Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: A larger female body for DCUC
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:22 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Okay, I'm not talking about larger like Waller, Granny or Stompa, I'm talking about a taller, heroic female buck for DCUC. xmrc20's thread about the Fourth World characters brought up Barda in her bikini look and that got me to thinking that Mattel could get at least three figures by tooling up a larger female body. Hopefully the upcoming Barda will be a "Big" Barda as someone else wondered, but the body is too detailed with the armor and all for any other use. But a bikini-clad Barda base with a few new pieces here and there could also be used for classic, cavewoman Giganta at normal size and it could also be used for Knockout. There are probably others that I'm blanking on now or that I've never seen/heard of... Anybody else got suggestions for more?...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:09 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I like the way you are thinking here!! (but I can't think of any others from the show off the top of my head)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:04 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

xrmc20 wrote:
I like the way you are thinking here!! (but I can't think of any others from the show off the top of my head)

Actually, I think you're talking about JLU while I'm taking DCUC (but I'd be all for that in the JLU line, too).

With all of the articulation in the DCUC line part re-use is going to be high-up on the list for parts other than heads and costume add-ons. So to that effect a bikini clad Barda could have the chest feet and head swapped out and add a rubber skirt and braclets and anklets and you've got Giganta. Knockout would need a bit more work with a new head, chest, stomache, boots and gloves but the upper arms, thighs and pelvis could be used from Barda.

Thinking like this could also get the cowboy Vigilante turned into Jonah Hex and Ceraphim (sp?) of the Forever People (not that I want them to go that deep into the Fourth World). A smaller suit body would work for Ventriloquist and Hugo Strange. Everybody, feel free to chime in with other ideas for multiple use but somewhat unique bodies...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:05 pm 
active in the community

Lady from Doom Patrol?

C&C would be more appropriate but I'd deal with it to get the bigger sculp out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:08 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I was confused, but I want this in both lines too. I hope the first DCUC Barda is taller than Mr. Miracle. She hasn't really lived up to her name yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:15 am 
buzz word garbage hater

Are you meaning taller than the men or just more muscular? Because PEEGEE should have a more muscular body to be sure.

If they make Grace (Outsiders) I'd think she'd qualify as the 'more muscular' frame as well, imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:30 am 
Loose, Missing Package

hutchprime wrote:
Are you meaning taller than the men or just more muscular? Because PEEGEE should have a more muscular body to be sure.

If they make Grace (Outsiders) I'd think she'd qualify as the 'more muscular' frame as well, imo.

I'm meaning taller as in 6'6" to 7' (in scale, of course), and I'd forgot about Grace, but she'd need new legs 'cause she wears cargo pants, right?

I think PeeGee would qualify for a new sculpt in her own right like Wonder Woman and Barda got. She's popular enough that her DCD figures sell quick and go up in value on the secondary market. I have a feeling DCUC will be getting to her in the next year. Plus she could be done in the classic no-boob-window white costume or the white and gold body suit with a few part swaps from single sculpt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:13 am 
Bob Vila

Sweeney wrote:
Lady from Doom Patrol?

C&C would be more appropriate but I'd deal with it to get the bigger sculp out there.

Elasti-Girl. Although I have "Lady" by Styx (?) in my head now, so thanks for that....

Maxima is another character that would benefit from a larger body, as would Lashina. No one else jumps to mind immediately, but I'm sure there are others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:48 am 
Loose, Missing Package

hellpop wrote:
Sweeney wrote:
Lady from Doom Patrol?

Elasti-Girl. Although I have "Lady" by Styx (?) in my head now, so thanks for that....

Maxima is another character that would benefit from a larger body, as would Lashina. No one else jumps to mind immediately, but I'm sure there are others.

Hmmm,... I always thought of those two as being normal height...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:54 am 
Bob Vila

Remember Suicide Squad? Lashina mascaraed as Duchess for several months and was always shown towering over everyone else. She's at least as tall as Barda and Knockout. Maxima I think is at least as big as Wonder Woman; she's basically a space Amazon, after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:53 am 
Loose, Missing Package

hellpop wrote:
Remember Suicide Squad? Lashina mascaraed as Duchess for several months and was always shown towering over everyone else. She's at least as tall as Barda and Knockout. Maxima I think is at least as big as Wonder Woman; she's basically a space Amazon, after all.

Okay. Not that familiar with Lashina at all, but I did consider Maxima to be Wonder Woman size.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:24 am 
Prototype

I totally agree. Barda should be much taller than the other females.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:02 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

I really like the way the DCUC Big Barda is sculpted thick.

This is my concern. Sure, It'd be nice if she were tall, but much more than that I want her thick.

I really think the DCUC Wonder Woman came out way too skinny. And the worrisome thing is that she got skinnier when she went from prototype to production piece. Why does that always happen?

I kinda don't want Mattel to get it in their head that she has to be tall - that can result in Grundy, Lobo-type hugeness that's way over the top.

But what I really hope to see is the Barda production piece look as much as possible like her prototype, because that thing is perfect. I like thicker girls and Barda really should be, and it seems like toys are always getting made too skinny.

As far as a new, bigger female buck, if one gets made it'd be great to have a bikini Barda, but I'd probably want them to re-do Wonder Woman.