Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:06 am 
Former King of Posts

Or get one of the new 3 3/4 Hal's, an extra JLU John Stewart, and swap the heads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:25 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Here's an image of Hal so everyone can admire the new body paint job/HEAD sculpt:)

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode= ... 00&start=0

Last edited by jzachery on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:33 pm 
Former King of Posts

Its NOT a new body sculpt. There are only about 5 human male bodies in JLU.

Flash, Green Lantern, Batman, Superman, J'onn. Maybe Booster Gold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:08 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

It looks like a different body to me, but I could be wrong. Maybe it's just the arms... *edited it due to me being ignorant:)

Last edited by jzachery on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:27 pm 
An Insider

There are 4 generic body types. Small (Deadshot), Medium V1 (Parasite,lightray), Medium V2 (Sinestro, Booster), and Large (Mr. Miracle, Atom Smasher). Hal is a Medium V1 body type for sure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:29 pm 
shirtless hugger

Are we still working on getting a casting of the orginal Hal's head, or is that not going to happen? I would be happy just getting a copy of the head sculpt and customizing him with all the spare bodys i have lying around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:46 pm 
Bob Vila

Howard the Duck wrote:
hellpop wrote:
Oh God, not this again.

It's not going to happen. We just have to accept it. Just get yourself a nice custom and move on with your life.

I really don't understand this line of thinking. It's one thing to accept it. It's another thing to say that it's not going to happen. And it's another thing entirely to sit back, lay down, and play good little listener/conformist when told so by The Powers That Be.(that's not directed at you specifically, hellpop. I'm not into attacking you. Unless you're the nitwit at DC/WB preventing a JLU Hal)

I don't fall into any of these above categories.

I believe that some people who hold "power", like to do so. It gets into their head. Makes them feel like a worthwhile person, simply because they are "in charge" of something. This is opposed to someone who is in charge and does the job well, without the needless ego-stroking and puffed up sense of importance. Ever had a boss who was completely full of ****? I'm sure you have. They are in charge, and they are right because they are the boss, or so they think. To some, being the boss is equal to being 100% in the right 100% of the time. Well, I say that's bull.

I also say that it is this type of person who is the one responsible for nixing a Mattel JLU Hal Jordan. Some micromanaging, egotistical, self-important, puffed up, loathesome gutter trash excuse for a boss. "It is my decision to not allow Mattel to produce a Hal Jordan figure." Bite me, boss man/woman. You're not only wrong, but you're, dare I say it, shortsighted and stupid. The lack of a JLU Hal Jordan is enough proof of that. Tell me otherwise, and I'll apologize. But I'm certain that you'll never see such an apology from me.

I'm amazed that a company such as DC Comics(and by extension Warner Bros) can't get their collective **** together and realize that fans want this figure. And Lobo too, for that matter(I feel your pain, Czarnian fans) I really find it hard to believe that it's a matter of legalites. In fact, I refuse to do so. This company has been marketing, producing, and financially exploiting it's comic book characters for decades, and they can't simply sign off on one more character?

I normally wouldn't suggest that anyone keeps their opinions to themselves, but in the case of a JLU Hal Jordan, I don't know. We need all of the support we can get. To simply bow down to some coorporate swine is going to do nothing but puff their inflated sense of importance up a bit more, while at the same time diluting the Hal fans' argument down. I'd love to own a custom, but I should never have to plug a custom into my collection to complete it. Not when billion dollar companies have more than enough resources to bet it together and make an action figure. Billion dollar companies. With a capital "B"! The one word I want to type also starts with a capital "B", but I have to let the asterisks do the talking:

********, DC/WB, ********!

It's just that its a dead horse, Howard. They know we want it, and they're not going to make it, and at this point nothing is going to change their minds. Yes, it doesn't make any sense, and yes, it's frustrating, but it's been-- what, three years? Starting up new threads to make the same old arguments is just fruitless.

You should dvote your energy to something really important, like Getting DC Direct to continue with the Minimates. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:19 pm 
Resin

What if we got a Modern Age Hal Jordan. Based off of his current appearance in the comics (no green shorts, slightly different domino mask)? Then it would be based off of his current appearance and not his JLU appearance and cross promote his new look in the comics. That being said I'm never going to worry about this again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:22 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

I hope they come out with a DCAU-style Parallax just to pleeple everyone off more. :lol:

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:23 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Here's a better pic of Hal. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:24 pm 
The Last Word

marillion wrote:
I hope they come out with a DCAU-style Parallax just to pleeple everyone off more.

Now that is a good idea! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:34 pm 
An Insider

nightwing wrote:
What if we got a Modern Age Hal Jordan. Based off of his current appearance in the comics (no green shorts, slightly different domino mask)? Then it would be based off of his current appearance and not his JLU appearance and cross promote his new look in the comics. That being said I'm never going to worry about this again.

I'd take what I could get, but with Mattel and DC I think it's the principal of the matter. Perhaps we should just be thankful Mattel still even has the licence and that the legal system was never called in.

marillion wrote:
I hope they come out with a DCAU-style Parallax just to pleeple everyone off more. :lol:

Peace,

Chip

:lol: :? :( I'll take what I can get! :roll: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:41 pm 
Mattel Mogul

We're doing The Question and bring the line back as a collector focus. Doesn't that count for anything! :-)

Hal was done as a gift for Warner Brothers and DC Comics to thank the people who worked on the line. Becuase of this, contractually we do not have access to Hal in the JLU style.

Yes, we are well aware of collector demand for a Hal, but with the greatly explanded character selection we are looking into for 2009, we should be able to hit almost all of the other major fan requests. (depending on how well fans support the 2008 Target line)

Personally I would love to see the line continue for many years. Right now JLU is completly in fan's hands. If the Target line takes off, this train may very well keep truckin for quite a while.

TG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:49 pm 
Variant Head

Well, I would post here how much I would like to get a JLU Hal Jordan figure (for the 10000000th time) but I'm pretty sure everybody already knows that :?

Just give me 5 minutes with the %$#%$# that not allow Mattel to release it and we'll see the prototype at the next convention :twisted:

Just kiding (well, maybe not) :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:52 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

ToyGuru wrote:
We're doing The Question and bring the line back as a collector focus. Doesn't that count for anything! :-)

Hal was done as a gift for Warner Brothers and DC Comics to thank the people who worked on the line. Becuase of this, contractually we do not have access to Hal in the JLU style.

Yes, we are well aware of collector demand for a Hal, but with the greatly explanded character selection we are looking into for 2009, we should be able to hit almost all of the other major fan requests. (depending on how well fans support the 2008 Target line)

Personally I would love to see the line continue for many years. Right now JLU is completly in fan's hands. If the Target line takes off, this train may very well keep truckin for quite a while.

TG

Thanks for the reply, and the info ToyGuru. Not to mention the fine work on the JLU line, and extending it's run through Target.

I don't think you or Mattel have to worry about support for the JLU-T(JLU Target) line. As long as Target doesn't pull a Grodd, and mess things up, we'll all be there on Aug 1st to buy it up in droves. Trust me on that.

For me, however, no matter what greatness the JLU line has achieved or yet to reach, there will always be a gaping hole in it where Hal Jordan is concerned. If you'd indulge me a question or two...

1) Not being a lawyer, I'm not sure how contracts work exactly. So, what kind of contract would have a clause built into it that would, by nature, invalidate a character like Hal Jordan?

2) Would it then be safe to say that if Hal wasn't picked by Mattel to be that year's holiday gift, that maybe we would be more inclined to see a mass market Hal by now?

3) Is Hal forever and ever more off the table? Is the contract in question comprehensively binding? Or, can one or both parties listed in the contract waive or release mutually agreed to clauses? Is there a better chance of seeing Spider-Man in the JLU line because of this contract?(and no, I don't realy want that)

4) Straight up: Is Mattel being punished in any way, shape, or form for distributing the Holiday Hal Jordan figure in the first place.

5) Theoretically speaking, if Target themselves asked Mattel to throw a JLU Hal Jordan in the JLU-T line in 2009, would it be an impossible task, or does a retail partner such as Target not carry to much weight with the higher-ups at DC/WB?

Sorry about the questions, but any answers would pretty much put to rest any doubts and confusion that was brought on by the Holiday Hal fiasco in the first place. And I wouldn't have to type out Hal Jordan manifestos here on AFI anymore.

Oh, and thanks for The Question, Lashina, Forager, and Mantis! And for the rest of the JLU-T line that we all have yet to see. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to watch the end of Lost. :D

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next