Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:42 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

your mom is null and void. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:56 pm 
Knows his stuff

vancleef9000 wrote:
Despite the fact that I love the JLU figures I think I've seen maybe 6 or 7 episodes of JLU, so the size of someone's role on the show really makes no difference to me.

I know most of the characters from comics and even then I haven't read a new comic in years. They are just great looking figures.

VC9k

I feel the same. But as long as they're Bruce Timm styled and they complete the remaining cartoon characters also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:23 pm 
shirtless hugger

Go collect DCUC. :P

But seriously, I prefer the characters from the show. The line started as a line for the JLU cartoon, and that's why I collect it: for the cartoon. I won't go out of my way for many comic book characters since I don't know most of them. I'm not against comic book characters in the line, but I hope attention remains on the show's prominent characters.

Oh, and how dare you bash Chucko or Toyman? You mean, mean person. :cry: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:56 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

I really hope they stick to filling out the remaining heroes and villains from the show before adding too many "comic" characters.

I'm not opposed to mattel dropping say a Firestorm or Blue Beetle figure in the line like they did with the Red Hood, but I want to get the show roster of characters filled out as much as possible as a priority.

Like people have said already, if the show hadn't have been cancelled we would no doubt have seen more DCU characters introduced. And the ones that were on the show but had limited screen time would prbably have been fleshed out more too.

I don't mind if they make characters from other Timm verse shows and include them in the line though, as I feel Batman Beyond never really got a decent line of figures, and would fit in well with JLU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:36 pm 
MINT!

My vote is DCAU only.If I want DCU from the comic books go buy the 6" Classic line ....no?

BTAS
STAS
BB
JL
JLU

should only be the sources for this line....and guess what.......there is enough to fill 10 more years of new figures.If it strays I may stray too.I do not want Teen Titans mixed with my beloved Timmverse....I am a purist!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:22 am 
5" Scale

I have most of the issues of the JLU comic and though I wouldn't mind characters from there, I'd much rather they complete the show character lineup first.

The ever present cloud of uncertainty over the future of this line will still be there next year so it would be nice to have our show lineup if/when the line finally comes to an end.

However, if the line truly does morph into a DCAU line then all of this is moot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:27 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Bigbenkenobi wrote:
My vote is DCAU only.If I want DCU from the comic books go buy the 6" Classic line ....no?

BTAS
STAS
BB
JL
JLU

should only be the sources for this line....and guess what.......there is enough to fill 10 more years of new figures.If it strays I may stray too.I do not want Teen Titans mixed with my beloved Timmverse....I am a purist!!!!!

I think you may be out of luck. Mattel said at SDCC that they have the rights to the entire DCU for the animated line, and I strongly suspect we'll see more than a few characters who didn't appear on the show.

Mike
(I guess I don't see what the big deal is. Buy the ones who appeared on the show and skip the ones that didn't. What's the problem?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:28 am 
Hat Pooper

I'm a big fan of both DC Comics and the Timm-verse, and that's why it's so great that Mattel has two (well, 5) seperate lines. If you're not a fan of the tv shows, then this line isn't really meant for you. Justice League Unlimited is my favourite toon of all time, and it makes me so happy that there's still merchandise being made for it so long after its cancellation.

It kinda irks me when people ask that the actual show the line is based on be ignored in favour of making unrelated characters. It's not like there aren't still about a hundred JLU characters they've yet to make. We haven't even gotten many of the big guns yet.

Now that DCUC is in full force, I just don't see the point of using up the few slots we have left for new JLU figures on characters unrelated to the DCAU, when there's a perfectly good comic-based line on the pegs to the left.

I love the DCAU, and I love the Bruce Timm designs and the writers and voice actors who gave these characters life. So no, I wouldn't prefer Black Adam to Vandal Savage or Toyman.

And the fact that Toyman is "creepy" is kinda a good thing, don't you think? I mean, he is a villain. Unless you just don't like Timm's designs, in which case what exactly is the appeal of this line for you?

Anyway, I say bring on Warhawk and Terry and Aquagirl and Chucko and the Dee Dees and Atomic Skull and Galatea and Livewire and Toyman! I want them all.

Would you really ask that they release the comic-version of Toyman instead? That's just being a hater. :x It really does sound like DCUC is perfect for you, and it would make a lot more sense for you to collect that line rather than wish the JLU line were something it isn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:40 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I'm one of the guys that wants as many figures released for JLU as possible, on the show or not. I have ZERO interest in DCUC, as I don't like the style of figures. I was a huge fan of the super powers line and the JLU line reminds me of that. In that line there were a ton of figures that were released that never made the show and the line was only richer for it. Sure we didn't get the Wonder Twins or Black Vulcan (who I do still want) but we did get Shazam, Dr. Fate, Red Tornado, etc.
The JLU show is based on and represents the comic book universe, so it makes sense to try to appeal to the larger market there.
I like JLU for the size and style and dont' like DCUC. If you don't like it, just don't buy it. And why do you think JLU only has a few slots left? Keep buying and they will keep making. Worse comes to worse grab a few customs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:07 am 
Hat Pooper

I think it's obvious to everyone that JLU is on its last legs. I'd be surprised if we got more than 10 new figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:15 am 
shirtless hugger

I'll take both. Really, make a new character in the JLU style and I'll buy it, regardless of whether the character was on the show(s) or in the comics.

The only line I'd draw, and it would be a very faint line, easily erased, is remakes of characters already made in earlier toylines (The S:TAS Brainiac was just fine, for example, and in some ways superior to the JL version, and the B:TAS Clayface is similarly fine) (Yes, I know lots of you don't agree -- don't bother posting to tell me so). I would agree with some do-overs (I vastly prefer JLU Bizarro), but by and large, I'd rather get all-new. But I'll buy 'em anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:21 am 

Even if JLU were on its last legs, and personally I don't think it is... I'd just continue buying customs.

The only figures I'd probably skip in the JLU line would be Batman Beyond stuff, just an aspect of the animated/comic universe I do not have an interest in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:35 am 
proverbial old fart

I am constantly spinning my Buddhist prayer wheels that the JLU line continues indefinitely. And remember, for all of our doomsaying, there has not been anything said by Mattel concerning the demise of the line.

So saying, I would love to see the rest of the characters that appeared on the program produced, to be followed by characters that appeared in the JL/JLU comic book and then whoever they want to manufacturer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:05 am 

The only place I've ever heard that the line is dying is from 2-3 people on here that are speculating, that's it.

Aside from that I want whoever they make... (female Amazo anyone?) :) LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:13 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

jzachery wrote:
I'm one of the guys that wants as many figures released for JLU as possible, on the show or not. I have ZERO interest in DCUC, as I don't like the style of figures.

Count me as one of those guys too. I like the animated style. DCUC are nice but not for me. Maybe it's too much like a toy whereas JLU/DCAU are more like maquettes so that the design of the character can be more prominent.

I also join in the chorus of "Show First", there are still so many JLU characters that arent plastic yet that it's a shame if we dont get them all. Especially since JLU was such an awesome overview of the DCU (Viking Prince, Warlord, Weird Western Tales, Ghost Tank, Nanda Parbat) They found ways to incorporate various corners of the DCU into their story, with such reverence and respect. It would be a shame if the toys didnt continue this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next