Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:15 pm 
Factory Worker

Thanks for the updated picture. i now know what to expect.

As for the legislation issue, i was not referring to just action figures. i was referring to all online stores/ecommerce and mail catalaogs being held accountable for matching the correct picture and description to the item and make it prosecutable under the bait and switch law. So if they don't have the exact photo or description , they should not add a false one. This would be a plus for consumer rights in this ever growing digital age.

Lots of companies are trying to side step bait and switch law by doing this switcheroo to get people to buy the product. They know that most people just look at the images and make purchases, they don't have time and they trust images.

Take this Kmart issue, i bought because i thought i am getting all three MM figures now including the scarecrow for $10.78 shipped. With Gas being so high and scalpers cleaning out stores, i went for it. if i had known that this was the basic figures, even if they had said in the product description and left the picture as is i would not have bought it and they know this through their marketing data.

I think this is an important and needed consumer protection law, in fact we should all be writing our congress person. Don't you think not being conned is an important issue?

Companies that do this are not willing to take accountability for their actions, so someone has to make them. They know that there is nothing you and i can do about it (unless you are a lawyer), even if they can be prosecuted. The cost is prohibitive, so you just have to suck up the loss. This is absolutely wrong and this is exactly why we need a law to protect us and an agency we can go to to report such violations. This is why we have Equal housing and lending laws. This is what government is for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:21 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

No problem and here's a pic of the back of box -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:51 pm 
Santos L. Halper

toylad-I definatly understand why you are frustrated, but I have to say that I truly don't believe that kmart intentionally used a "bait and switch" tactic to get your money...more than likely, it was simply a mistake. Because we are hardcore fans of these types of toys we may sometimes feel that everyone else should know as much as we do...and its simply not the case. Stores like kmart, walmart and target have tens of thousands of products on their shelves and I hardly think that some mastermind in their home office is plotting to get your money by tricking you into buying the wrong action figure....sometimes a mistake is just a mistake.

And realistically, all those stores have return policies...trust me....kmart is going to give you the money back for the figures...you are not going to have to eat the cost of those toys....getting your money back for shipping may be trickier.

I Just want you to know I am not trying to sound harsh, because I have heard of people on ebay who have used a bait and switch tactic to screw people over so I'm notdenying that this occurs...and it sucks that kmart posted the wrong pics...but I just think you are maybe reading into this whole situation just a little bit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:17 am 
my tummy itches

hutchprime wrote:
When is the TRU one released?

Julyish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:06 am 
Cold-cast

looks like the ebay guy wanted the correct colored joker and batman, and swapped in the varients for a quick buck on ebay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:25 am 
Prototype

jonartdesigns wrote:
looks like the ebay guy wanted the correct colored joker and batman, and swapped in the varients for a quick buck on ebay

Oh, that makes me so mad! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:36 am 
Factory Worker

I got my package and it is the basic line same as the TRU exclusive minus the BB batman. The box arrived all crushed including the packaging for the figures. Kmart issued a UPS tag and hopefully i will get a shipping refund i will not know for another 2 weeks. Hopefully Mattel will put out enough scarecrows MM so we don't have a repeat of the joker figure or dive head first into situations like this. Honestly, i'm once again starting not to care anymore but getting the next waves of JLU in my hands without a struggle could change that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:16 pm 
Cold-cast

i saw these in kmart in philly, I take back my earlier ebay accusation, whereas every set they had featured a green joker and a grey batman. I found it a little ironic that buying the 3 figures separately in that particular store (the set was tagged 29.99) worked out cheaper and you got the (rediculous) accessories.