Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 733 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Comics Multiverse 6" line
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:49 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

These arrived from BBTS today

TDKR Wonder Woman -Image
Wonder Girl -
Dr Psycho -

Super Friends Superman -

Super Friends Group Pic -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:24 am 
MINT!

There's no way the Four Horsemen worked on the WW figures/Dr. Psycho in this wave - Psycho looks like a custom job by a mid-level customizer from 1996. Are they still working on the Multiverse line? Aside from a few figures here and there (Endgame Joker, Earth-23 Superman, DKR Joker), not much in the recent past has really looked "Horsemen-y" to me...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:48 am 
Loose, Missing Package

The Horsemen are still on the line. There was an interview a couple months back where Cornboy said they'd just turned over two waves to Mattel. That Wonder Girl is pure Treadway, yeah the body is too big (Mattel not wanting to splurge on a generic female teen-age body again yet we get that too small Carrie Kelly) but the head sculpt actually survived the tooling process looking good. I'm guessing that the Dr. Psycho is a left-over from what was supposed to be the second year of the Signature Series. Scott said that if the sub had gone through some figures would have come with smaller figures. Look at the Myx that came from that... oversized with an even bigger head. As for the DK Wonder Woman, she looks just like the artwork to me which would've been what they were shooting for.

I'm surprised that they went the extra step for the "S" on Superman's cape, though his blue still looks too dark for Super Friends. Nice to finally have a blonde Aquaman available.

Shouldn't be much longer before the Clayface and Luthor waves start showing up...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:08 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

I finally opened up the Steve Trevor figure I have had for awhile and the Themiscyra Diana I bought at Ross for $6.50 the other day. I also plan to get Hippolyta when it gets cheaper on Amazon.

Due to that, I am on track to collect all four pieces for Ares.
He will be my first collect and connect figure. A figure I actually bought all of them to get.
Granted, having only four figures made it really easy.

I already had everything but the legs and arms. So I am using my Suicide Squad Croc arms to fill in the for the time being.
Whats funny is they don't look that out of place with the rest of the actual Ares figure and pieces. Now if I could just get him some legs!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:43 am 
Knows his stuff

I skipped this, since I already have an Ares figure.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:37 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Jay C has found boxed pics of the Shipp Flash and Kilmer Batman...

https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=1&itemid=30441

Looks to be a wider box with gold replacing the silver. Still doesn't seem to be quite enough in there to warrant the price tag. Really should have include unmasked heads at the very least (I mean, if you're paying likeness rights and all why not take full advantage, right?). The Shipp head looks incredibly good. Watched an interview and the guy in charge of the WWE line was talking about the face print tech that Hasbro's been using and he said that the WWE line should be 100% printed by the end of the year and he also mentioned Mattel having a sample of a printed Gal Gadot Wonder Woman so I guess Mattel is all in with Multiverse, too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:14 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Jim_Abell wrote:
Jay C has found boxed pics of the Shipp Flash and Kilmer Batman...

https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=1&itemid=30441

Looks to be a wider box with gold replacing the silver. Still doesn't seem to be quite enough in there to warrant the price tag. Really should have include unmasked heads at the very least (I mean, if you're paying likeness rights and all why not take full advantage, right?). The Shipp head looks incredibly good. Watched an interview and the guy in charge of the WWE line was talking about the face print tech that Hasbro's been using and he said that the WWE line should be 100% printed by the end of the year and he also mentioned Mattel having a sample of a printed Gal Gadot Wonder Woman so I guess Mattel is all in with Multiverse, too.

Every review is comparing these to Marvel Legends but last I checked Marvel Legends aint got no hidden pegs ! I get the $30 price tag is too much, at this point a piece of cardboard is not an incentive to buy a 6 inch scale figure. But people are not giving due credit those hidden pegs with double jointed knees and elbows is very impressive and make Marvel Legends look cheap and dated ! Most of the new Clayface wave really gives ML a run for their money !!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:12 pm 
Collector Inspector

I am hoping to see a Killer Frost action figure in the Multiverse line for 2018.
Which would you rather see, comic version (Justice League of America), TV (Flash) version, or a 2-pack "Comic to Screen" similar to what they did with the Flash figure?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:55 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

joeace wrote:
I am hoping to see a Killer Frost action figure in the Multiverse line for 2018.
Which would you rather see, comic version (Justice League of America), TV (Flash) version, or a 2-pack "Comic to Screen" similar to what they did with the Flash figure?

I'm sure that I'm in the minority on this one but I'd like to see the original (or second one, they looked pretty much identical from what I remember) Frost. I'm sure that we'll end up with a modern one if she happens but I think that the "ice princess" design is so much more interesting...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:22 pm 
Knows his stuff

I'd want either comic version, modern or old.

I'm surprised that more hasn't been done from the JL vs Suicide Squad storyline as of yet. DC is really dropping the ball with their figures in getting them out. Wish they'd get Mattel do another line. There are so many figures they could do.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:09 pm 
Peg Hanger

A friend of mine found the Val Kilmer Batman at a Walmart in Canada today and he said the back of the packaging only shows Kilmer Batman and Shipp Flash on it. So does that mean Lynda Carter Wonder Woman is being held back for a possible 2nd wave? And if so, might she be paired with a 4th figure?? Hmmm.... a Dean Cain Superman and Helen Slater Supergirl sure would be nice.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:09 pm 
Collector Inspector

shabbyblue wrote:
A friend of mine found the Val Kilmer Batman at a Walmart in Canada today and he said the back of the packaging only shows Kilmer Batman and Shipp Flash on it. So does that mean Lynda Carter Wonder Woman is being held back for a possible 2nd wave? And if so, might she be paired with a 4th figure?? Hmmm.... a Dean Cain Superman and Helen Slater Supergirl sure would be nice.

I read somewhere that Linda Carter signed off on approval of her figure late. So the Wonder Woman figure will be coming later.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:12 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

The Convergence Wonder Woman has shown up on Walmart.com but the info doesn't add up so I wonder if this is a left-over mistake or if she's really on the way in someway or another. You can read Jay C's speculation about it at TNI (but I think a lot of what he's speculating is way off)...

https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=30460

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:37 pm 
Collector Inspector

This website has the Wonder Woman figure listed for release at the end of March 2018.
https://experiencethewonder.com/categor ... -releases/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:25 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

joeace wrote:
This website has the Wonder Woman figure listed for release at the end of March 2018.
https://experiencethewonder.com/categor ... -releases/

Antony normally has inside contacts on such things but I'm not sure about this one. He's got the same info about the figure being part of the Rookie wave and still has Chris Dahlberg listed as one of the Horsemen so I'm not sure how up-to-date that date is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 733 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 49  Next