Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Licensed Hot Wheels
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:17 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Found the BTAS Batmobile tonight now in midnight blue metal flake. Sure it's not show accurate but it looks damn cool.

Also saw a new character car, Martian Manhunter. How did I not realize that he'd never had a car?...

After the Injustice 2 and TTG! sub-lines I have to wonder if there will be a batch of Young Justice based cars... Here's hoping!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:41 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

New Batman themed Hot Wheels playsets out. The sets all come with a car (the two I saw today both had the new Mattel-designed Batmobile in different paint) and a mini figure (about an inch tall). Saw a Joker themed set and a Batcave. The back of the package also shows sets for Killer Croc and Mr. Freeze but those weren't in the store.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:39 am 
Resin

Jim_Abell wrote:
New Batman themed Hot Wheels playsets out. The sets all come with a car (the two I saw today both had the new Mattel-designed Batmobile in different paint) and a mini figure (about an inch tall). Saw a Joker themed set and a Batcave. The back of the package also shows sets for Killer Croc and Mr. Freeze but those weren't in the store.

got any pictures?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:41 am 
Resin

my loot for the day while traveling… Mera's Ship and Black manta Sub.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:32 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Finally remembered that I had my phone on me today and took shots of the new playsets...

...also found part of that DC assortment, was really surprised to find it was four Bat-vehicles and two Aqua-subs...

Would've been nicer if they'd used the larger, more-to-scale Matchbox molds for the Bat and Batwing, especially at a $5 price point...

And I found a couple of new Batmobiles on Friday...

Was looking at Toy Fair photos and they had that "Mystery Mobile" prominently displayed with a tag reading "NYTF Reveal" and the thing was already in stores... Also got a couple of other cool cars...

The DeLorean has hidden wheels behind the hover wheels so it does roll and that Tesla has a Starman dummy in the driver's seat just like the one that was launched into orbit.

Over at ToyArk they've got some photos of a bunch of Batmobiles that were on display including some really crazy colors on the 66 Batmobile...

https://news.toyark.com/2019/02/18/toy- ... els-337081

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:10 pm 
Ferret Farmer

That Joker Funhouse is creepy. If I see it, I'll have to get it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:34 pm 
Ferret Farmer

BTW, The Joker set is on Walmart's web site for $10.99

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:46 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Found these at Kroger this morning. Didn't get them because they weren't priced and I didn't have time to wait for someone to figure out a price.

Assembled they'd be about the size of the 1:50 scale Batmobiles and the figures are about an inch tall.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:33 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Just realized there's never been a Shazam! character car (or even a themed Hot Wheel), has there?... I would hope that there's at least one coming for the movie...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:33 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Jim_Abell wrote:
Just realized there's never been a Shazam! character car (or even a themed Hot Wheel), has there?... I would hope that there's at least one coming for the movie...

There is! I’ve seen pics of it on ebay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:20 pm 
Ferret Farmer

Has there ever been an Ecto-1?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:52 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

starks wrote:

Not as a character car if that's what you mean. The classic Ecto-1 was part of the basic and entertainment line for quite a while though it's been a while since I've seen a "new" one (guessing the license has expired). I think the 1A was available in the entertainment line but I don't remember the 2016 Ecto-1 being available in it. I know that there were 2-packs when the reboot came out. One with classic Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A and another set with the 2016 Ecto-1 and Kevin's motorcycle.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:50 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Knightwatch wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:

There is! I’ve seen pics of it on ebay

Finally thought to look up the car last night and there are actually three -- Shazam, Freddy and Darla -- all seem to be the same mold just done in different colors, kind of expect the other three are in the wings though I'm not sure how they'd make Mary's different from Billy's if the color is the only thing they're changing. Odd, too, is that the Shazam card has the painted movie image of Levi, the other two just have colored line art of the actors.

While I was looking around also saw that there is a new Penguin car out there. One of the headlights is larger to create a monocle and it has a Gatling gun on the hood. There's also a new subline with action features. The only two showing so far are Superman (with heat vision the slides out of the headlights) and Wonder Woman (with a lasso that slides out from under the grill). There are cars for Batman (batarang), Harley (mallet) and Joker (chattering teeth) shown on the cardback.

starks wrote:

While I was digging around for the DC cars I noticed that there was also an animated style Ecto-1 done in the entertainment line with the Real Ghostbusters logo and characters on the card.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10