Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 266  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:50 pm 
Knows his stuff

UKimaginextfan wrote:
Am uk fan of imaginext, limited here compared with uk and prices lot higher.
Have been customising as well, after seeing what you guys have been up to.

Keep up the good work

Hey UKimaginextfan...welcome to the boards (from across the pond!). :wink:

Hope to see some of your customs soon! Rick

Post subject: Added Dinosaurs to my ImagiNext collection
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:42 pm 
PVC

rickwj324 wrote:
UKimaginextfan wrote:
Am uk fan of imaginext, limited here compared with uk and prices lot higher.
Have been customising as well, after seeing what you guys have been up to.

Keep up the good work

Hey UKimaginextfan...welcome to the boards (from across the pond!). :wink:

Hope to see some of your customs soon! Rick

Ditto, welcome aboard the board!

I had good news and bad news today. I haven't been a fan of Fred's in the Past but wound up loving their prices on ImagiNext. I was dropping by today with the idea of picking up one small figure pack. I wanted to spend about 10 bucks or less. The Fred's was going out of business and they had their toys marked down 40%. So, I grabbed dinosaurs and planes.

The DC was fairly picked over. I didn't need any of the Bat figures left.

Since I can never have too many dinos, I picked up the yellow Raptor and Dimedron for $7 bucks a piece.

I grabbed a big pack of Sky Racers for $11 bucks. I figure my Batwing needs someone in the skies to chase. I've now got the Twin Eagle, Flying Tiger, and one of the smaller planes in my plastic skies. That'll be fun with the air craft carrier in the closet.

Not a bad day. Good day, in fact. Shame that my future discount scores won't come from there in the future.

I may have to head back soon and see if I can pick up a Triceratops or a Stegasorus to round out my dino collection. I can't wait to have Batman face down some dinosaurs.

Post subject: Re: Uk fan!!!
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:45 pm 
Cold-cast

UKimaginextfan wrote:
Hey

Have been reading this thread, all 118 pages!
Have got to say I am impressed with some the customs you guys have made, and has inspired me to do several for my son.
Including
Dr Fate
Captain Marvel
Red hood
Martian manhunter
Red robin

WELCOME........always happy to see fellow readers. Would love to see your work......POST when you have the time.

D's

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:55 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Thanks for the welcome!

Will post up pics soon, as I can't upload from my iPhone.

Amazed by difference in prices that uk and USA have. For example killer croc sells for around $7 dollars in the states, but here is is £10 or roughly $15.

Post subject: So what's on the shelves in UK?
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:03 pm 
PVC

A few pages back in this thread is a link for a UK store that showed a few pieces we don't have in the US and some older sets that aren't still readily available stateside. What is currently on the ImagiNex aisle over the pond?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:20 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Has anyone seen the new green Stegosaurus in stores? I have found the yellow raptor but not the new Stego.

Also, got tired of my Pterdactyl falling over so I went in there to disable that claw feature so I can pose him on his feet and they won't close together making it fall over.

Man, it's almost impossible to open up these figures.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:25 am 
Knows his stuff

So.. I've been collecting these figures for a couple of years now and have never seen a Croc in retail stores. I've managed to get a couple online but never seen them in Target/Walmart/ToysRUs/etc.

Well... I walked into a MARTIN'S grocery store today to get lunch and see a pretty large imaginext display!! I didn't even know they sold these. On the display was at least 3 Croc's, 3 Aquaman's, and a bunch of older figures. They also had the original Batwing set and the 60's style Batmobile...both of which disappeared from toystores a long time ago around here. I was pretty shocked to see all of these.

Of course I started to grab some of these, but realized I don't need them and neither does my 4 year old. I had to fight the urge to grab them!! :wink:

Rick

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:36 am 
Cold-cast

rickwj324 wrote:
So.. I've been collecting these figures for a couple of years now and have never seen a Croc in retail stores. I've managed to get a couple online but never seen them in Target/Walmart/ToysRUs/etc.

Well... I walked into a MARTIN'S grocery store today to get lunch and see a pretty large imaginext display!! I didn't even know they sold these. On the display was at least 3 Croc's, 3 Aquaman's, and a bunch of older figures. They also had the original Batwing set and the 60's style Batmobile...both of which disappeared from toystores a long time ago around here. I was pretty shocked to see all of these.

Of course I started to grab some of these, but realized I don't need them and neither does my 4 year old. I had to fight the urge to grab them!! :wink:

Rick

quick question........how much was that Batwing ?

D's

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:53 am 
Knows his stuff

to_count wrote:
rickwj324 wrote:

Rick

quick question........how much was that Batwing ?

D's

I believe they were 14.99. This is the one I'm referring to:

I'm not sure about other areas, but these haven't been in toystores around here in quite a while. Also that 60's style Batmobile has disappeared around here.

There are lots of Martin's stores in my area (used to be called UKROPS). I never thought to look for toys in this store before!!

Rick

Post subject: Grocery Store Stock
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:42 pm 
PVC

Now I'm feeling nostalgic for Martins and Giant Eagle. I shopped those in PA as the local groceries.

Ingles, a grocery store around my neck of the woods, had a nice display recently of older ImagiNext, particularly some real early knights and dragons that were before my collecting time. I have a consignment shop one so I passed. Oddly, the grocery store old stock of ImagiNext was priced comperable to Wal-Mart and Target so it wasn't any higher.

Now that you've mentioned it I can't recall if I ever saw a Croc in the wild or not. He is one of the figures on the ever shortening list of characters that I don't own. I know it's not Pokemon, but I really do want to collect them all.

Post subject: Re: Grocery Store Stock
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:29 pm 
Knows his stuff

Big IV wrote:
Now I'm feeling nostalgic for Martins and Giant Eagle. I shopped those in PA as the local groceries.

Ingles, a grocery store around my neck of the woods, had a nice display recently of older ImagiNext, particularly some real early knights and dragons that were before my collecting time. I have a consignment shop one so I passed. Oddly, the grocery store old stock of ImagiNext was priced comperable to Wal-Mart and Target so it wasn't any higher.

Now that you've mentioned it I can't recall if I ever saw a Croc in the wild or not. He is one of the figures on the ever shortening list of characters that I don't own. I know it's not Pokemon, but I really do want to collect them all.

If you'd like a croc I could pick one up for you...just let me know. Rick

Post subject: Re: Grocery Store Stock
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:30 pm 
Knows his stuff

Big IV wrote:

If you'd like a croc I could pick one up for you...just let me know. Rick

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:25 pm 
ABS

I wonder if they are owned by Safeway.

Cuz, I walked into Safeway today, adn they had a batman display. but it also had the Superman/Wonderwoman and Harley/Joker 2-packs

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:57 pm 
Dog Squeezer

I found this on Targets site after reading an article on retailers getting ready for a JL movie. Looks like its probably for the Imainext line. The description says it seats 7 which is pretty cool!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:10 am 
Cold-cast

Jester.....thank you !!!

I got to get this one, it would make a great addition to the collection

D's

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 266  Next