Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:25 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Marc wrote:
Sooooo, in countries like Canada where there are no Target stores...?

Should I overreact now or wait a while for someone to maybe give me a glimmer of hope here? Let me say I will be very, very disappointed if this means whatever meagre avenues we had up here of getting these figures are now closed.

I'm guessing you're screwed, but communities like AFI will be more than happy to help you out. Once these are released, I'm sure many people here will be willing to help you get 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:40 am 
Factory Worker

I am so glad the JLU line is alive and well. Thanks to the efforts of Toy Guru and company for expanding this line and it looks like we're in for some pretty good figures come Fall 2008.

===

Now, this is all well and good but man, Asia has really been shafted on the JLU front. Talked to contacts in Singapore and HK, and all over the Philippines, we've hardly gotten new figures since 2006.

It's tough to collect lines from overseas because each time we order, the shipping costs almost twice as much as the figures.

This is why I have held back on ebay. I want to get Blue Devil, Fire, Ice, Mr. Miracle, Grodd, Hawkman, Joker... all figures that have NEVER shown up in most parts of Asia I've been to. Now, if I were to hunt each one of them down via ebay through seperate sellers, shipping would be a killer.

Unless I can find ONE guy who sells all of these, it's impossible and impractical. And the same goes for Con exclusives.

And remember, the prices on ebay are already scalped. So that's an additional 15 to 20 each for shipping on figures purchased at jacked up prices.

The same problem with online stores. (Which often don't have the exclusives anyway.) Sadly, JLU is just fast becoming the most impractical and unreasonable line for me.

I know some guys on these boards would like to help out but again, it's still going to be expensive, as the cumulative cost is still staggering when you have every single figure shipped each time around.

I love JLU. I have every DVD and watch it again from time to time. Every shop I go to here and throughout Asia, I look for JLU figures. I really wanted to collect every JLU figure out there. With JLU becoming a Target exclusive, it's just not going to happen.

So while I am so glad that JLU is alive and well but it's beginning to look like the end of JLU for me. And not by my own choosing. Because I would still buy these if I could. But I'll stop looking for them.

There's the option of getting these on the black market here in Asia. I hear that with the right connections, you can get a line on some factories in China. It's illegal though. Still, with the door being slammed shut on us, it may end up our only means of getting JLU figures at all.

Oh, and I did the "tell your retailer" bit to local distributors and stores but they said "Mattel just isn't making these available."

Well, at least we still have DCUC. Though I admit I now worry that at some point, DCUC will be equally scarce in Asia, or become a US exclusive line as well.

Don't get me wrong. This is all great news. Just not for us.

Last edited by JamesJesse on Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:43 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

this is great news! Target is the only place I find anything anyways.
anyone able to pm me some pics?* thanks you know who
Looking great hope I can find em (never found grodd)
Can't wait for Q

Last edited by Thebigzakbowski on Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:43 am 
An Insider

I am pumped about this news! I can't wait to see what new figures are coming :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:59 am 
Kool Moe Dee

No word on the 10" line. I guess that is done.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:00 am 
Knows his stuff

This is freaking awesome.

As for it being a Target exclusive that's great as long as we are able to find them and they actually get a decent amount of stock. I'm pretty sure though the case packouts would hopefully be equal due to the fact that it is officially now a collectors line. I do however hope that BBTS is still able to actually get the cases thay have been informed of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:00 am 

Did anyone else read anything into the Superman comment in the 6 pack statement from Toy Guru. Maybe it is Superman in the costume he wore, when he was under Darkseid's control. That also could explain the title Attack from Apokolips.

Last edited by bizzaro on Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:14 am 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

So is the six pack coming in the fall or in the summer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:15 am 
Hat Pooper

Summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:19 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

bizzaro wrote:
Did anyone else read anything into the Superman comment in the ^ pack statement from Toy Guru. Maybe it is Superman in the costume he wore, when he was under Darkseid's control. That also could explain the title Attack from Apokolips.

Yes I did, and that's what I was hoping for! Maybe a Brave New Metropolis or future JLU version too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:22 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

I quit collecting JLU but hope the news about animated characters that didn't appear on JLU and Timm style figs is true!

Post subject: Re: JLU News for 2008
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:29 am 
Collector Inspector

Airmax wrote:
Saw a copy of next week's ToyFare today and the JLU news is as follows:
JLU will be Target exclusive starting this summer
There is a New Gods 6pk coming with three new characters in it: Forager, Mantis and Lashina along with Mr. Miracle, Superman and Darkseid.
JLU Question is coming.
At least 13 new characters along with some fan-requested repaints and redecos in the fall.
Lobo is still iffy. They are working on possibilities to get him made.
2009 will likely see a slew of animated style characters that were not on JLU along with the possibility of characters from former Timm-verse shows.

WOW!!!.....

Love that its becoming a target exclusive. Hopefully that means that it will be on the shelves with alot more regularity and availability. Also hope it means they start selling it on target.com. That would make this stuff even easier to find.

Never been a fan of the New Gods/Kirby stuff. But I'll end up getting the new 6pack. Mantis and Forager just looked really cool. Especially if he comes with his shield like in the picture. (Kinda wish though that I had just waited and not bought the Mr. Miracle 3pack.)

The Question..... FREAKIN YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praying that one is easy to find. Almost hoping they put him in another 6pack. That would make it almost impossible not to find. Wonder what the other 12 characters will be.
But on Lobo, ill buy if I find, but I can live without. But with this becoming a target exclusive line, the walmart bans on characters won't be a problem.
Really looking forward to the non-Timmverse characters. There's a list a mile long of characters I'd love to see.

Now if the 3pack cases with the hard to finds would just come out, id be really happy. Or if I could just find Grodd.
DrGreenEvil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:33 am 
5" Scale

Awesome news! Question, plus 12 new characters, then repaints, and 3 New Gods characters on top of it all? Great! I can't wait to see who's in the line up.

I have no problem with the line being a Target exclusive, since that's the only place I can find anything anyway!

Could I please impose on some kind soul to PM me the images?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:41 am 
MINT!

Yeah, whats the future for the JLU 10" line?????!!! ANY news on them? Is it over? are they gonna release the rest of the Jlords? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:48 am 

I really think the 10 inch line is dead, considering Target is the exclusive carrier and they don't have a shelf spot for it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next