Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:41 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 312
The way I read the report on JLU is that there will be 16 figures total between the two waves, not 16 per wave. Personally, I never thought we'd get that many more at all. If Mattel throws in repaints of figures like Booster Gold and reissues of 5POA originals or hard-to-find figures, I think we have the makings of two great waves.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:36 pm 
User avatar
Mattel Mogul
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 136
Okay. Totally didn't mean for this to get confusing.

There are 16 new figures for 2008. That's a lot for half a year anyway you slice it. The figures will ship in two waves. Wave 1 will be in Aug, wave 2 will be in Octoberish. (things change and that is still far off).

As stated, each "wave" will have two (count em) 6 packs, two 3 packs, and five single figures.

And to clarify, Superman is in his original deco in the Apokolips pack. (and we are trying to include the 5 POA figures whenever logistics allow). There are still a few main characters in the line in their known deco to help anchor sets. While you won't see three packs with Supes, WW and Bats together, they will be available in some form in the fall line.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Weapons and Accessories
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:41 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:13 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Dallas
Hi - this is my first post and I'm happy to be here. My question is about accessories. I've never seen a six pack with weapons and three packs normally don't have them either. But this time around, Forager has his shield. Will Lashina have her whip? Will the new three packs include accessories as well? I appreciate everything Mattel has done for us and it's a great time to be a DC fan. The Infinite Heroes line looks great. Can't wait and hope they make it to Wal-Mart. It's also nice that the prices are reasonable.

BTW, can someone please help with the instructions on how to upload an avatar. I've never done it before. Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:55 am 
User avatar
Super Amigo Fantastico!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8292
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
ToyGuru wrote:
Okay. Totally didn't mean for this to get confusing.

There are 16 new figures for 2008. That's a lot for half a year anyway you slice it. The figures will ship in two waves. Wave 1 will be in Aug, wave 2 will be in Octoberish. (things change and that is still far off).

As stated, each "wave" will have two (count em) 6 packs, two 3 packs, and five single figures.

And to clarify, Superman is in his original deco in the Apokolips pack. (and we are trying to include the 5 POA figures whenever logistics allow). There are still a few main characters in the line in their known deco to help anchor sets. While you won't see three packs with Supes, WW and Bats together, they will be available in some form in the fall line.


Thanks for the clarification, Scott. We appreciate you addressing all our questions so quickly after the 'mini press release.'

Peace,

Chip

_________________
WANTED (all MOC) : Kenner "Free Poster Offer" Brainiac, Playful Super Amigos Brainiac, Trilingual Brainiac (without poster sticker), Lili Ledy Super Poderes Brainiac, Nibo Brainiac


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:02 am 
active in the community
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:54 pm
Posts: 93
Location: Austin, Texas
My question is what will be the 2nd 6pack of figures be? This first one - I am exicited about Lashina- is named Attack from Apokolips. Whats the next one going to be?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:18 am 
User avatar
Former King of Posts
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10589
Location: Happy Harbor, RI
rtvu2 wrote:
My question is what will be the 2nd 6pack of figures be? This first one - I am exicited about Lashina- is named Attack from Apokolips. Whats the next one going to be?


They already told us, the rest of the line will be revealed in a few months at the NY Comic Convention. April 18-20.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:50 am 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1772
Location: New Jersey
Thanks for the clarification, TG!

If I understand, then, there are 4 6-packs coming out this year, the first of which is the Forager/Lashina/Mantis one....I wouldn't be surprised to see more of the New Gods showing up in some of the other ones!

Now that I think about it, it makes sense...2 6-packs per wave, 2 3-packs and 5 singles is 23 figures per wave.

If there are 16 new figures for the year, for argument's sake 8 per wave, that means in each wave, approx:

8 new characters
Maybe 5 new repaints
10 repacks...core JL'ers plus maybe a really good way for folks to get Volcana, Obsidian, Deadshot, etc.

_________________
Riddle me this...????

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:03 am 
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 485
Location: Northern VA
ToyGuru wrote:
There are 16 new figures for 2008. That's a lot for half a year anyway you slice it. The figures will ship in two waves. Wave 1 will be in Aug, wave 2 will be in Octoberish. (things change and that is still far off).

As stated, each "wave" will have two (count em) 6 packs, two 3 packs, and five single figures.


Wow, four 6-packs in a span of about 5 months (Aug-Dec)?! That's crazy (in an exciting way). Surprised Target wants that many!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:06 am 
Prototype
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 7237
Location: Maryland
TSR wrote:
ToyGuru wrote:
There are 16 new figures for 2008. That's a lot for half a year anyway you slice it. The figures will ship in two waves. Wave 1 will be in Aug, wave 2 will be in Octoberish. (things change and that is still far off).

As stated, each "wave" will have two (count em) 6 packs, two 3 packs, and five single figures.


Wow, four 6-packs in a span of about 5 months (Aug-Dec)?! That's crazy (in an exciting way). Surprised Target wants that many!

I'm surprised but VERY pleased!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:15 am 
User avatar
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3701
Location: Phoenix
ToyGuru wrote:
There are 16 new figures for 2008. That's a lot for half a year anyway you slice it.


Have to agree with that. Kinda surprised at the folks who are disappointed at that number!

Thanks for clarifying.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:25 pm 
Factory Worker
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 806
Oh, so its almost like the way ot was before, but two waves are like one wave from 2006 and before


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:05 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3307
Location: San Diego, CA
So this is part of the wave we will see beginning in August? Cross your fingers that we see it sooner!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:56 am 
User avatar
Former King of Posts
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10589
Location: Happy Harbor, RI
Azrael24 wrote:
Oh, so its almost like the way ot was before, but two waves are like one wave from 2006 and before


Not sure how you are counting waves, but didn't the early JLU usually show 2 waves at Toy Fair and 2 waves at SDCC?

and I don't recall being shown 16 new figs all at once. maybe a dozen/12 or a few more, but 16 feels like more.

_________________
Read my latest AFi blog:
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/blog ... perfriend/
You might enjoy it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:58 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 457
jzachery wrote:
So this is part of the wave we will see beginning in August? Cross your fingers that we see it sooner!


I'd cross your fingers that we actually see it in on Target shelves in August.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:21 pm 
Factory Worker
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 806
superfriend wrote:
Azrael24 wrote:
Oh, so its almost like the way ot was before, but two waves are like one wave from 2006 and before


Not sure how you are counting waves, but didn't the early JLU usually show 2 waves at Toy Fair and 2 waves at SDCC?

and I don't recall being shown 16 new figs all at once. maybe a dozen/12 or a few more, but 16 feels like more.

well, they would show what i considered one wave that came in to different sections. or the back of the cards would show six three packs, three being one section and all six being a whole wave. but maybe i just counted it wrong


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], PJ


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.045s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]