Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Comics Multiverse 6" line
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:25 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

joeace wrote:
This website has the Wonder Woman figure listed for release at the end of March 2018.
https://experiencethewonder.com/categor ... -releases/

Antony normally has inside contacts on such things but I'm not sure about this one. He's got the same info about the figure being part of the Rookie wave and still has Chris Dahlberg listed as one of the Horsemen so I'm not sure how up-to-date that date is.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:26 am 
Peg Hanger

It also lists the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman for a December 31, 2018 date. That feels more like a placeholder date since it's assumed she'll be out SOMETIME in 2018 and not on the last day of the year. For that reason, I don't trust his March date for the other Wonder Woman figure either. A March 31st placeholder date just means it's probably expected out sometime during 1st quarter 2018 (Jan-March).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:48 am 
Peg Hanger

BBTS just put up for preorder the Kilmer Batman and Shipp Flash figures. The price for the duo is cheaper than the $30 MSRP they were reportedly going to have at retail. So I wonder if they'll actually be more like $25 at retail instead.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/V ... ails/68266

Interesting that BBTS lists a ship date of 2nd quarter (April-June) even though they are already hitting stores in Canada right now. I wonder how long we'll realistically have to wait for them to show up at US retail.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:06 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

shabbyblue wrote:
So I wonder if they'll actually be more like $25 at retail instead.

Yeah, people have found the listings in Walmart USA's computer and they're going to be $24.97 there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:26 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

TNI has stock photos of the new deluxe Multiverse. Looks to me like the bases might have storage space for the extra pieces and stand extensions.

https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=30483

...and paulmartstores.com (the store that had the first pics of the new, blue packages) has listings (but no photos) for three more deluxe figures: Spoiler, Kid Flash and Beast Boy. Wondering if these are mis-listed or if they're for the new Titans show (or maybe even Young Justice 3). It would be crazy if after all these years we finally get the first ever Spoiler figure and it's a live-action version... (near the bottom of the listings)

https://paulmartstore.com/collections/d ... on-figures

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:44 pm 
Collector Inspector

Jim_Abell wrote:
TNI has stock photos of the new deluxe Multiverse. Looks to me like the bases might have storage space for the extra pieces and stand extensions.

https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=30483

...and paulmartstores.com (the store that had the first pics of the new, blue packages) has listings (but no photos) for three more deluxe figures: Spoiler, Kid Flash and Beast Boy. Wondering if these are mis-listed or if they're for the new Titans show (or maybe even Young Justice 3). It would be crazy if after all these years we finally get the first ever Spoiler figure and it's a live-action version... (near the bottom of the listings)

https://paulmartstore.com/collections/d ... on-figures

Well I would think that Spoiler would be from her Detective Comics appearance. They have done Clayface, Batwoman, etc., so I think that Spoiler is just a continuation of the team. Hopefully they will have one shown at ToyFair.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:10 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

joeace wrote:
Well I would think that Spoiler would be from her Detective Comics appearance. They have done Clayface, Batwoman, etc., so I think that Spoiler is just a continuation of the team. Hopefully they will have one shown at ToyFair.

That's what I would hope but with it listed as a deluxe figure that's why I'm wondering if it's a live action or not... Hopefully we'll get to see her in a couple of weeks...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm 
Collector Inspector

I've got the Flash in hand and I have to say the likeness is stronger than online photos would suggest.

I hope Wonder Woman comes along quickly because I want to see how they look together before getting invested in this line. I'd love to see Keaton's Batman and Cain's Superman released....but if the proportions are going to be all over the place (looking at you DC Collectibles B:TAS figures) I'd rather know now...

I'm not huge into the Flash TV show, so I might want to get rid of this figure if he'll have no one good to display with.

Also, this price point is insane. 30$ for a figure, a stand and some hands?!? Why not an unmasked head in there too or some props??! Kilmer could have come with "The NygmaTech Box" for 30 bucks....

Thanks for the pics of Dr Psycho, PJ - I had no idea he was finally getting a figure! It's a Collect and Connect, though, right? Dang.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:59 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Yes he was packed with Wonder Girl and DKR Wonder Woman.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:49 am 
Collector Inspector

DisneyBoy wrote:
I've got the Flash in hand and I have to say the likeness is stronger than online photos would suggest.

I hope Wonder Woman comes along quickly because I want to see how they look together before getting invested in this line. I'd love to see Keaton's Batman and Cain's Superman released....but if the proportions are going to be all over the place (looking at you DC Collectibles B:TAS figures) I'd rather know now...

I'm not huge into the Flash TV show, so I might want to get rid of this figure if he'll have no one good to display with.

Also, this price point is insane. 30$ for a figure, a stand and some hands?!? Why not an unmasked head in there too or some props??! Kilmer could have come with "The NygmaTech Box" for 30 bucks....

Thanks for the pics of Dr Psycho, PJ - I had no idea he was finally getting a figure! It's a Collect and Connect, though, right? Dang.

You should find the price to be $25 and not $30.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:59 am 
Loose, Missing Package

joeace wrote:

DB's in Canada

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:22 pm 
Collector Inspector

Jim_Abell wrote:
joeace wrote:

DB's in Canada

OK, that's why. Got it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:46 pm 
Collector Inspector

:lol: My wallet is glad to know you've got it's back, Joe!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:32 am 
Knows his stuff

I saw the SF-stylized Aquaman & Superman, and Wonder Woman & Wonder Girl (with Dr. Psycho) at Target (PA) a week ago. I splurged & picked all four of them up.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:04 pm 
Collector Inspector

OK, so this is weird.... after I picked up the Flash, I tried calling a few other stores to see if any of their shipments included Wonder Woman. None of the people were able to get that UPC code to work. None.

I wonder if the higher-ups got wind of the fact that these figures were selling before they had even been shown at Toy Fair and made sure to either have them pulled from store shelves or to change the UPC code on all further figures...

...can one even change the UPC code after figures have been packaged? Isn't it something that's visible on the box?

I wonder if either Batman or Flash are still in stores right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next