Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 387  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:26 pm 
Infinite Hero

Arrakhat wrote:
So who's excited about the new images?

ME!

(but that really should come as no surprise to anyone at this point!)

I am so stoked for this line. Every peek or bit of news is like a sweet morsel.

August cannot come quick enough.

Jeff

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:38 pm 
Damage Control

They seem to look better. Although they still scream 1990s to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:43 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

They definitely look cool, if I had a bigger budget I'd get into this line. :P

But I noticed they mentioned Atom, he's not really small enough in size for DCUC, but if I like the way it looks I might pick one up. Maybe it could be an 'inbetween' stage as he's shrinking. :lol: Oh, and I'll pick up J'onn soon as they make him. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:51 pm 
Damage Control

The only one I'm not happy with is the GCPD swat member. I think the others look great. I really like Hush and how Capt Boomerang came out. (although, I'd have preferred his Dad) Although I'm not going to take the plunge on this line until I see them first hand, I'm pretty sure they have me hooked. (I really can't wait for the Black Adam figure, and hoping for some Sinestro Corps members. Oh,, and deadshot and Deathstroke:) I'm a sucker for the bad guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:09 pm 
Resin

These figures are just a real let down for me. They seem like a jump back in time. The only thing that could even possibly help to sell this line to me is how they scale and blend with ML Showdown and the 25th Joes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:40 pm 
5" Scale

I won't be a completist but I'm on board with this line. I definitely want the Flash 3 pack, Guy, Captain Marvel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:53 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

These all look like really, REALLY bad customs that were done back in 1989 using bootleg import figures for the fodder. I mean where's the articulation? Where are the decent paint apps? Where's the QA?!?

Mattel can't use the scale of these figures as an excuse either. Hell look at the AWESOME job that Hasbro is doing on both the 25th anniversary Joes & the recent Star Wars figures! Delivering quality paint apps & sculpts along with true articulation are all achievable based on what Hasbro is doing*. *Please ignore the sloppy google-eyed Indiana Jones figures as Hasbro has admitted to using a different factory for that line & are addressing the QA issues that we've all heard about & reported.

Mattel hit a grand slam with the DCUC figures & there is no reason in the world that they can't do the same for this line.

What really ticks me off is that they're doing versions of the Flash Rogues that I have been begging for in every poll that is put out there. Once again as a Flash fan I feel like I got B**** slapped by my pimp for not bringing home enough cash...

Anubis8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:59 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I dont understand, why is Gordon and Hush using the sculpt from the DC Direct HUSH figures... Can mattel do that??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:16 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

I'm torn, somewhere between loving these and wanting to love them just because they're DC. I know my son is excited for them, and I'm sure I'll pick up a few.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:32 pm 
Damage Control

Anubis8 wrote:
These all look like really, REALLY bad customs that were done back in 1989 using bootleg import figures for the fodder. I mean where's the articulation? Where are the decent paint apps? Where's the QA?!?

Mattel can't use the scale of these figures as an excuse either. Hell look at the AWESOME job that Hasbro is doing on both the 25th anniversary Joes & the recent Star Wars figures! Delivering quality paint apps & sculpts along with true articulation are all achievable based on what Hasbro is doing*. *Please ignore the sloppy google-eyed Indiana Jones figures as Hasbro has admitted to using a different factory for that line & are addressing the QA issues that we've all heard about & reported.

Mattel hit a grand slam with the DCUC figures & there is no reason in the world that they can't do the same for this line.

What really ticks me off is that they're doing versions of the Flash Rogues that I have been begging for in every poll that is put out there. Once again as a Flash fan I feel like I got B**** slapped by my pimp for not bringing home enough cash...

Anubis8

Well, I won't quibble over sculpt as that is matter of taste.. but these are clearly prototypes. So your paint apps critique shouldn't apply. Notice the big areas of primer? Seriously, not finished products. Personally, I like the sculpts. They are simple. It's a lot easier to put detail into a figure that has tons of pouches and wrinkles in baggier clothing. We're talking about spandex here. I think the sculpts are a matter of taste. I'm actually happy there are really polarized reactions to this line.....maybe I will be able to find all the ones I want:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:37 pm 
Damage Control

ice_018 wrote:
I dont understand, why is Gordon and Hush using the sculpt from the DC Direct HUSH figures... Can mattel do that??

Neither are even close to the DC direct versions. I'm looking at Hush right now... can't really see how you can compare the 2 figures. The larger figure has way way more detail. Not meaning to offend, I just see nothing similar except character design.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:05 pm 
Unbreakable

Does anyone besides me think they have too many B,C and D-listers to start off with? I'll wait to pass judgement until we see more stuff at SDCC but so far I'm not that excited for this line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 pm 
Resin

Too bad these aren't just scaled down versions of 4H sculpts. That I would buy in a heartbeat. They do gorgeous work. I have a difficult time not blowing the $30 per figure on those TRU 2-ups!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:34 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I feel a desire to love them because they're DC and the character range is so huge, but (when I'm honest with myself) the pics we've seen so far disappoint me compared to what my expectations were when the line was announced. I only have one of the 25th Joes (Snake Eyes), but I looked at him and thought of the DCU with that kind of articulation at that size, and all of the accessories (and I think the singles for the Joes were $5 or $6), so I was excited....fast forward to the prototypes and it just feels like a let down. I'll probably still end up buying them to try to force myself to like them....

They kinda look like larger versions of the Imaginext (sp?) figures with a little more articulation...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:38 pm 
Collector Inspector

Definately getting all the Bat related characters. Really looking forward to Hush, Batwoman, and Gordon. Hopefully more Bat-villains get announced. Would really love a Deadshot, Black Mask, and any other batvillain.
Also gonna get Adam Strange and The Question.
Might also get some of the JLU related characters like Captain Boomerang and Mirror Master. Still on the fence though about them.

What I really want to know are what are the TRU exclusives that are coming out. Whos in the multipacks and the versus 2packs.
DrGreenEvil

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 387  Next