Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 265  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:54 pm 
ABS

haha. Thats pretty cool.

Congrats on doing something fun and inventive

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:27 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

HA! Fun! Good stuff. I love stop motion, even the quick and dirty kind. :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:07 am 
Tis' but a pup

just picked up this nice lil lot for only $25 off some lady on craigslist. i almost bought just the cave for $25, but found this lady that was selling all the extras with it. i think it was a steal. everything there is new to my sons collection except robin, batman with jet pack, and the joker with joker car. saved me alot of money if i would have had to buy online or in store

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:27 am 
ABS

vriverajr3 wrote:
just picked up this nice lil lot for only $25 off some lady on craigslist. i almost bought just the cave for $25, but found this lady that was selling all the extras with it. i think it was a steal. everything there is new to my sons collection except robin, batman with jet pack, and the joker with joker car. saved me alot of money if i would have had to buy online or in store

Nice grab.

Are you in Portland?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:19 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Im in California

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:05 pm 
ABS

ah. Just asking because there was a similar lot on craigslist in portland. and someone snagged it before i emailed.

congrats again. nice grab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:19 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Has anyone checked out the new listings on bigbadtoystore.com, they show a few new imaginext sets.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/sear ... sher-price

The Gotham City Jail - Batman & Bane
The Batcave - just a re-paint of the GL home world set

I did not expect to see any new pics or toys until after Toy Fair, but this is a nice surprise.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:25 am 
Tis' but a pup

Battastic wrote:
Has anyone checked out the new listings on bigbadtoystore.com, they show a few new imaginext sets.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/sear ... sher-price

The Gotham City Jail - Batman & Bane
The Batcave - just a re-paint of the GL home world set

I did not expect to see any new pics or toys until after Toy Fair, but this is a nice surprise.

Good looking out on posting this. Can't wait to pick up the jail for my son. It looks awesome. The new batcave is a real let down to me in my opinion. Another space station repaint and nothing new that comes with the set. My son already has both caves and won't need this one. I'll pass on this. I wish they would have came out with another villain hideout. Anyway still looking forward to seeing what else imaginext DC comes out with this year. Hopefully brand new heroes & villains.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:10 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

"Bane and Jail" added to my Pile O' Loot (via pre-order naturally).

Hopefully I'll find it on the shelves in a few weeks for $5 less ... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:07 am 
Loose, Missing Package

The jail was shown at the Mattel/DC panel at SDCC but the "Batcave" is new (and the Heroes World Batwing is new, too).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:59 am 
Cold-cast

Let me first start off by saying that my kids will go nuts for those new toys, they will want them and most likely get them. Now, that being said, I really wish I could attend Toy Fair this year. I would love an opportunity to look a rep from FP in the face and ask them just what are they thinking? Did we really need another Batcave? :roll: And did it have to be a repaint of the Space Station / GL Planet Oa playset? Seriously, I don't mind repurposing some of the old toys but the least they could have done was make it a lab or hideout for one of the villians. I get it that with the new Batman film releasing this summer that we are going to see a Batman heavy line as usual, but at least try to put a little more thought into what is being released. Yes, I know that someone will make the arguement that FP is trying to offer another Batcave at a lower pricepoint, but with two Batcave's already released it seems that this is unnecessary. As it is now any time I go to a store they all seem to be well stocked with the Batcave tower.
So thank you FP for giving us another toy that as parents we will want to pass on, as we listen to our kids beg for it every time they see it in the store.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:39 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I see both sides of it, but, yeah, I agree that using that for something and someone other than Batman would've really been appreciated.

I know there are some out there that have been asking for that to become "Atlantis" with an Aquaman figure. Garish, coral colored paint apps and all.

Or re-issue Supes with it as a Fortress of Solitude. Those spires jutting out the back practically scream "crystalline"

Or make it part of the JLU's moon Watchtower.

At the very least, re-issue the playset with a NEW character figure.

But I've been at this long enough to know that FP is a very slow moving engine when it comes to introducing new pieces and they LOVE to repurpose a vehicle and playset as often as possible to add longevity to a line.

Oh well, at least my son will like it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:32 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Did anybody else notice that the Gotham Jail Bane set is very different from the original pic?
(look back to page 55 of this thread for original pic)

I know things change from the prototype stage to the finished product but I wish that it was Bane in the set that was changed. Instead of the generic imaginext body a new mold would've been a pleasant surprise.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:52 pm 
Tis' but a pup

lamby23 wrote:
Did anybody else notice that the Gotham Jail Bane set is very different from the original pic?
(look back to page 55 of this thread for original pic)

I know things change from the prototype stage to the finished product but I wish that it was Bane in the set that was changed. Instead of the generic imaginext body a new mold would've been a pleasant surprise.

also the batman in the original looked like it was going to have have a removable cape or something. he also had white gloves. now it shows a batman that everyone probably has already :?: also top of the jail is a little different. original had just an arc way and now there's some kind of room.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:28 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Finally... Wonder woman and her jet!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 265  Next