Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:22 pm 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

You know I thought of that after I made those statements. I stick by them in the context of conversation and the fact that I meant it would look good on a real woman with the same dimensions, including figure, face and Adrienne Barbeau's voice...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:42 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I suppse the Silver Age dress and cape combo should be considered classic, but what I percieve to be classic (and nostalgic, as a child of the 80s) is the purple jumpsuit with shiney black thigh-highs. :wink: A decent figure of that really needs to be made.

As for my favorite overall interpretation; I think that BTAS' grey and black design was a great synthesis of all the others. I could almost excuse the blonde hair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:54 pm 
Knows his stuff

cowmuf wrote:
The only version I care about is the current Cooke version (as originally written by Ed Brubaker). Brubaker made Catwoman interesting for the first time in ages, and his run on the book is good enough to stand side by side with Selina's other appearances in the holy trilogy of Bat-books; Year One, Long Halloween and Dark Victory.

I'm with you. Brubaker and Cooke are the only creative team to ever make me care about Catwoman. They turned her from a campy, vampy cipher of a villainess into an actual interesting antiheroine. Those first 24 issues from the Brubaker run are pure gold, and I love my DC Direct, Takara Microman, Minimate, and Heroclix figures of Catwoman in that costume.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:48 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
cowmuf wrote:
The only version I care about is the current Cooke version (as originally written by Ed Brubaker). Brubaker made Catwoman interesting for the first time in ages, and his run on the book is good enough to stand side by side with Selina's other appearances in the holy trilogy of Bat-books; Year One, Long Halloween and Dark Victory.

I'm with you. Brubaker and Cooke are the only creative team to ever make me care about Catwoman. They turned her from a campy, vampy cipher of a villainess into an actual interesting antiheroine. Those first 24 issues from the Brubaker run are pure gold, and I love my DC Direct, Takara Microman, Minimate, and Heroclix figures of Catwoman in that costume.

I agree with all of that.

But the character's comic appearances have little do do with how I want my toys to look. The toy is a toy and it has differnet needs. And as much as I like the current look, I think the Balent purple and black look like in DCD's Long Halloween Catwoman is a more interesting looking toy.

Plus, I already have a sexy chick in a black catsuit, and her name is Black Widow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:39 pm 
Prototype

I really like the Long Halloween Catwoman figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:41 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

I like the Cooke outfit except for the goggles and boots, she'd look better with big white eyes.

Pretty much the Timm version from the TNBA done like a Jim Balent drawing.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:19 pm 
proverbial old fart

JuliusMarx wrote:
Masked Avenger wrote:
I think the reason some people have a problem with the modern outfit is that it looks like what a regular professional jewel thief would wear with cat ears attached. My personal favorite is original BTAS Catwoman, imagine a real woman wearing that outfit and you'll agree.

http://www.nnanime.com/events/0208sdccp ... 9-sdcc.jpg

http://shopwebflash.com/online%20galler ... an_jpg.jpg

um....

Contestant #1 should really call and inquire about a Gold Gym membership. Either that, or only go out on moonless nights...

Contestant #2 must have been someone hired to strut at the convention because she looks too much like a fan boy's dream...

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:21 pm 
proverbial old fart

Masked Avenger wrote:
You know I thought of that after I made those statements. I stick by them in the context of conversation and the fact that I meant it would look good on a real woman with the same dimensions, including figure, face and Adrienne Barbeau's voice...

I think we might have to change her name from Catwoman to Cameltoe Woman if she really wore an outfit like that. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:51 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Anybody remember this Brian Bolland poster?

Mike
(My favorite look for Catwoman is the green and purple dress)