Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hal Jordan - Animated version
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:43 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

The madder Howard the Duck gets, the stronger Howard the Duck gets. Curse words are spacially accurate, but self-censored. I'm a thoughtful duck after all.

Just read ToyGuru's comment about how Hal STILL isn't allowed in the JLU line. I mean, what the hell? What? Is? So? Difficult? All I want to see is a ************* Green Lantern Hal Jordan JLU figure. We've seen him in The Batman line(Mattel Hal No. 1) We're going to see him in the Battle League(Mattel Hal No. 2) DC Classics(Mattel Hal No. 3) What other Mattel Hal are we missing here? It's getting more than a bit insulting. I'm sure that we'll see Mattel Hal No. 37 in the DC Soap Whittlers line before we ever see a JLU Hal at this point.

Yeah, part if me thinks it's cool to see ol' Hal in the other Mattel lines. That's great, if that's what you choose to collect. Well, I've never in all of my ******* life ever heard of such a ****** ** situation in Toyland. Ever!

I was convinced a long while ago that it is not Mattel's fault. But really, they(Mattel) should not let a damn day go by where they shouldn't call up that ******* at DC/WB who is preventing Hal from his greatest action figure appearance ever(in my humble opinion, anyway) You bet your sweet *** that if I had such a phone number, that DC/WB would have to change it, because I'd be calling it every damn day. You paid your money to WB for the rights to do practically the entire damn DC Universe for cryin' out loud. ****!

As if it's not bad enough, if I ever find out that the actual reason that we all don't already own a JLU Hal is because approximately 100 people would be pissed off that their so-called precious Hal Jordan gift figure would become de-valued....Grrrr :twisted: Well, **** those people!(I mean that in a nice way) There are only three people who wouldn't incur my wrath then: 1) Julius Marx, you're good. 2) Bruce Timm(I assume he is one of the Hal One Hundred) and 3) Dwayne Mc Duffie. The other ninety-seven people better not have a problem with Mattel wanting to make a mass-market Hal. I would(if I could) personally challenge each of those ninety-seven to a duel of their own choosing, and I would destroy them all. If, let's say, Number 55 wanted to duel me in a game of Twister, then I would be the Twister God, and smite thee. Get it? You other ninety-seven people are given fair warning :wink: You know were to find me...

Granted, there is no reason in all of creation, the multiverse, reality, unreality, past, present, future, or as-yet-to-be-invented expression of the space-time continuum that is valid or good enough for Hal not to be made as a JLU figure. I don't care for any of the **** reasons that some *********, ********, *******, ****-***-****** jerk at DC/WB does not want Mattel to make Hal for. Nor should I. I'm just a fan. I'm just a consumer of these toys. Who am I to be disappointed? Upset? Well, I just answered that question: Because I am just a fan and a consumer. What the hell do I know anyway? Monkey-suited, hollow-headed ******.

This rant has been brought to you by Howard the Duck. Howard had to vent, or he would currently be a pool of gelatinous slime on the rug at his house this very moment. Let your feelings out, or they will consume you from within, friends. It's all about catharsis.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:53 am 
Knows his stuff

I want a JLU mass market Hal.

Not sure what number I am, but you can at least cross one more off your list.

;)

One can never have too many Hals.

Post subject: Re: Hal Jordan
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:06 am 
Cold-cast

Howard the Duck wrote:

I was convinced a long while ago that it is not Mattel's fault.

As if it's not bad enough, if I ever find out that the actual reason that we all don't already own a JLU Hal is because approximately 100 people would be pissed off that their so-called precious Hal Jordan gift figure would become de-valued....Grrrr

It is TOTALLY Mattel's fault. They circumvented the DC/WB Approval process to give a gift to those 100 people.

From what has been gleaned from the interbuttz, DC Direct wanted Hal for themselves for the GL:Rebrith thing. Mattel went around 'the process' and DCD was p**sed.

[SPECULATION] It's prolly the same WB/DC decision makers blocking a JLU Hal as retribution for Holiday Hal[/SPECULATION]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:13 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

It's prolly those 100 people who got the Hal in the first place why Mattel is seriously not putting HAL JORDAN into mass circulation...

I mean, heck all the JLU collectors, I'm protecting my 100 elite... But that;s just me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:16 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I agree, **** DC/WB we need hal now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:18 am 
Bob Vila

Oh God, not this again.

It's not going to happen. We just have to accept it. Just get yourself a nice custom and move on with your life.

Post subject: Re: Hal Jordan
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:19 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

LOL. Funny rant. I've never been to vocal on the Hal brouhaha, but there was something about the comment that made be bristle.

Quote:
I can tell you that Hal Jordan will not be available for the JLU line.

I have no idea what the real reason is but I'm also a little suspicious that its:

Howard the Duck wrote:
if I ever find out that the actual reason that we all don't already own a JLU Hal is because approximately 100 people would be pissed off that their so-called precious Hal Jordan gift figure would become de-valued....

I'm more upset that he pulled Lobo off the table just when we got some hope that he might happen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:24 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

When did he make these comments about Hal Jordan and on what site?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:40 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

bizzaro wrote:
When did he make these comments about Hal Jordan and on what site?

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=518

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:12 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I would agree and say buy a good custom one... I came to realize that I was most likely never going to get a Black Vulcan or Capt. Marvel Jr. in JLU so I got them custom, and I love love love love them, you can wait for a version that is really cool to you, and my custom figures stand well, have legs that are the same length, etc. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:39 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

hellpop wrote:
Oh God, not this again.

It's not going to happen. We just have to accept it. Just get yourself a nice custom and move on with your life.

I really don't understand this line of thinking. It's one thing to accept it. It's another thing to say that it's not going to happen. And it's another thing entirely to sit back, lay down, and play good little listener/conformist when told so by The Powers That Be.(that's not directed at you specifically, hellpop. I'm not into attacking you. Unless you're the nitwit at DC/WB preventing a JLU Hal)

I don't fall into any of these above categories.

I believe that some people who hold "power", like to do so. It gets into their head. Makes them feel like a worthwhile person, simply because they are "in charge" of something. This is opposed to someone who is in charge and does the job well, without the needless ego-stroking and puffed up sense of importance. Ever had a boss who was completely full of ****? I'm sure you have. They are in charge, and they are right because they are the boss, or so they think. To some, being the boss is equal to being 100% in the right 100% of the time. Well, I say that's bull.

I also say that it is this type of person who is the one responsible for nixing a Mattel JLU Hal Jordan. Some micromanaging, egotistical, self-important, puffed up, loathesome gutter trash excuse for a boss. "It is my decision to not allow Mattel to produce a Hal Jordan figure." Bite me, boss man/woman. You're not only wrong, but you're, dare I say it, shortsighted and stupid. The lack of a JLU Hal Jordan is enough proof of that. Tell me otherwise, and I'll apologize. But I'm certain that you'll never see such an apology from me.

I'm amazed that a company such as DC Comics(and by extension Warner Bros) can't get their collective **** together and realize that fans want this figure. And Lobo too, for that matter(I feel your pain, Czarnian fans) I really find it hard to believe that it's a matter of legalites. In fact, I refuse to do so. This company has been marketing, producing, and financially exploiting it's comic book characters for decades, and they can't simply sign off on one more character?

I normally wouldn't suggest that anyone keeps their opinions to themselves, but in the case of a JLU Hal Jordan, I don't know. We need all of the support we can get. To simply bow down to some coorporate swine is going to do nothing but puff their inflated sense of importance up a bit more, while at the same time diluting the Hal fans' argument down. I'd love to own a custom, but I should never have to plug a custom into my collection to complete it. Not when billion dollar companies have more than enough resources to get it together and make an action figure. Billion dollar companies. With a capital "B"! The one word I want to type also starts with a capital "B", but I have to let the asterisks do the talking:

********, DC/WB, ********!

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Last edited by Howard the Duck on Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:46 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Why not start an online petition? Not a new thread, this doesn't count, but an actual petition of people saying they would buy this figure? If they see the $ is there, perhaps they will concede. Frankly, I don't understand why they can't/won't do it either, same with Lobo, they were on the cartoon, the fans want them desperately, they are still BOTH marketed towards kids in the comics anyway, why not make the figure? But luckily for me, they are both characters that I can live without, but I'm way in the minority on that one, and even being in the minority on it, I'd buy them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:53 am 
Santos L. Halper

I know, Howard. I feel for Lobo the way you do about Hal. All we can do, though, is keep asking and pleading the powers that be to reconsider. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:58 am 
An Insider

I would honestly be happy with a completely non JLU animated style Hal. Considering the entire DC universe is pretty much open now and Mattel can make figures that never appeared in the show, I say just redesign Hal like he was never in the show and give us that figure. Then that keeps the 100 happy and we get a Hal. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:04 am 
Former King of Posts

I think the deal is this. No Hal. No Lobo. Not for the forseable future. My suggestion is a bit more than poster jzachery's.

Online petitions mean little. It takes little effort. Instead, post on every website that is Green Lantern related that you can find, especially DC's own GL forum. Sign up for every GL and action figure forum you can find. Calmly state that Hal fans are slighted by the lack of this product. Ask that everyone mail a letter to WB and DC and Mattel. 3 separate letters. Provide Addresses for the letter. Departments if possible. "Boys Toys Manager" might work for Mattel. Include in your post what you want the letters to convey. Suggest potential wording such as "I am a huge fan of Hal Jordan. I pledge to buy X number of Hal Jordan figure in this style." Make sure JLU cartoon is referenced, etc.

This might do what you are hoping, show the folks in the right place the demand for the product and the money to be made.

{Ask me about my experience with Total Justice sometime.}