Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 357, 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363 ... 387  Next
 Post subject: Re: The DC Universe Infinite Heroes Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:24 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

funtime3 wrote:
That Captain Atom is pretty good custom fodder as well. I bought an extra. It's so great to find DCIH at retail. Now if only they made that White Captain Marvel on the back of the card. :(

I just bought the DCUC wave 17 Anti-Monitor. I'm going to take pictures of him with my DCIH soon. I'm customizing some new Sinestro Corp guys as well. I bought an Action League Low and I want to see if I can get his head on a DCIH body.

Man, I miss DCIH. Young Justice are pretty decent I guess, but they're not really my thing. With the Classics waves ending, and JLU ending, I really hope Mattel puts their attention to making great DC 3.75 inch figures in the next couple years.

I looked into that but because thse are one piece figures I put it on hold. I do like Low, Saint Walker, and Tomar Re for the heads, but if you don't want to just cut them off and drill a hole for the post, you could make a mold and cast one in resin. Then you could do multiples, especially of Tomar to do Romat Ru as well.

CCC.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:29 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Finally picked up 75th Black Canary and Deathstroke with scales for $1.75 each today. Couldn't stop myself.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:37 am 

The only figures I believe I still need are Ravager and Dr. Light.

CCC.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:28 pm 
Brand Manager

Dr Light is of of the coolest IH ever! And to those who don't like this line, I can say that Dr Light is way better than most MU figures.

I really miss this line... :|

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:57 pm 

I miss this line, too, but I felt I must direct your attention to a great auction (note sarcasm). You'll all be falling all over yourselves to get the rare Gordon/SWAT three-pack, which are only ONE PER CASE!

GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!! OMGBBQ!!!!!!!!!111!!!!1

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-Universe-Infinit ... 439bf07674

Sigh.

PS - For anyone new to the board or new to DCIH, this is not a good deal. Just... so you know.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:00 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I wonder how many cases my local Kmart must have gotten in then? They have about 6 dozen Gordon/SWAT packs on the clearance table for about $4 each ....

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:34 am 
Collector Inspector

My Kmart had 10 Gordon/Swat packs but somebody must have gotten to them all before I could when they hit $4. I was waiting all year for that $4 price!!! Seriously , when Mattel first launched DCIH they must have really overproduced that first wave of singles and packs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:46 am 

It wasn't just over production of singles, it was double- and triple-dipping of figures very, very early. Within the first six months of DCIH, Guy Gardner was repackaged twice! Once in a two pack, once in the GL 6-pack. Those Gotham SWAT guys were reused as singles, as doubles in the Gordon 3-pack, and in the Gotham 6-pack.

The really frustrating thing for me was that some of those molds could EASILY have been repurposed if Mattel didn't want to blow tooling dollars early on. Put Guy (GL) out a single. Okay, fine. Most people don't want a B-lister that early (I did, as I am a Guy fan of old), but okay. Then put the Warrior Guy in the GL six-pack. There's no way the Doomsday 6-pack was planned at that point. Same with Zoom--all they would have had to do was repaint his eyes Zolomon-style for the two-pack, and VOILA, you've got a variant collectors will go for. And Wally's had three or four different styles of costume. Do one with gold instead of yellow, do the silver-Walter costume, do one with white eyes and shiny red, etc.

These kinds of things are at the level of "running change" in terms of difficulty to implement, and they would have helped sell the line. Instead, I remember seeing Flash, Zoom, Guy, Black Hand, and Ryan Choi everywhere I went for a YEAR. It was horrible.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:47 pm 

Quote:
DCCollectors - Any new plans for a 3 3/4" line of DC figures (other than the Green Lantern movie line)

Matty - It is something we are always looking into but nothing to announce right now.

CCC.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:57 pm 

CCC.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:21 am 
5th Horseman

Magog wrote:
Dr Light is of of the coolest IH ever! And to those who don't like this line, I can say that Dr Light is way better than most MU figures.

And I can honestly say your crazy, lol.

I love DC Characters one of My fav characters is from DC hint I have his screen name, these figures were an abomination to DC, these figures could have been oh so much better, they could have been better than Hasbro with the 4H working on them in 4" scale, but no Mattel screwed the pony on this one.

And Hasbro has the supreme characters and they are getting better, even MU when it first came out was better than the DCIH last figures that came out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:32 am 
Displays Backwards

GreenArrow wrote:
Magog wrote:

And I can honestly say your crazy, lol.

I love DC Characters one of My fav characters is from DC hint I have his screen name, these figures were an abomination to DC, these figures could have been oh so much better, they could have been better than Hasbro with the 4H working on them in 4" scale, but no Mattel screwed the pony on this one.

I think you are completely wrong about these toys being an abomination. I think they are definitely better than both JLU and YJ, but this line was rejected by angry JLU figs who didn't want to collect another line, and it was bungled by Mattel's crummy case packing and distribution (surprise surprise).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:49 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Okay, I'll agree with that DCIH were better than JLU.

Of course, that says a lot more about how bad JLU is rather than singing the praises of DCIH.

I wanted to like DCIH, but once I saw that the females had no elbows, that was it for me. They did get better towards the end, though. If the first few waves looked like the last few figures, I would have been in. But too little, too late. :?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:07 pm 
Collector Inspector

Ok, first a little picture parade:

My new Anti-Monitor next to his little friends:

My new Anti-Monitor next to my expanding Sinestro corp with brand new Karu-Sil and Superboy Prime custom (see more pictures of them in my custom thread!):

My new Anti-Monitor vs. everybody (Yes, the awe-inspiring power of Anti-Monitor is diminished by the little baby sheep on the right side) :

My new Ant-Monitor vs. The Monitor and friends:

My New Anti-Monitor with baby Anti-Monitor:

Okay, now back to the topic: At this point, anyone that says DCIH are total cr*p are not being totally intellectually fair. The last few waves of figures and packs were pretty darn nice. They started off terrible but they improved and there's little credit given for that. Marvel Universe, for all it's gushing love and affection, started off with some cruddy figures in my opinion, but they've really been getting better and better.

I love DCIH 4 ever and ever and no one can take that away from me. :mrgreen: There was so much lost potential at the end of the line. I want more!

Last edited by funtime3 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:13 pm 
Cold-cast

Shellhead wrote:
Okay, I'll agree with that DCIH were better than JLU.

Of course, that says a lot more about how bad JLU is rather than singing the praises of DCIH.

I wanted to like DCIH, but once I saw that the females had no elbows, that was it for me. They did get better towards the end, though. If the first few waves looked like the last few figures, I would have been in. But too little, too late. :?

I think it was much better than JLU too. I wish the line had the sheer amount of characters JLU had though.

And I think I'm the exact opposite on the women. I'll take an early Wonder Woman over say Ravager any day. I really don't much like the "broken wrist" look on them. And both sexes seemed to get MUCH more fragile. Especially knee joints. But I think their biggest problems were some insane character choices (the Question? Really? ), double or triple dipping, and lack of playsets/vehicles. Of course if there were distribution problems, I can see that being big too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 357, 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363 ... 387  Next