Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4040 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 270  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:16 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

The_Joker13 wrote:
and of course he made a bee line for the toy area. .

I assume he was just following in your wake.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:31 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

The_Joker13 wrote:
I was trying to figure out how I can customize it for DC Super Friends.

Checkmate is HQ'd in a castle. Add a knight or two, give 'em a nice repaint, and BAM, Max Lord is running the show!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:12 pm 
Cold-cast

Battastic wrote:
That would make a great castle for the League of Shadows!

With a little darker pain, it could make a descent Arkham Asylum. But I think the League and their followers would need a home first.

I like the idea for a castle for the League of Shadows...I already built a very large Arkham Asylum using the old Imaginext building system pieces.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:14 pm 
Cold-cast

stewbacca wrote:
The_Joker13 wrote:
and of course he made a bee line for the toy area. .

I assume he was just following in your wake.. :mrgreen:

:lol: Yeah well this time I was chasing him...although usually it is the other way around. :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:42 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Well ther you have it. The Matty Q&A answered some long wanting questions.
No plans at this time for female additions in the Imaginext line & no plans at this time for Superman additions in the Imaginext line.
Unless something changes, this line will go the way of ever other Mattel line...down the toilet!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:08 am 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Has Cyborg been released or announced? I swear I saw an ad from a couple of weeks ago with what looked like a Cyborg for Imaginext.

On another note, I finally picked up a Joker funhouse for my son for this coming Christmas as it was on clearance at Target again. I picked it up for 10.71 or something like that. Now he has an HQ for his bad guys.

Have to get the Gotham Jail so I can get him Bane or maybe I'll settle for the Police Van with Bane and a cop that I've seen at TRU.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:32 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Battastic wrote:
No plans at this time for female additions in the Imaginext line & no plans at this time for Superman additions in the Imaginext line.
Unless something changes, this line will go the way of ever other Mattel line...down the toilet!

The female question I don't doubt (I'm still amazed they made Catwoman) but Superman is sure to get a few pieces next year with the movie, they just don't want to announce anything that far in advance in case things change.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:05 am 
Cold-cast

Jim_Abell wrote:
Battastic wrote:

The female question I don't doubt (I'm still amazed they made Catwoman) but Superman is sure to get a few pieces next year with the movie, they just don't want to announce anything that far in advance in case things change.

I have to admit I was not surprised by the response in regards to producing more female characters. Keep in mind they did produce the Precious Places line and it pretty much failed miserably (although my daughter loved that line). I'm sure they look to that as a testing ground, however inaccurate that may be given that both girls and boys (or women and men) would want the female super heroes. I think that FP needs to look at the Wonder Woman with Jet from the Little People line, I hardly ever see that item on shelves but Batman is everywhere.
As for Catwoman, I can't say that I was surprised since she was a character in the new film and as you can see FP wasted no time in pairing up Catwoman and Batman in an exclusive set for TRU Gotham City Collection.
I will admit though that it is a shame that we won't be seeing any female characters at this time, but I think that with the popularity of this line that it is far from going down the proverbial toilet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:45 am 
Collector Inspector

On the positive side, at least they made one female figure, and the body is pretty generic. I've picked up a couple extra Catwomen. If Fisher Price won't make me a Wonder Woman, I'll take care of it myself. And Batgirl, too. Fortunately the Catwoman body doesn't have a ton of features that need to be removed -- Batgirl might be largely a straight-up repaint with a bit of work on the ears and some sculpted hair. I'm going to try the head of an Action League WW on the body to save myself some effort on that one.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:25 am 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Jim_Abell wrote:
Battastic wrote:

I would think that Luthor would be an easy one Jim. There is a bald headed Imaginext figure and the armor from the Dinosaur sets which looks like Lex's they could just repaint (which if memory serves me one of the board members posted a nice custom of).

Or they can re-use one of the Robots for the Robot police lines for a lex Bot.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:33 pm 
Cold-cast

Here is the custom Lex Luthor that I did some time ago. I used a Mr. Freeze body and modified the helmet along with a head from one of the villains from the Robot Police line.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:36 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hi everyone -

Long time lurker...I've been collecting the DC ImagiNext for my 4 year old son for a few years now - we love the stuff.

Just got an email from the Fisher Price store for 20% off Imaginext - so I did some searching on their site to look for something for my son's birthday in two months...they've got better pics of Aquaman and Batsub Batman up...not available through the Fisher Price store though, unfortunately.

Aquaman:

http://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/brand ... ucts/67483

Batman with Sub:

http://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/brand ... ucts/67482

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:34 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

UGH.

Why does Aquaman have YELLOW legs? He had yellow gloves in the golden age, but never yellow legs. FIX IT, FP!!! :evil:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:20 pm 
shirtless hugger

Shellhead wrote:
UGH.

Why does Aquaman have YELLOW legs? He had yellow gloves in the golden age, but never yellow legs. FIX IT, FP!!! :evil:

Yellow Boots perhaps, not legs. At least that's what I see.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:57 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Just a head's up, I haven't seen it yet, but the Mr. Freeze playset is shipping. I know it was on the truck we received a couple nights back but I would imagine it's being held for the fall reset. Price point is just under $30.

Also saw the new Batcave (Oa/Space Station re-paint) at K-Mart on Saturday, has that one been spotted in the wild already?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4040 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 270  Next