Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364 ... 387  Next
 Post subject: Re: The DC Universe Infinite Heroes Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:00 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Crap in a ******* hat...i didn't know or recall that a v3 body flash was made.

Damn it...... now i have to find one.

I swear ..not to beat a dead horse but had Infinite Heroes started of this way (or with H - Hinge / Swivel hips) ....

pud333 wrote:
So I picked this guy up off Ebay the other day. Don't know if anyone posted one of these (too lazy to go back and look on the thread).

Not sure, but he looks like the one from the SDCC 2010 set. Same articulation and body type as the V3 bodies. Though the balljoint for his head is better than the others, allowing for a whole range of movement.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:38 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Titan Speck wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
Okay, I'll agree with that DCIH were better than JLU.

Of course, that says a lot more about how bad JLU is rather than singing the praises of DCIH.

I wanted to like DCIH, but once I saw that the females had no elbows, that was it for me. They did get better towards the end, though. If the first few waves looked like the last few figures, I would have been in. But too little, too late. :?

I think it was much better than JLU too. I wish the line had the sheer amount of characters JLU had though.

And I think I'm the exact opposite on the women. I'll take an early Wonder Woman over say Ravager any day. I really don't much like the "broken wrist" look on them. And both sexes seemed to get MUCH more fragile. Especially knee joints. But I think their biggest problems were some insane character choices (the Question? Really? ), double or triple dipping, and lack of playsets/vehicles. Of course if there were distribution problems, I can see that being big too.

This has been my point. This scale is meant to have vehicles and playsets. Yes MU is a higher quality figure, but these were/are a major improvement over the last DC figures we got in this scale, and had Mattel been intelligent enough to follow through with the accessories, I would have no complaint at all with these. I will accept a certain amount of compromise to get the accessories, but Mattell did not hold up it's end of the deal. I just do not understand when someone bashes my criticizim of Mattel because I am going easy on them.

We could have gotten this:

CCC.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:59 am 
Aspires to be #1

Great pictures funtime. That's the only good thing I saw about DCIH is that they could mix and match with the DCUC cnc figs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:10 pm 
Cold-cast

LordMudd wrote:
This has been my point. This scale is meant to have vehicles and playsets. Yes MU is a higher quality figure, but these were/are a major improvement over the last DC figures we got in this scale, and had Mattel been intelligent enough to follow through with the accessories, I would have no complaint at all with these. I will accept a certain amount of compromise to get the accessories, but Mattell did not hold up it's end of the deal. I just do not understand when someone bashes my criticizim of Mattel because I am going easy on them.

CCC.

I have about half of those bent kneed figures around here. :D

They really should have been cranking out playsets and vehicles. Even accessory packs would have been great. But there is no excuse for having the line in that scale and not having a batcave/fortress of solitude/watchtower or something. I mean look at the Thundercats.

Although Hasbro is really missing the boat there too. Why not repurpose sets from something else and give us an X Mansion/ Avengers HQ or a Baxter Building playset or even smaller things like the Fantasticar or something? They could even have two really big ones with Dooms castle and Asgard. :D

Anyway, I'm just hoping Mattel revisits this scale soon. It's got way too much potential to just let it go. I almost have all of this line and want more. :twisted: If I can just find a freaking Orange shirt/yellow tie Question, Dr. Light, Trickster, and Heatwave.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:43 pm 

Titan Speck wrote:
LordMudd wrote:

CCC.

I have about half of those bent kneed figures around here. :D

They really should have been cranking out playsets and vehicles. Even accessory packs would have been great. But there is no excuse for having the line in that scale and not having a batcave/fortress of solitude/watchtower or something. I mean look at the Thundercats.

Although Hasbro is really missing the boat there too. Why not repurpose sets from something else and give us an X Mansion/ Avengers HQ or a Baxter Building playset or even smaller things like the Fantasticar or something? They could even have two really big ones with Dooms castle and Asgard. :D

Anyway, I'm just hoping Mattel revisits this scale soon. It's got way too much potential to just let it go. I almost have all of this line and want more. :twisted: If I can just find a freaking Orange shirt/yellow tie Question, Dr. Light, Trickster, and Heatwave.

I have said this before. Check the Playset thread. Fisher Price has some great doll houses that would make great Wayne Manor or JSA Townhouse playsets with a simple paint job, and FP and Mattel are parts of the same company. Cheap AND easy.

CCC.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:32 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Man, did I love those Mego figures. Thanks for the pics.

And I have to agree on the playset thing: While Mattel missed a GOLDEN opportunity with DCIH (in more ways than one), there are a great many playsets that can be repurposed for the 4" scale. My kids LOVE my Tower of Doom, Hall of Justice, and other Super Powers vehicles, not to mention all of the other toylines (like Imaginext) that work quite well for this scale in many cases.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:06 am 

I just had an idea. Note the Penguin figure above, with the top hat. If you had access and the means, you could mold this and use it to make top hats for custom figures in this scale of characters like Zatara, Zatanna, etc...

I may do this when I can finally get some more latex mold builder.

CCC.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:00 pm 
Cold-cast

LordMudd wrote:
I just had an idea. Note the Penguin figure above, with the top hat. If you had access and the means, you could mold this and use it to make top hats for custom figures in this scale of characters like Zatara, Zatanna, etc...

I may do this when I can finally get some more latex mold builder.

CCC.

That is a really good idea. If for some reason that wouldn't work, how about even an imaginext penguin? His is a bit smaller, but might work for Zatanna if nothing else. If you do decide to go ahead and need the imaginext pengs, you can have my spare one for the job. :) He even has the tails on his tux jacket if that could be cast somehow. I would love to have a Zatara and Zatanna. But who would be a good base for her?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:53 pm 

Black Canary. Remove the jacket from the body and swap the arms. Use black vinyl for the tails.

CCC.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:58 am 

Finally bought that last DCIH figure at my TRU today. Guy/Black Hand. Plan to use Hand to make a Gray Ghost.

CCC.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:46 pm 
Cold-cast

My local Kmart still has a TON of the Gordon/swat 3 packs at the low low price of only 17.95 each. :roll:

As for that custom Zatanna, how does one get the arms off? I'm managing, well learning really, with paint jobs, but haven't managed to get one apart yet. I'm nearing an attempt at a Mr. Freeze, but it'll mostly just be a repaint as well with the dome added.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:51 pm 

Titan Speck wrote:
My local Kmart still has a TON of the Gordon/swat 3 packs at the low low price of only 17.95 each. :roll:

As for that custom Zatanna, how does one get the arms off? I'm managing, well learning really, with paint jobs, but haven't managed to get one apart yet. I'm nearing an attempt at a Mr. Freeze, but it'll mostly just be a repaint as well with the dome added.

Put a cup of water in the microwave and nuke for about 2-3 minutes. Take it out and drop the figure, head first in this case, in the hot water for over a minute. Take it out and pop the arms out. Known as the boil and pop method.

CCC.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:16 pm 
Cold-cast

Oh okay. To soften the plastic up first huh? Most of my past customizing has been limited to GI Joes due to the easy access of the screw on their backs. If I can manage it easy enough, that Freeze may end up being a bit more involved than a simple repaint like I planned. :) Has anyone else done one? I've found that with a little trimming, I think that an Imaginext freeze dome will work out. The shoulder pads are providing the most trouble. But I think I can manage it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:34 pm 

Which figure are you using for your base? I have the imaginext dome too. My plan is to use a Luthor body sanded smooth. I want to add the arms and legs from a Lexcorp Trooper. The shoulderpads are a problem here too.

CCC.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:19 am 
Cold-cast

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. But if the boil and pop thing is as easy as it sounds, I am considering perhaps using an Arsenal body. The shoulder pads seem to be less of a problem on him. But I think the thickness of Luthor and his little "Iron Man" chest piece suit Freeze better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364 ... 387  Next