Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3977 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238 ... 266  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:21 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

New custom!

More here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25336&start=120

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:22 pm 
Cold-cast

I don't understand either (why FP never made Clark Kent), this should have been a NO BRAINER......but fantastic job and can't wait see to the "project" that you guys are putting together.

D's

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:59 am 

I agree with to_count. Clark Kent should have been made awhile back.When I made Clark for my son I spent so much time trying to sculpt the glasses with epoxy. I wasn't sure how drawn glasses would look. Turns out they look great ! Great job KryptoFred. He looks awesome.

My son has been after me to post our latest figures but I've been so busy with work I haven't had the time. Here are a couple with hopefully more to come soon. Let us know what you think. Captain Cold and Anarchy

My son decided as we started making captain cold that he wanted to be able to take his hood off. So he came up with this design. I'm very proud.

I might try to redo Anarchy as I'm not a big fan of his Arkham origins design but, They're for my son so it's what he likes that matters. lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:36 am 

Larry wrote:
I agree with to_count. Clark Kent should have been made awhile back.When I made Clark for my son I spent so much time trying to sculpt the glasses with epoxy. I wasn't sure how drawn glasses would look. Turns out they look great ! Great job KryptoFred. He looks awesome.

My son has been after me to post our latest figures but I've been so busy with work I haven't had the time. Here are a couple with hopefully more to come soon. Let us know what you think. Captain Cold and Anarchy

My son decided as we started making captain cold that he wanted to be able to take his hood off. So he came up with this design. I'm very proud.

I might try to redo Anarchy as I'm not a big fan of his Arkham origins design but, They're for my son so it's what he likes that matters. lol

Your Captain Cold is great. I do hate that mouth, but I know it's not your fault as FP inflicts goofy mouths on many of its figures these days.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:49 pm 

JJonah wrote:
Your Captain Cold is great. I do hate that mouth, but I know it's not your fault as FP inflicts goofy mouths on many of its figures these days.

I disagree. I think with the hood on the smirk works for the character. I love it! The hood looks like its from a 25th anniversary Snow Job? That's good thinking! The cowl just looks like paper though, what is it made of?

I'm not sure about Anarchy's head though, it looks too different from the standard imaginext head. I don't really like that design either but it's a good choice for a base figure.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:37 pm 

It's actually made from one of those thin rubber disks they give away for opening jars. I tried paint and regular white fabric but neither one looked right. I agree it looks like paper in the picture, but it looks much better in person.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:40 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well for you customizers and close to imaginext collectors..

At target there is a How to Train Your Dragon 2 Bath Playset of Dragon Island-- it includes a squishy Toothless- but the key part for you guys-- is pretty much an imaginext style Hiccup figure-- what makes him cooler of course is the fact that one of his feet is the metal hook thing-- so I thought it was a unique part to add to you guys' fodder list..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:03 pm 

Larry wrote:
It's actually made from one of those thin rubber disks they give away for opening jars. I tried paint and regular white fabric but neither one looked right. I agree it looks like paper in the picture, but it looks much better in person.

I think it looks great, just couldn't figure out what it was. Very out-of-the-box thinking there! Kudos!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:05 am 
ABS

Just an FYI, the FP Imaginext Joker Laff Factory is listed on Target's web site, but isn't listed as available to buy either in the store or online as of yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:47 am 
Tis' but a pup

More awesome space goodness shown.
The space items here and in the prior post are up for sale at FP.com

Ion Slug ($8)

Alpha Pod ($8)

Alpha Walker ($40) (BACKORDER for June 26)

As well as:

Dragonwagon with Dragon Knight ($16)

Which, as the preview teases, is part of a subtheme that can only be described as "Lions vs. Dragons."
Dragon army builders. Flying lion. Lion's Den Castle. And suddenly, I'm 4 again with a huge grin on my face.
Why is Imaginext so ridiculously good?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:17 pm 
Cold-cast

I picked up another Imaginext Rescue City on a manager markdown today for $7.90 all because it was missing the fireman figure. Now I just need to figure out if I'm going to customize it as a Gotham City or Metropolis playset. Of course now it gets added to my long list of projects currently sitting on my workbench.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:48 pm 
Cold-cast

The_Joker13 wrote:
I picked up another Imaginext Rescue City on a manager markdown today for $7.90 all because it was missing the fireman figure. Now I just need to figure out if I'm going to customize it as a Gotham City or Metropolis playset. Of course now it gets added to my long list of projects currently sitting on my workbench.

Awesome deal !!!!!

.......and I understand about a long list sitting on the "workbench". Cant wait to see which way you go with the custom city, either way......it should be pretty good !!!!!

(My pick/.02$ would be Metropolis.....we have a lot of Gotham items)

D's

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:59 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Could always go for Central City and make part of the police station Barry's lab...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:01 pm 

orangeraptor wrote:

Which, as the preview teases, is part of a subtheme that can only be described as "Lions vs. Dragons."
Dragon army builders. Flying lion. Lion's Den Castle. And suddenly, I'm 4 again with a huge grin on my face.
Why is Imaginext so ridiculously good?

When I saw after Christmas that the Eagle Talon Castle was being discounted heavily, I figured that Imaginext was going to redesign it's castle. I was hoping it would move to something more traditional. I guess not.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:57 pm 

The_Joker13 wrote:

Awesome deal, are we putting this to a vote? This is mine

That Alpha Walker looks cool! It'd be great if they make more of those dragon knights, like a new "race" with different personalities and faces. That would really add some juice to the line.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3977 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238 ... 266  Next