Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:02 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Thanks for sharing Airmax. Can you tell us how and where you got to peek at an advanced copy of ToyFare?

Even though JLU will be a Target exclusive, I hope Mattel will allow online retailers access to some JLU case assortments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:10 pm 
Damage Control

Masked Avenger wrote:
Cool Airmax,

But, is that it? Or are you not giving it all up?

Is that it? Man, that is some pretty big news. I'm sure Mattel wants something to show at toy fair. Most of the prototypes will probably be shown at SDCC. In fact, since Target is the exclusive rights holder, we may not see anything at Toy fair, as the line has already been locked in by Target. No one else would be able to get JLU anyway. Thanks Pierre for the great news.

Also, I'm sure online retailers will still be able to carry the figures. Mattel would be pretty stupid to totally cut them out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:12 pm 
PVC

First off, I'm not ignoring your PMs guys, I just can't do anything until I get home tonight.

From the way the article reads, Question in one of the assortments for 2008. He's definitely coming.

I think the Target exclusivity is a great thing personally. It's not like other retailers have been keeping up with JLU anyway. If they weren't interested, let Target get em. They've always been fairly easy to find there - and have always maintained a rack presence for the most part.

And nope Masked, that was pretty much it - or at least all the big points I got from quickly scanning through the article.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:22 pm 
4" scale

I love it when Mattel introduces characters we were not expecting. Remember Obsidian, Sand, and Nemesis? I would love to have Lashina (and hopefully get the other Furies as well). Having Mantis in the assortment is another Super Powers figure remade. Shazam better be on his way! I'm glad Target is getting this. As much as I would love more options of where to get figures, I never really found anything I was interested in at Walmart or Toys R Us anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:46 pm 
Former King of Posts

airmax - thanks for the info.
do you know when this magazine will hit the stands?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:54 pm 
An Insider

Quote:
There is a New Gods 6pk coming with three new characters in it: Forager, Mantis and Lashina along with Mr. Miracle, Superman and Darkseid.

this is great! a six pack with pretty much four figures most people don't have is tremendous. I can't wait! I love Kirby's Fourth World! Kalibak has to be next.

Quote:
JLU Question is coming.

'bout time! can't wait to see pics

Quote:
At least 13 new characters along with some fan-requested repaints and redecos in the fall.

this bodes well for me. I really hope that Booster and Copperhead and Kyle Rayner are among the first to get the repaint/redeco treatment.

Quote:
Lobo is still iffy. They are working on possibilities to get him made.

Con exclusive please!

Quote:
2009 will likely see a slew of animated style characters that were not on JLU along with the possibility of characters from former Timm-verse shows.

this is fantastic! with JLU being Target exclusive, hopefully they will each do their best to crank up distribution to get these in everyone's hands.

great scoop, Pierre! thanks!

Last edited by zaxilla2 on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:06 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

superfriend wrote:
airmax - thanks for the info.
do you know when this magazine will hit the stands?

ToyFare #128 will be in comic stores February 13; newsstands 2 weeks after that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:27 pm 
buzz word garbage hater

I really can't wait for all the naysayers to see this and reply...

I guess JLU isn't so 'dead' after all, eh?

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:57 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Airmax, you are truly the bearer of good news! Forager, he was HUGE in "Twilight"! Mantis is one I've long thought we needed! Lashina, well I forgot about her, but she definitely belongs in my collection! THe Question- YESSS!!! Lobo even at maybe is a victory! Way to go Toy Guru!

Thanks again Airmax, your word is gold to me! And yes Pierre, you've made my day!!!!!! :D

Last edited by darkknight30 on Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:58 pm 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

Thanks Airmax, you're the coolest. I think the Target news is great, no more city spanning searches. Plus, this will save Mattel money, the case ratios can be better and things will be much easier to find. Great news. I would've liked a little more revealed, like news on a wave or something like that. But hopefully Toy Fair will bring more happiness...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:44 pm 
Brand Manager

BIG thanks Airmax!!! :wink:

I really hope we could se the six pack and all the new figures to be released in the fall. :wink:

Really great news!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:12 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Brilliant! Thanks AirMax! Kudos to Mattel and Toy Guru as well. Cannot wait to see the pics!!!

Post subject: Re: JLU News for 2008
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:23 pm 
MINT!

Airmax wrote:
Saw a copy of next week's ToyFare today and the JLU news is as follows:

JLU will be Target exclusive starting this summer

There is a New Gods 6pk coming with three new characters in it: Forager, Mantis and Lashina along with Mr. Miracle, Superman and Darkseid.

JLU Question is coming.

At least 13 new characters along with some fan-requested repaints and redecos in the fall.

Lobo is still iffy. They are working on possibilities to get him made.

2009 will likely see a slew of animated style characters that were not on JLU along with the possibility of characters from former Timm-verse shows.

Wow that's some cool news! I'm glad Target is going to be the only one carrying the line 'cause they seem like there the only store that cares about the line anymore. I like the next 6-pack because while yes we are getting another Superman and Darkseid, it gives people who haven't gotten Mr. Miracle yet like me another chance to get him and 3 new characters sounds like a good deal to me. Yay Question is finally coming now Huntress won't be lonely anymore! :lol: It's also cool that some of the figures are being re-painted (Booster Gold, Dr. Fate and Red Tornado please!) To me Lobo is not a important character to get but it would still be cool to get him. Can't wait in the store for this year and next year too! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:25 pm 
Damage Control

Man, the new figures look great. Looks like they went with cloth wings for mantis (makes sense since they have to connect to wrists and ankles). I'm really looking forward to Lashina. Meeeow! Well, if you are into freaky S&M chicks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:27 pm 
Santos L. Halper

WOW! I LOVE it!

I SOOOO love Lashina! How cool...I think in order to keep this line profitable we probably wont see many new characters that require new sculpts...hence no Kalibak or Granny...oh well!

I would bet money that if Question is confirmed, keep your eyes peeled for Captain Atom!

13 figures will about cover the remaining members of the JLU not yet produced...

This is HUGE news for this line...

GREAT STUFF!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next