Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:33 pm 
ABS

I live in Phoenix so if the West Coast to East Coast migration theory holds up, we should be getting shipments in the next day or so (Phoenix is 5 hours from LA area). I'll let everyone know. I checked 4 Targets today and there was nothing still.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:08 am 
Bob Vila

theamazingamzon wrote:
I also learned that Target has changed the price scanners. It not only tells you the price it also says if they have any more of the item in the back stock room. I asked an employee to scan to see if they had more and he told me about the new feature of the price scanners.

They've always done this, as far as I know. I've had employees check in the back using their scanners for a few years now (the first time I can remember doing so was when the first DCSH 2-packs were around). Maybe your Target was just close to catch up! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:53 am 
The Last Word

superfriend wrote:
I have to disagree on this. When I worked at Hasbro, all our product came in through the port of Seattle, Washington, on the west coast. As far as I know, all product from China, regardless of company still comes in from the West Coast and gradually moves across the country by truck and railroad. In general stuff appears in the East - where I live - as much as a month later than when it is first reported.

Yes, there is the occasional toy that appears on the East Coast first, but they are flukes, not the norm.

This is a Target thing, not an industry thing. Target very often moves this stuff into all of their distribution centers before it gets to any stores, and then it's just a luck of the draw thing as to which locations get them first. If it's something that stores need right away to fill empty space, it will generally be in west coast stores first, because those distribution centers get them first. If it's not something the stores need now, now, now, there's no telling who will get the earliest sighting. Toys Я Us can be the same way, too.

As a general rule of thumb, however, you're 100% correct. Most new toys show up on the west coast first.

hellpop wrote:
theamazingamzon wrote:
I also learned that Target has changed the price scanners. It not only tells you the price it also says if they have any more of the item in the back stock room. I asked an employee to scan to see if they had more and he told me about the new feature of the price scanners.

They've always done this, as far as I know. I've had employees check in the back using their scanners for a few years now (the first time I can remember doing so was when the first DCSH 2-packs were around). Maybe your Target was just close to catch up! :D

Some stores have scanners that only tell you the price, but the newer scanners will tell you if there is more in the back. Most of the stores to which I have been give you the extra info, but there are at least two here in NC (in smaller towns I've only passed through) with the scanners that just have the price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:17 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

hellpop wrote:
theamazingamzon wrote:

Of course if you over use that function-- you will also find that the newer ones break down easier-(and either the number buttons disappear or get smashed in so they cant be pushed (unless you use your keys).

Nothing like seeing an associate smile that you cant check because the machines are broken. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:59 am 
Mint on Card

Saw 1 of each of this wave at Target in San Ramon, CA. today during my lunch hour. I left them but do plan on buying the repainted Batman and Superman figures. I have the other 3 characters already but I'm on the fence about picking up Stargirl with the rod. I wasn't too keen on the paint jobs for Bats and Supes.

Hope the new 3-packs are out soon cause i can't wait for Captain Atom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:30 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Quote:
Hope the new 3-packs are out soon cause i can't wait for Captain Atom.

They are...whoo hoo!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:03 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

impulse wrote:
What did the case ratios look like?

IIRC I saw

3 Batman
3 Kilowog
2 Hawkman
1 Superman
1 Stargirl

Some of the bubbles aren't glued on very well as Stargirl and one of the Kilowog bubbles just slid right off the card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:45 pm 
Bob Vila

Jazz wrote:
impulse wrote:
What did the case ratios look like?

IIRC I saw

3 Batman
3 Kilowog
2 Hawkman
1 Superman
1 Stargirl

Some of the bubbles aren't glued on very well as Stargirl and one of the Kilowog bubbles just slid right off the card.

...and in to your pocket.

I kid, I kid. What a way to be welcomed to AFI, accused of theft in your first post. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:46 pm 
Knows his stuff

Thanks Jazz :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:41 pm 
Smack! Smack! Smack!

I picked up a Batman, Superman, and Hawkman today at Target in Shorewood, IL. They had two Kilowogs, a Stargirl, another Batman (sans the batarang :roll: ), and another Superman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:16 pm 
PVC

I saw the Stargirl and Recovery Suit Superman singles at the Oakridge Mall Target in San Jose, CA. The new packaging looks nice, but it does blend in with the Infinite Heroes line--I almost missed Stargilr because she was hanging on the IH peg. They're almost the same size!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:35 pm 
Knows his stuff

Saw 2 Kilowogs, 2 Stargirls, 2 Hawkman, & 1 Superman today. I just picked up 1 Stargirl since someone already got the Batmans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:55 am 
my tummy itches

So funny that there's a new wave of JLU out, yet I'm only interested in the Batman and Superman variant! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:27 am 
Prototype

TSR wrote:
So funny that there's a new wave of JLU out, yet I'm only interested in the Batman and Superman variant! :lol:

I know! Never thought I'd see the day where I was excited to buy a Batman variant!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:33 am 
Mint on Card

riddler2403 wrote:
TSR wrote:

I know! Never thought I'd see the day where I was excited to buy a Batman variant!

I agree. The Superman and Batman were the ones I'm excited about too. Especially cause that Batman reminds me a little of the Super Powers Batman cause of the colors and the Superman i'll use as Superman(boy) Prime.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next