Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:03 am 
Former King of Posts

zaxilla2 wrote:
Where's wave 2?

At the Supermarket. Superman Blue and Harley were there on the pegs of Stop & Shop last night when I returned my DVD to the RedBox. Watch a recent movie for $1? Crazy good deal. (National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:59 am 
Bob Vila

superfriend wrote:
zaxilla2 wrote:
Where's wave 2?

At the Supermarket. Superman Blue and Harley were there on the pegs of Stop & Shop last night when I returned my DVD to the RedBox. Watch a recent movie for $1? Crazy good deal. (National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets.)

Seconded, although I haven't seen the two I still need (Aquaman and Harley), but S&S seems like the best place right now to find Wave 2 in New England.

No comment about National Trasure 2! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:13 pm 
Resin

You can also find DCUC at Newbury Comics if you're willing to pay a couple bucks more per figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:35 pm 
serves the Otter

I got all mine at Target a few weeks back...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:52 pm 
Prototype

Still looking for wave 2. My Target is restocking wave 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:04 am 
Cold-cast

GoldBlade6 wrote:
You can also find DCUC at Newbury Comics if you're willing to pay a couple bucks more per figure.

In this day and age, online is the only way to go. Yeah, I had to pay 10.00 shipping to get my DCUC 2 case, but that's nothing compared to the 42 bucks it took to fill my tank yesterday. The price of gas kinda takes the thrill out of the old hunt. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:48 am 
Resin

Yeah, but unfortunately, when you order a DCUC case, you will always be missing one figure because of Mattel's variant system. The case I ordered online came with a variant Aquaman (unfortunately, the one I wanted the least), so now I am left hunting for a classic Aquaman!

I wish they released cases more like ML Modok Series variant cases where you get one of each figure, regular and variant. If you got a variant case, you were set. It was great. Mattel's system for variants just isn't satisfying. I don't believe in chase figures. I just think the more variety you can have on the shelves the better off you'll be. If the Wave I variants had come through, I think there would be a lot fewer Wave I figures currently on the pegs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:17 pm 
Cold-cast

GoldBlade6 wrote:
Yeah, but unfortunately, when you order a DCUC case, you will always be missing one figure because of Mattel's variant system. The case I ordered online came with a variant Aquaman (unfortunately, the one I wanted the least), so now I am left hunting for a classic Aquaman!

I hear ya, it's not a perfect solution. But in this day and age of scalpers ripping into cases before they even get put out, uncertain distribution, shoddy restocking practices at certain stores, and the aformentioned gas prices it's just the most economical way to get the figures you want.

I actually long for the days when I could hop in the car and hit three Targets, four Walmarts, and two TRUs across three cities, but hey, welcome to the real world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:26 pm 
Prototype

mako wrote:
GoldBlade6 wrote:

I hear ya, it's not a perfect solution. But in this day and age of scalpers ripping into cases before they even get put out, uncertain distribution, shoddy restocking practices at certain stores, and the aformentioned gas prices it's just the most economical way to get the figures you want.

I actually long for the days when I could hop in the car and hit three Targets, four Walmarts, and two TRUs across three cities, but hey, welcome to the real world.

I have to agree. Being able to find the entire wave of DCUC on the pegs is near impossible. It's fighting a losing battle. I think I'm gonna start pre-ordering all my DC stuff online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:10 pm 
5" Scale

The only reason I'm fortunate in brick-and-mortar is that there's a Target right near my house, across the street from where my wife works, and a K-Mart near my office that I can hit up on my lunch break once a week or so. Those are really the only two places I ever see anything, and it's probably because I'm there 1-2 times a week. But at least they're close by, so I don't have to worry too much about gas expenditure.