Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Problems with Early Access
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:27 am 
Variant Head

Well I should have known better than to take another chance with Mattycollector after all the past issues, but I caved in and subscribed to the Thundercats sub a couple days ago. I chose the single shipment option.

Then this morning I tried logging into the Early Access page so I could possibly get the new He-Man figure, and it says I don't have any subscriptions that give me access. Then when I looked under the "My Subscriptions" page, it doesn't show any listed. However, I can still look up my order # for the Thundercats sub and confirm that I DID subscribe to it.

So.... I called Digital River's worthless customer service this morning to ask why it doesn't show my subscription and why I can't get into Early Access, and they told me that it won't show my sub and won't give me access until AFTER the order has shipped. But since this is the single shipment option, that won't be until DECEMBER.

That is NOT what the sub benefits says. It implies, like with every other sub, that you get access to the Early Access as soon as you subscribe.

So has anyone else had similar issues with Early Access this morning after recently subscribing? Surely Digital River is once again wrong about something when they tell me I have to wait for the order to ship in December before I'm allowed to make use of Early Access. That is totally bull if true and completely misleading. I emailed them via their customer service page through the website after just hanging up with the stupid Digital River person, hoping I might get a clearer and more accurate answer that way. But even if they straighten out this mess within the next few hours or days, it will be too late for the Early Access and I'll most likely have missed out on ordering the new He-Man figure, unless there's a plentiful amount still available to non-subscribers next Monday. :(

Post subject: Re: Problems with Early Access
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:09 am 
Variant Head

And on a related note, are they supposed to charge the fully $125 plus tax/shipping for the sub right now if you select the single shipment option? Because that's what happened to me. I thought it would just be a $25 charge now then charge the rest when they ship all the figures together in December. The subscription details page for the single shipment option says you only get charged $25 now (unless they stupidly just copy/pasted the same details for both the single shipment option and monthly option), but if you add that sub to your checkout shopping cart it definitely adds ALL the items with their full $25 charge per figure.

So did I get doubly screwed by Matty, or is everyone else also being charged the full amount up front if they select the single shipment option?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:16 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

A $100 of that should drop off after a few days (3-5 or so) as that is the cost of the four monthly figures, you're still going to get charged for Mumm-Ra right now.

As for the early access part, I don't know how it works with a hold shipment like that but with a regular monthly shipment you don't qualify for early access until the month of the first item in the sub. According to the news blurb here you should get early access in September.

Matty Collector wrote:
...subscribers also get Early Access beginning in September 2016.

It's also here...

Matty Collector wrote:
Early Access to Non-Subscription Products: Beginning September 2016, all Club Third Earth subscribers get Early Access to most non-subscription products, regardless of brand. That means you'll have the chance to purchase hot items not available through subscriptions before they're released to the general public, like our 2015 "traveling convention" offering, the Hover Robot three-pack. Availability is first-come, first-served during Early Access and some quantities may be limited, so if products sell out to subscribers during the Early Access period, that's it – no additional product will be made available to non-subscribers at that time.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:11 pm 
Variant Head

Well that's disappointing. So even though I committed to the subscription now, I don't get to use the Early Access until September. And the sub will run out by year's end, so that's just 4-5 months worth of use for it. What a waste. Guess I should have gone with the monthly sub instead. :(