Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 387  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:27 pm 
Damage Control

vancleef9000 wrote:
I kind of like the Adam Strange but these are terrible figures. They look like bootlegs of 90's Toybiz figures repainted to look like DC figures.

I'm not sure why they didn't just scale down the DCUC figures like they did with the new Dark Knight figures, that works great.

I think the folks who claim to like these are: easily pleased, fooling themselves because the figures are DC characters or drunk.

VC9k

If you are joking, then ha ha we get it. If not, you are free to frequent any other thread at AFI. Thanks for the jerky, yet informative post. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:30 pm 
Infinite Hero

vancleef9000 wrote:
I think the folks who claim to like these are: easily pleased, fooling themselves because the figures are DC characters or drunk.

Or consider a third option.

Some people have different taste than you.

Not better.

Not worse.

Just different.

I like these figures. Genuinely. Yes, I am a big DC fan. Yes, I am a big 3-3/4" fan. But, yes, I like these figures. I like that they look like toys and not hyper-sculpted, uber-articulated collectibles.

So, if it makes you feel better to consider me easily pleased, so be it.

But, I can assure you I am not drunk.

Jeff

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:43 pm 
Damage Control

Jeff Cope wrote:
vancleef9000 wrote:

Or consider a third option.

Some people have different taste than you.

Not better.

Not worse.

Just different.

I like these figures. Genuinely. Yes, I am a big DC fan. Yes, I am a big 3-3/4" fan. But, yes, I like these figures. I like that they look like toys and not hyper-sculpted, uber-articulated collectibles.

So, if it makes you feel better to consider me easily pleased, so be it.

Jeff

Well said Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:55 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Jeff Cope wrote:

I am! It's fun!

DCIH FTW! ;)

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:15 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

I thought my snarkiness was evidence enough that I'm just yanking some chains. The jokes no fun if I have to put a smiley face beside it.

:D

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:28 pm 
Damage Control

No worries.....I'm just getting a little pissy about people coming in and slamming this line for no other purpose other than to complain. I shouldn't have directed my frustration at you, but it seems 75% of this thread is complaining. It wouldn't be cool if I just popped into the DCUC threads just to say how much it sucks and I hate it. It does seem though that with a few exceptions, Jeff and I are the only people going to buy this line:) Maybe we'll be able to find some.

Oh and I will say that the Qwardian isn't my favorite of the group..... is it me or does he look like Sloth from Goonies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:06 pm 
shirtless hugger

Veil1 wrote:
No worries.....I'm just getting a little pissy about people coming in and slamming this line for no other purpose other than to complain. I shouldn't have directed my frustration at you, but it seems 75% of this thread is complaining. It wouldn't be cool if I just popped into the DCUC threads just to say how much it sucks and I hate it.

How DARE you?! Never besmirch the glory that is DCUC. Play with your horrible DCIH line of Happy Meal toys if you like, but NEVER insult DCUC!!! :wink:

Seriously, I don't get the hate for this line. I'm definitely getting all Flash-realted characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:10 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Not complaining, as I'm happy to see a variety of DC characters made into action figures. But I won't be purchasing these figures because I don't think they are nicely designed/created. They're a bit too goofy to me, and there forearms and hands are overly large (in particular).

And I guess we've been a bit spoiled with Hasbro's Star Wars and new G.I.Joe 3 3/4" line, as they're very nicely made figures these days. Maybe it's just a case of growing-pains on these Infinity figures, though. Hasbro churned out the 'Joe vs Cobra, VvV sculpts for a few years, and finally hit it right with the 25A figures.

And I'm disappointed a little, too. As I really wanted to like this line more.

-Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:29 pm 
Unbreakable

Aww Jeff why did you have to show me they were including Hal? For some reason I thought Guy Gardner was going to be the GL for this line. But seriously how did I miss the pics of Hal, Ollie and Dinah?! Now I'm even more inerested in this line.

Might I add I like the "retro" articluation on these figures. Reminds me of the good ole days when your action figure didn't have a 20% chance of being defective right out of the package.

So I guess I'm getting closer. I still want to see what thy have cooked up at SDCC. When is this line due on the shelves?

Now I just looked through those fwoosh pictures more. I hadn't realized they already had shown a Batman, Powergirl, Jay Garrick Flash and Hawkman. Thanks for that link Jeff! Are you secretly working for Mattel to convert people over to the Infinite heroes line?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:00 pm 
Damage Control

I really like how they are trying to make a bunch of different and obscure characters but the sculpt/articulation is really iffy for me.

The 3" Hellboy and the GI Joes are really making these look bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:46 pm 
serves the Otter

I think pricepoint will be an issue with me. Any word on the cost?

I'm down for them if they're not super expensive.

These definitely look a bit more like kids toys then collectors toys, which again has me raise the question why can't JLU which is supposed to be a collector line more or less get these. I think kids are gonna be leaving these dudes on the racks.

Mattel DESPERATELY needs to have bios on these guys too. Cardbacks telling us who the characters are and what they're about is VERY important IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:10 pm 
Damage Control

stcardinal wrote:
I really like how they are trying to make a bunch of different and obscure characters but the sculpt/articulation is really iffy for me.

The 3" Hellboy and the GI Joes are really making these look bad.

Well, I think it is a matter of style more than anything else.... oh and the fact that they are doing 52 or more characters this year alone. The hellboy's will probably only last 2 waves, and within half a year DCIH will eclipse GI Joe for sheer number of characters created (I think that is one large reason for the simple designs, easier to turn out the maximum amount of characters, quickly) . I'm not getting down on the Joes, I have a few myself. But man they are a bunch of repaints And they re-use the same bodies almost as much as Infinite heroes. Mattel could have done these with Joe details, but it doesn't make sense for the spandex crowd. They took a gamble on a style that is a little simple. I look at the superhero showdown figures and think they are way too detailed for what was needed for those figures (way over textured and over muscled). If the Super Powers figures debuted tomorrow, I'd still buy every one. Even though the designs are simple. I personally don't think simple designs = Crappy sculpts. Just different.

Oh, Maniac Joker, I think these are supposed to retail for $5.99 for singles, and 15.99 for 3 packs. No idea for the multi packs coming this fall at TRU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:23 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

I'm very much looking foward to this line. I can't wait for it to hit retail.

I'd love to see some vehicles and playsets, as well.

Mike
(Now, if only Hasbro would start up a Marvel 3 3/4" line.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:09 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

SDcomics wrote:
(Now, if only Hasbro would start up the Marvel 3 3/4" line.)

...to be shown at SDCC, Mike. I believe they announced the first two waves already. Only 6 characters in each wave, tho.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:20 am 
Infinite Hero

marillion wrote:
...to be shown at SDCC, Mike. I believe they announced the first two waves already. Only 6 characters in each wave, tho.

Supposedly.

"They" (meaning, Hasbro, I assume) has never announced anything nor confirmed this line exists or is happening.

It was rumored to show up at Toy Fair.

Nothing.

It was rumored it would show up at NYCC.

Nothing.

I'm hoping we see something at SDCC.

Jeff

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 387  Next