Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:52 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Awesome. I love this list.

You should keep track of how many are made that didn't make your initial list so we can reflect on how deep this line goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:01 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

good call, I'll update with those. :wink:

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:09 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

So I'm refining my thinking on these lists a bit...Mattel seems to be paying homage to the Super Powers line to certain extent, so I'm betting we see the 'unmade 4th wave and beyond' characters sooner rather than later.

Creeper
Blue Devil
Atomic Knight
Obsidian
Manhunter
BA Supergirl
Reverse Flash

I bet we will see more than a few of these within the next year...

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:49 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

The Superfly wrote:
So I'm refining my thinking on these lists a bit...Mattel seems to be paying homage to the Super Powers line to certain extent, so I'm betting we see the 'unmade 4th wave and beyond' characters sooner rather than later.

Creeper
Blue Devil
Atomic Knight
Obsidian
Manhunter
BA Supergirl
Reverse Flash

Hmmm... using that logic, then a Zan and Jayna 2-pack wouldn't be out of the question nor would a "Rocketman" (say Steve Trevor in a space suit with an eagle armored Wonder Woman?)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:11 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Knowing that Creeper, Manhunter, and Blue Devil are the first figures released in the new HOTDCU from DCD I doubt we will see them from Mattel in any near future waves. At least we won't see them all in one wave as DCD is doing. We may have all 3 by end of '09 or early '10 I would bet.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:59 am 
Tis' but a pup

The Superfly wrote:

Creeper
Blue Devil
Atomic Knight
Obsidian
Manhunter
BA Supergirl
Reverse Flash

I think Creeper (who keeps getting namedropped in interviews and Q&As) and Reverse Flash are locks, at the very least. I doubt we'll get another Supergirl for a while; I sure wouldn't mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:56 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Snowglare wrote:
The Superfly wrote:

Creeper
Blue Devil
Atomic Knight
Obsidian
Manhunter
BA Supergirl
Reverse Flash

I think Creeper (who keeps getting namedropped in interviews and Q&As) and Reverse Flash are locks, at the very least. I doubt we'll get another Supergirl for a while; I sure wouldn't mind.

I'm betting at NYCC, that two on this list will definitely be announced and a maybe on a third.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:37 pm 
PVC

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Knowing that Creeper, Manhunter, and Blue Devil are the first figures released in the new HOTDCU from DCD I doubt we will see them from Mattel in any near future waves. At least we won't see them all in one wave as DCD is doing. We may have all 3 by end of '09 or early '10 I would bet.

Yeah, but DCD is doing classic Blue Devil. I somehow think modern Blue Devil will come along sooner rather than later in DCUC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:42 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Supposedly, in another forum the 4H leaked that they have some heads sculpted and they are working on a generic thin male body and a generic teenage girl body.

Its logical to assume that the thin male body could be for Plastic Man, Elongated Man, Ragman, or even a new Riddler.

As for the teenage female body, that could be a few Teen Titans like WOnder girl or maybe Spoiler from Batman.

Head sculpts would be easy for some figures. Like Jon Stewart on a GL body. Martian Manhunter on a Black Manta body with new boots and cape.

They do need to get back and redo some figures.

Superman would be so easy now. They have a new body ready and they can just redo the Eradicator's head with regular eyes.

Batman: The Black and grey is the definitive figure. Nothing wrong with him.

Supergirl: Needs a way better head sculpt. The one we got now doesn't look like a teenage girl.

Catwoman: No need to change her, You can even make a purple variant and it would sell.

As for reusing parts certain figures can easily be done.

Poison Ivy: The body is already there. They already even have barefeet from Giganta. All they have to do is just sculpt the leafy dress and your already there. Wonder Woman head with just red hair and a ting of green skin tone would do nicely.

Wildcat: Just a muscular body with a new head sculpt.

Its just a matter of time now. I'm sure we'll get tons of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:07 am 
categorically opposed

bskcase wrote:
Supposedly, in another forum the 4H leaked that they have some heads sculpted and they are working on a generic thin male body and a generic teenage girl body.

Which forum?
bskcase wrote:
Head sculpts would be easy for some figures. Like Jon Stewart on a GL body. Martian Manhunter on a Black Manta body with new boots and cape.

Tell me you're joking about Martian Manhunter on the thin Black Manta body. J'onn should be closer to the size of Darkseid than Black Manta.

bskcase wrote:
Catwoman: No need to change her, You can even make a purple variant and it would sell.

I'd like a Balent-esque version of her.

bskcase wrote:
Poison Ivy: The body is already there. They already even have barefeet from Giganta. All they have to do is just sculpt the leafy dress and your already there. Wonder Woman head with just red hair and a ting of green skin tone would do nicely.

I'm not sure how well the feet would work since they were sculpted for a ten-inch figure; I know they have pantographs, but the articulation may be different. Also, I would completely balk at a repaint of Wonder Woman's head for Poison Ivy. If they're going to go to the trouble of getting rid of the tiara on her head, they may as well sculpt one from scratch. Mattel isn't that cheap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:56 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I would think a generic teenage girl body would be nice for the LSH!!!

Saturn girl, Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel, shrinking violet ... the list just goes on and on ...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:40 am 
Former King of Posts

Using the word "logic" and Mattel in the same title is misleading. :D That said, I think certain logic can be applied at this point.

1. Silver age / Satellite era JLA. They seem to like this group.
2. SuperFriends TV shows / Super Powers toy line. It could be this group instead. There is a lot of overlap across the two groups of heroes.
3. Teen Titans Go TV show. Robin, Deathstroke, Cyborg, Starfire, Kid Flash could suggest influence of that show.
4. Any other grouping just does not have enough inclusion to be suggested as a direction for the line at this point.

Missing Key Characters:
1. Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Zatanna.
2A. TV Heroes: Plastic Man, Green Arrow.
2B. Legion of Doom: Toyman, Cheetah.
2C. Toyline Heroes: Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Plastic Man.
2D. Toyline villains: Desaad, Mantis, Steppenwolf.
3. Beast Boy, Raven, Terra, Aqualad.

Other areas:
Total Justice / JLA from Hasbro:
- Huntress, Green Arrow Conner Hawk, Parallax, Dr Polaris, 90's Aquaman, Impulse, Superboy, Zauriel, Plastic Man.

DC Comics SuperHeroes from ToyBiz:
- Between DCSH and DCUC, this is complete except for Bob the Goon. And the generic Thug from the current Batman movie line could fill this role pretty well.

Superman lines from Hasbro:
- Superboy, Conduit, Massacre.

Justice League / JLUnlimited TV show key players
(more than one key appearance):
- Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern John Stewart, Question, Vixen, Black Canary, Huntress, Vigilante, Stargirl, Stripe.

New Brave and Bold TV show appearances so far:
- Blue Beetle modern, Green Arrow, Fire, Plastic Man.

I see certain names coming up over and over. I think those would be on Anyone's short list.
- Green Arrow
- Martian Manhunter
- Black Canary
- Plastic Man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:04 am 
Killer Mothman

I would bump up Charaxes to will be made, just when?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:21 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

superfriend wrote:
I see certain names coming up over and over. I think those would be on Anyone's short list.
- Green Arrow
- Martian Manhunter
- Black Canary
- Plastic Man

The only way those four aren't made is if the line dies a seriously premature death, and even then I think they could and would sell GA and MM as web exclusives. (of course, that's just my opinion in case someone is about to ask me how I know this)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:41 pm 
Tis' but a pup

bskcase wrote:

That's from Fwoosh's interview of the Four Horsemen at SDCC 2008.

Quote:
Fwoosh: Moving a bit from characters to construction, one topic that comes up a lot for discussion is the base bodies that you guys are using for different characters depending on their build- about how many bases do you have floating around right now that are the spandex-clad bodies?

Chris Dahlberg:
Four of them, I think.

Cornboy: Yeah, right now it's four and not all of them are totally complete yet. Take for instance the teen male body, there are like, four arms and legs. We are kind of building a library as we go along. There are others, like the really thin body, if we are going to do a character like um...

Fwoosh: Sinestro?

Cornboy: Even he has his own right now, the thin evil body. But if we were going to do someone like Creeper or Deadman or someone like that then we are going to have to go really thin. That is another body we are going to have to do. They are usually built when we need them and we have several arms and legs that can go with each one. It is not just one complete body.

Chris Dahlberg: Sometimes we are not really able to get it as close as we want in terms of skinnier bodies. These are costumed superheroes after all so often times people want them to look a little bigger for toy aesthetic- which is fine, it makes sense.

Cornboy: We are getting it pretty close though. On the females we already have two bases, we have the Wonder Woman body which is a little larger and bulkier, but so is Big Barda but she needed to be new. Then we have Harley who is a little bit thinner, but we don't have a teen female yet which we're going to get to, you know?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next