Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: GOSPEEDGOGOGOGO......brief review of the new toys.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:18 pm 
Damage Control

Im a big fan of Speed Racer, when I caught a clip of the new movie coming out, I was hooked all over again. The one item that really caught my eye was the car and figure of racer x, speed and cannonball taylor with thier respective cars. The cars looked great and they are great, the figues are okay, unfortunately, they are about 1/2 inch too big. They look a bit large when seated in thier cars. Luckily, if you have a saw or some other cutting instrument, you can have a figure that fits and still be happy you spent 10$. I cut the figure just above the waist. All three figures went thru this procedure and all three look great in the cars that I bought.

The big Mach V-so worth the money.

The big Mach VI-notsomuch, its not in scale with the other mach V, but the worst part is thier is no way to put a figure in the cockpit of the car unless you plan on just putting the head in. This would make a cool batmobile custom tho.

SPEED RACER LEGOs-GOSPEEDGOGOGO
At first, I didnt really care for them, but getting a good guy/bad guy with each set and a variety of characters, Im digging them. I picked up the Mach V w/Snake Oiler and Racer X w/Red racing opponent.
I plan on getting the other sets but for now, Im enjoying what I got.

As for the movie, from what I can see of the toys, multiple race track sets, it seems to have stories within stories...like bits of each speed racer cartoon episode. Just my theory.

Im not looking for an oscar winning movie, just a fun one. I dont care if its campy, its speed racer, not an epic tale, just a cartoon given form in reality. Im looking for fun and that's it, if this movie can do that in 90 minutes, Ill be happy.