Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387  Next
 Post subject: Re: The DC Universe Infinite Heroes Thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:23 am 
Aspires to be #1

Haha deal.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:48 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Hmmmmm.....Royal Flush Gang.

You lose. :mrgreen:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:28 pm 
Cold-cast

What kills me are the people who DEMAND more articulation on their figures and, yet...leave them in the packages?

Like...why broogle about it, then?

Meh...what do I know? Once JLU was over, I was done with toy collecting. Just too damned expensive anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:23 pm 

I agree. If you just want something that looks good IN the package, articulation should never matter to you. To me it is a balancing act. Different figures require different articulation, for example-take this Batman Arkham Mr. Freeze figure. First of this character in this scale (cool). He is wearing armor, so obviously he doesn't need the same degree of articulation that Spiderman would, but like me, if you like posing and photographing your figures, there has to be the right amount of articulation.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:58 am 
MINT!

Would any customizer want a broken DCIH Major Force? His left arm snapped at the elbow. I'm not sure if I kept the forearm. I still have the hand somewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:53 pm 
Collector Inspector

I do love a good crossover.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:24 pm 
Collector Inspector

And while these two do not feature a Mattel product, I really do think this old Toy Biz Galactus makes for a good DCIH or JLU crossover villain. I just haven't set those dioramas yet.

How do you make THIS crossover even better?

BOOM!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:43 pm 
Displays Backwards

Goldbug wrote:
Would any customizer want a broken DCIH Major Force? His left arm snapped at the elbow. I'm not sure if I kept the forearm. I still have the hand somewhere.

I think there was no figure from DCIH that broke more than that dude. I think it wasn't until my third figure I bought loose off Ebay (I had returned the first two and the six pack to the stores) that I finally got one that didn't break right away.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:51 pm 

Started this guy so long ago I can't remember and just stopped. Found him a few days ago and decided to finish him.

Lazon-from the Legion of Supervillains/League of Super Assassins.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:28 am 
Collector Inspector

You know I love my Infinite Heroes. This thread right here is what brought me to this site in the first place. But, I'm thinking of getting rid of them. Well, Maybe I'll just keep 50 of my favorite figures and dump the rest. The honest, sad, truth is I have SO MUCH stuff, and SO little space, that my Infinite Heroes have been sitting in cardboard box in my basement for... ohh...2 or 3 years now. Why keep something if they just sit in a box for years? We take them out for play maybe 2 times a year but that's it. I went a little crazy with collecting for awhile and something's got to give.

As I get older, my toy collection needs to be more about quality and less about quantity and Infinite Heroes was most definitely about quantity! Having a huge DCUC collection and a huge DCIH collection (plus DC Directs) seems a little redundant and even excessive at times. Plus, it might be fun to do a culling so that once again I can experience the excitement of finding Infinite Heroes in dollar bins across the nation. I hate to do what my mom did to me 25 years ago--get rid of my action figures--But if I have 50, instead of 150, I might enjoy them more.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:08 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

funtime3 wrote:
You know I love my Infinite Heroes. This thread right here is what brought me to this site in the first place. But, I'm thinking of getting rid of them. Well, Maybe I'll just keep 50 of my favorite figures and dump the rest. The honest, sad, truth is I have SO MUCH stuff, and SO little space, that my Infinite Heroes have been sitting in cardboard box in my basement for... ohh...2 or 3 years now. Why keep something if they just sit in a box for years? We take them out for play maybe 2 times a year but that's it. I went a little crazy with collecting for awhile and something's got to give.

As I get older, my toy collection needs to be more about quality and less about quantity and Infinite Heroes was most definitely about quantity! Having a huge DCUC collection and a huge DCIH collection (plus DC Directs) seems a little redundant and even excessive at times. Plus, it might be fun to do a culling so that once again I can experience the excitement of finding Infinite Heroes in dollar bins across the nation. I hate to do what my mom did to me 25 years ago--get rid of my action figures--But if I have 50, instead of 150, I might enjoy them more.

Well if you have the Heatwave or Trickster I will glady help you thin out your collection.. I think I need an Earth 2-Robin as well..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:09 am 

tuning4k wrote:
And while these two do not feature a Mattel product, I really do think this old Toy Biz Galactus makes for a good DCIH or JLU crossover villain. I just haven't set those dioramas yet.

How do you make THIS crossover even better?

BOOM!

I still think the people who make the big rubber bouncy balls in the pvc pipe tower at walmart should have done a Mogo ball.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:16 am 
Collector Inspector

LordMudd wrote:
still think the people who make the big rubber bouncy balls in the pvc pipe tower at walmart should have done a Mogo ball.

CCC.

Right? Seems like a no-brainer.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:39 pm 
MINT!

I feel like DCIH could have been successful on its own if it didn't come out right around the same time as Marvel Universe. People seem to buy the Dark Knight Rises figures in this scale and I don't think they have much more articulation than DCIH did. But for a couple dollars more if I can get a better sculpted and better articulated figure then I'm just going to pay the extra and get an MU fig.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:14 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I know in my case, it was the subpar articulation compared to MU that kept me from buying any (although the final wave with Deathstroke looked pretty good).

Well, that and the fact they never did release a proper Aquaman (and no, yellow gloves SDCC exclusive doesn't count).

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387  Next