Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3889 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 260  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:05 pm 
Cold-cast

xrmc20 wrote:

Here is the picture.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:05 am 
Unbreakable

Oh very nice. Thanks for the quick response. Maybe he will be a surprise shelf find with Christmas coming up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:58 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Thanks for all the info, looks like the hunt is on!

To me it looks like the freeze jet is only repaint am I right? All the rest has been out already. Looks like maybe in that figure pack the weapon claw us a mix of superman and joker one now. Thoughts?

EDIT:
My Walmart (Geneseo NY) nothing new yet.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:08 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

So I was at one of many local Wal-Marts in my area trying to find some new DC Imaginext. Of course they were cleaned out. But they had this awesome display table set up in the middle of the isle. I did not think to snap a pic, but it was great.
The table was divided into 4 areas with storage underneath for retail items.
The 4 areas were: 1) a painted rocky area with the Batcave, 2) a painted sidewalk area with the Gotham jail, 3) a green slime area with Joker's Funhouse, 4) and an area covered in question marks that was left empty. This last area had a sign that read "Toy Deleted"?!?!?
In between all of the sets were figures attached to the table. It was a really cool display.
Any word on a new Riddler Set?

Also, has anyone seen this new Imaginext battle arena? The set has 2 figures ( a ninja & a Caveman) and the figures can battle each other by controls on each side. I also saw different individual figures that go with this set (Viking, Pirate, Knight, and some others).
What do you guys think of these?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:38 pm 
Unbreakable

My Mom was nice enough to poick me up the Battle Areana yesterday. Mainly for the figires but I will mess with it later on.

I grabbed the rest of the Arena figs from the 20% sale og FP.com. Pretty nifty idea. I will warn people the fig you see in the package has their "skins" attached to their special weapons. So for the Jaguar figure he HAS to have his rope copter in hand etc... All figs come with a second basic "skin" but generally arent as cool. Especially the Jaguar/Zulu warrior.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:16 pm 
An Insider

In your travels to the Imaginext section, has anyone seen the Hornet Copter in the large plane assortments? I saw one at Target once, and now I can't find it again. I was hoping with the resets that it would start to show up more.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:02 pm 
Unbreakable

Nope. First I've seen pics of it. I was just there looking for the Falcon copter but no luck on that. I do have to say this particular Target was pretty sold down on Imaginext except the new battle arena stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:10 am 

Has anyone else seen this table or am I the only one?
I am going to try and get back by that same Wal-Mart and get a picture of it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:33 am 
An Insider

Battastic wrote:
So I was at one of many local Wal-Marts in my area trying to find some new DC Imaginext. Of course they were cleaned out. But they had this awesome display table set up in the middle of the isle. I did not think to snap a pic, but it was great.
The table was divided into 4 areas with storage underneath for retail items.
The 4 areas were: 1) a painted rocky area with the Batcave, 2) a painted sidewalk area with the Gotham jail, 3) a green slime area with Joker's Funhouse, 4) and an area covered in question marks that was left empty. This last area had a sign that read "Toy Deleted"?!?!?
In between all of the sets were figures attached to the table. It was a really cool display.
Any word on a new Riddler Set?

Also, has anyone seen this new Imaginext battle arena? The set has 2 figures ( a ninja & a Caveman) and the figures can battle each other by controls on each side. I also saw different individual figures that go with this set (Viking, Pirate, Knight, and some others).
What do you guys think of these?

I did see the Batman table display at Walmart in Freehold. There was also an empty spot on the display. I would say that them empty spot would be for the Gotham City play set.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:46 pm 

So, I made it back to Wal-Mart to get pics of the table with the Riddler area. The pics are not the best because these 2 kids were playing around it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:32 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Wish my Walmart had this. I been wanting to make my son a table just like this and now can "borrow" some of the art. :)

Last edited by b00sted on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:01 pm 
Knows his stuff

The Walmart close to me has a similar display, but the table was covered by clear plastic glass. Tells the story of the community I live in I guess. :cry: :roll:

BTW.. taking pics of a play area with kids all about is risky business... :shock:

Be thankful some parent didn't chase you down and grab your camera, beat you senseless and call the PD...it's the day and age.

Regards,

gd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:40 am 

Yeah, I thought about that too. The only good thing is that one of the kids that would not get out of the way...was mine. That's his arm in all of the shots. He acted like he didn't have all of thsoe playsets and figures at home :)

But thanks for the concern.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:49 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Battastic wrote:
Has anyone else seen this table or am I the only one?
I am going to try and get back by that same Wal-Mart and get a picture of it.

They had it at one of my Wal Marts probably 2 months ago when they put up all the Batman DVD display things as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:46 pm 
Knows his stuff

WOW... I WANT THAT TABLE FOR MY 3 YEAR OLD!!! We have his Batman Imaginext stuff on a 'train table' now, but that display piece is awesome!! Never seen it in any of my Walmarts. On another note, I have seen the new multi-figure packs, as well as the Freeze Plane set. This is in the Richmond VA area.

--Rick

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3889 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 260  Next