Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:56 pm 
Cold-cast

i just noticed an error on the bio for stargirl. the first sentence is "the niece of s.t.r.i.p.e.". Now unless they are from JLU Alabama I doubt her stepdad is also her uncle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:34 pm 
Factory Worker

Thanks so much, you read our mind. I am absolutely stumped! These normally hit east coast first. Still nothing on my end. Unfortunately when they do hit scalpers will get them first. I hope what they say about karma is true. I'm back to feeling frustrated and disappointed. I have exhausted my self looking for the 6 packs. Now in 2 cities in 2 states and still nothing.

SDcomics wrote:
Okay, I found'em at the Target store in Santee, California. That's about 25 east of downtown San Diego.

Click on the thumbnails for bigger pics!

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

They're 4.99 each. The number they rang up under is 087061140. UPC code is 27084 66775 for Kilowog, 27084 66776 for Stargirl, 27084 66777 for Hawkman, 27084 66779 for Batman and 27084 66782 for Superman.

No sign of any new three packs or DCUC wave 3.

Mike
(Hope this helps!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:02 am 
BANNED

coooooooooooooool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:20 am 
Collector Inspector

I have to say that while I don't think the Superman is awesome I may still get it.

But I am all over that Batman. It's so awesome and it shows that Mattel heard us. Plus the fact its 5 POA going foward =Big Win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:35 am 
Dog Squeezer

I just saw the dregs of the wave yesterday too.

At Target in Culver City, CA, yesterday.

Only ones left were 3 Kilowog and 1 Stargirl.

There is a lot of good stuff in that wave but those 2 are not it.

Straight re-cards, especially of a terrible figure like Kilowog (giant head, undersized body, off scale) are not going to sell that well even in a super scalper heavy area like Los Angeles.

Honestly, the only really nice ones in the bunch are, ironically, Batman and Superman, as they are good repaints that make sense! Hawkman, being so hard to find will probably be a decent seller, despite the dinky mace, lol.

I really hope JLU rises from the ashes with this Target line, but it needs to dump the straight re-cards.

Spy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:18 am 
Tis' but a pup

My folks just picked them up in Las Vegas. They had plenty of the batman and superman. A few stargirls. The bought all the kilowag's (3 of them) so my son could use the lanterns he comes with for his other figures.
They also still had plenty of the 6 packs there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:44 pm 
Prototype

The Batman is the only one I'm really interested in getting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:58 pm 
Bob Vila

Not to be a downer, but I think this is kind of a bad group to start with. No new sculpts at all? Just 3 rereleases and Superman and Batman repaints? Ehhh. At least Supes and Bats are comics accurate versions. I just hope theres enough MOC collectors out there to keep these from pegwarming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:59 pm 
Former King of Posts

toylad wrote:
Thanks so much, you read our mind. I am absolutely stumped! These normally hit east coast first. Still nothing on my end. Unfortunately when they do hit scalpers will get them first. I hope what they say about karma is true. I'm back to feeling frustrated and disappointed. I have exhausted my self looking for the 6 packs. Now in 2 cities in 2 states and still nothing.

I have to disagree on this. When I worked at Hasbro, all our product came in through the port of Seattle, Washington, on the west coast. As far as I know, all product from China, regardless of company still comes in from the West Coast and gradually moves across the country by truck and railroad. In general stuff appears in the East - where I live - as much as a month later than when it is first reported.

Yes, there is the occasional toy that appears on the East Coast first, but they are flukes, not the norm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:00 pm 
Former King of Posts

hellpop wrote:
Not to be a downer, but I think this is kind of a bad group to start with. No new sculpts at all? Just 3 rereleases and Superman and Batman repaints? Ehhh. At least Supes and Bats are comics accurate versions. I just hope theres enough MOC collectors out there to keep these from pegwarming.

Well, I don;t have Stargirl or Hawkman yet, so I'll get them. The Superman too. Too bad they won't be at Stop and Shop Supermarkets anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:12 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I just got back from one of the many Targets in Los Angeles (Glendale) and they had all the new sigles. Two of each and there may have been a third Kilwog. I got Stargirl and Batman. Still no 6 packs, hopfully they will have those latter this week.

I also learned that Target has changed the price scanners. It not only tells you the price it also says if they have any more of the item in the back stock room. I asked an employee to scan to see if they had more and he told me about the new feature of the price scanners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:18 pm 
my tummy itches

I'll definitely be getting one of each of the first-time single-carded figures, the Batman repaint for my son's JLU box and I'm on the fence on Superman. I'm not a huge fan of the recovery suit and we already have the Doomsday DVD figures including that costume.

Now bring on the 3 packs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:30 pm 
MINT!

A couple of questions about Hawkman;

First from the pic it looks like the paint on his face matches the paint on his chest much better than the one in the 3-pack. Is that true, or am I just hoping?

Second how well does this Hawkman stand? are his legs flimsy like the 3-pack one?

I hate to buy a single that I already got in a 3-pack. Especially when that figure is the only new one that was in the 3-pack and the whole reason I bought the 3-pack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:09 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Of this first wave of singles, not yet seen in Boston...

Batman - this one I'm totally psyched for and will be getting him.

Superman - On the fence with this one. Probably, but I have a custom of superman prime that came out better. But I do want the kryptonite.

Stargirl - I probably need to buy at least 2 of her. For her star rods though. I am missing one for Starman and one for Stargirl, so I'm thinking that other collectors may boost the sales on some of these just for the trinkets they come with, like I will be buying another Superman later for a phatom zone projector and others are all over the Batman with Wonder Pig!

Kilowog, while I can skip the character, an easy headswap can help get more GL Corp customs and it's always good to have another lantern battery, so some collectors may buy a few kilowogs for the lantern and customizing potential.

Hawkman - I need one with better paint apps. Yeah the mace sucks but I can give it to Hawkgirl and get some cool he-man ax for Hawkman. Also, now I can turn my old Hawkman into a JSA custom Golden Age Hawkman:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:13 pm 
5" Scale

I found wave 1 of the singles at an LA area Target as well. Bought Supes, Hawkman and Bats.

Hawkman's legs are even more rubbery than the 3 pack version, if that's possible.

I love the cardbacks on these, especially the 2 screencaps from the show!

I nearly wanted to buy Stargirl and normally I would just for the staff but I have a better one from her minimates figure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next