from older waves. Also, the codes are stamped to be read from the front of the packaging, not the back as was the case in the past (however, the display I was going through had some seriously messed up stamping [misaligned, cut off the bottom of the package, half embossed, etc.], not sure if that will be true for everyone else).

Haven't seen any official names so you'll need to forgive me if any of this is off from the episodes ...
01 - Aerobic exercise Cyborg
02 - "mischievous" Jinx
03 - 1st Appearance "fairy booty" Robin
04 - Rose Wilson
05 - "serious" Beast Boy
06 - Lady Legasus Raven
07 - Starfire the Terrible
08 - Terra

Only 2 new characters but everyone else has at least a new expression if not new paint apps on the rest of the body parts. Still no accessories for any of the figures which is a minor quibble but disappointing.

I also picked up the new "Episode 30 recreation" pack. The Cyborg is a proper action figure using a sturdier plastic and joint system but has anchor points to attach any of the current pieces. The addition of a new expression Robin is nice, but I really love that it comes with BoomBox and the sentient Bird-a-rang

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:30 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Dang dubble posts. :x

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:16 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I found Series 3 at TRU today. Wow, were those codes hard to determine. The stamps are cut off on some packaging and or double-stamped on other packaging. I must have spent 30 minutes sorting through them to get all 8.

I'm not a big fan of the repaints, although Beast Boy looks cool. My favorite is Ravager. Terra looks a little sad, and I suspect we will get another version of her with different expression.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:31 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Got set from TRU yesterday, too. I agree that the stamps are hard to read but it's also a pain the way they're packed in the box. Not sure how many are in a full box or if there are an even number of each figure but I can say that they are packed with like packs together in the box. If you find a new box and just grab the first two in the chute you're most likely going to end up with the same character. Seems like the biggest problem with the blind bags is that you've got eight slots and five are always going to be taken by variants of the main cast. Unless the 3-packs are continuing or there's something else coming it's going to take forever to get a good selection of the villains and other heroes (sad Terra was a disappointment -- how long to get another? -- and Aqualad and Kid Flash are noticeably missing right now)

Since the TRU I normally visit has done their resets I'm not seeing pegs for the 3-packs in the section. Anybody's store still have the 3-pack pegs?

I like the idea of those episode packs but I'm not crazy about the $15 price tag or the massively oversized Cyborg body (though the wire body is a nice inclusion -- not sure how that would stand, though, even without the weight of that giant head). The boom box and birdarang are nice additions but they make me wish that the other formats included accessories, too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:23 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

The proper names for the series 3 figures with the code numbers added in red...