Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:54 pm 
Hat Pooper

i don't think i like the target exclusive idea now because it seems liek my toys r us is really starting to shape up and stock. now my question is, when will other stores stop recieving JLU figures?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:13 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Ghost6 wrote:
I wonder if there will be any type of jlu exclusive at sdcc?

Yeah, I was wondering this as well. And for that matter, will there be any JLU exclusives at New York, Philly, Chicago, or any other conventions this year?

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:06 am 
Prototype

I am SO excited! Mantis, Lashina and Farager look SO cool! Can't wait to see The Question and find out who the other 13 characters are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:18 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I would gamble that either Giganta due to here size or Lobo due to his violence issues would be the exclusive this year. BUT if they do Giganta we need her small and big, like with the Atom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:27 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Common sense would say one of the unknown 12 has to be Hourman, he was made as a 10 inch figure, though I never saw it anywhere, but I really don't look at the 10 inch figures. If we also go on the slide presentation at last year's Comicon, we should see Blackhawk(yuck), Cheetah, Capt. Atom, Capt. Marvel, and Mr. Terrific. The making of Lashina would at least kind of indicate that the other furies could be on the way(Mad Harriet kind of looks like Creeper, they'd look nice in a 3 pack together). We all know we'd like to see Kalibak as he was an important character in STAS and appeared in a few JLU(I have 2 ideas for a Kalibak figure. How about a Comicon exclusive 2 pack of Kalibak and Lobo commemorating their battle from JLU. Or a 6 pack entitled "Baby Swap" featuring High Father, Darkseid, Orion, Kalibak, Grany Goodness, and then add in Big Barda)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:30 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

I'm cautiously optimistic but I still have a few concerns and questions. If ToyGuru (I have retired the moniker "Bus Accident Guy") would address them in a future post I'd be happy.

1. Will Grodd be rereleased when the New God Six Pack comes out? I'm willing to wait till this summer and I want to know if eBaying it will be a stupid thing to do or not.

2. Has the distribution problem been worked out? Has this turning into a collector's line changed Target's case ratios? Will we NEED a glut of Trinity Packs for the Moms from now on?

3. Does progress in the "no way" character of Lobo mean that Hal Jordan is the only unmakable character left? What about Static? If you guys are willing to work something out with a "never" character like Lobo is there a way you can get Static and Hal Jordan to the fans?

4. Will JLU be renamed after all?

5. Will we be getting two or three new characters per pack from now on? JLU is a budget line but having to track down 13 new characters in three packs with one new character could be expensive.

6. Would you seriously consider making the characters from the Timm shows a bigger priority? I will buy characters who never appeared on the shows to support the line but I would REALLY love some Batman Beyond figures and a properly painted Batgirl and Two-Face.

7. Now that you've done so much for collectors is there anything we can do for you? I'm very good at making sandwiches. Unfortunately Bruce Timm already has dibs on one of my kidneys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:31 am 
my tummy itches

Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
TSR wrote:
Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
I couldn't care less about more New Gods now that I have Miracle and Barda, but I'm sure it's awesome for everyone else. I'm much more psyched that we have The Question to look forward to (and hopefully Captain Atom and a repainted Booster Gold as well)!

We are apparently sitting side by side in the exact same boat.

And what's this... I happen to have a bottle of champagne, and two glasses! :)

To take my original comment one step further, I would have really dug Granny, Kalibak and a Parademon. They seem like the more "logical" choices. Where as the other three are SO FAR out there. I have to wonder if the ones I call logical are on the way if they can make those other three?!

Also, I will have to politely decline the offer for champagne, I am a married man! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:33 am 
my tummy itches

NitEwiNg86 wrote:
i don't think i like the target exclusive idea now because it seems liek my toys r us is really starting to shape up and stock. now my question is, when will other stores stop recieving JLU figures?

Target deal takes effect in the Fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:52 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

What the heck.

Could somebody PM me pics of Lashina, Mantis and Forager?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:45 am 
my tummy itches

ToyGuru wrote:
or this really cool repaint of <NAME> we did in his <DESCRIPTION WITHHELD) look from the comic books.

Looking at my entire collection, I have to go with Aquaman for the name of the withheld character and the orange and green costume as the description. From the waist down, they just use the original Aquaman figure. From the waist up, use somebody else and a new head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:00 am 
categorically opposed

TSR wrote:
ToyGuru wrote:
or this really cool repaint of <NAME> we did in his <DESCRIPTION WITHHELD) look from the comic books.

Looking at my entire collection, I have to go with Aquaman for the name of the withheld character and the orange and green costume as the description. From the waist down, they just use the original Aquaman figure. From the waist up, use somebody else and a new head.

Nope, I'm thinking Sinestro. Straight repaint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:38 am 
Santos L. Halper

TSR- I am not trying to be a jerk...but I think you are missing the fact that the jlu is ALL about repaints...Mattel is most likely not going to pay for new molds to make Kalibak, Granny and a Parademon for a six pack of figs. Lashina, Forager and Mantis only required new head sculpts and nothing more...thats why they were chosen. I am 100 percent with you that Granny, Kalibak and a parademon would make way more
sense, but it's just too expensive for them to go that route.

This line has to survive on repaints with very few exceptions...ie: ToyGuru's comment about The Question's trenchcoat.

I am afraid our only hope of larger jlu figures like Kalinak, stripes and Mongul are if they are offered in box sets or con exclusives....and I would love to see Stripes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:16 am 
my tummy itches

MoMoney wrote:
Nope, I'm thinking Sinestro. Straight repaint.

Interesting, as in from Sinestro Corps? I guess a lot of people would go for it, sort of meh to me though.

Ghost6 wrote:
TSR- I am not trying to be a jerk...but I think you are missing the fact that the jlu is ALL about repaints...Mattel is most likely not going to pay for new molds to make Kalibak, Granny and a Parademon for a six pack of figs.

Nah, you're not being a jerk at all. I completely see what you're saying. And it's a valid point. And perhaps there shouldn't be three new sculpts in that 6 pack (but Kalibak would have been nice). I more or less was just saying, as far as those three characters were concerned, they were very oddball to me. Of course repaints are to be expected, just those names were shocking to me. I think since they're new product, they'll sell, but overall I'm just not crazy about them. Since this is all opinion, I should say outright they were never on any want list of mine (that has both logical and illogical choices on it!) ;)

I really didn't flesh out my original statements better. I still doubt we'll see a Granny figure. But since the 6 packs have been a place for an all new, and larger sculpt - I'd rather have the one new sculpt of Kalibak, than repaints (with minimal new sculpting - just heads right?) of the three characters were are getting. And I'm actually not sure if I'm in the popular opinion by saying that.

Regardless, I'll end on your "jerk" comment - I just want to add, I like having open discourse with other collectors. I like being able to throw in my two cents. And as long as we all keep it friendly, I don't see why we should ever shy away from making our opinions heard. I see lots of good ideas here and I enjoy it when someone makes a good point that is different than mine and makes me think!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:21 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I do think the line will survive on mostly repaints, but I also think Mattel wants to try to add some quality and will do some new sculpting, I mean they are obviously putting some effort into this new direction and depending on how it does I do see some new sculpts coming. I don't think it's as drastic as to think we will only get repaints, it's not that far gone, LOL, I just think that for characters like Kalibak and Stripe and Lobo, it's also a packaging issue. It seems that these characters are a little more delux and may be held off for single packaging, another six pack, or an exclusive. I'm confident we'll see Kalibak at some point, especially with this extra focus on the New Gods...

Post subject: Rereleasing figures?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:57 pm 
Displays Backwards

What I want to know is if Mattel is going to rerelease the figures that a lot of us haven't been able to find. Like Hawman, Mister Miracle, Fire, Ice, Star Sapphire, Sand, Deadshot, Barda, Obsidian, Stargirl, Parasite, Volcana, Blue Devil, and Grodd ans his evil friends. That's a lot of released product that I have never seen and purchased. It's great that the line will keep going, and Target is pretty much the only place that has figures anyway, BUT I hope Mattel gets the figures we want out into stores and not just Clark and Bruce.

I mean, I'm just not excited about new figures when I can't find the old ones. I hope this is an issue Mattel actually addresses with the rebirth of this line. Crossing my fingers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next