Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 253  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:01 am 
ABS

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:03 am 
Knows his stuff

martian MILFhunter wrote:
Actually I live in los Angeles and all the targets cleared out of the the bat caves and most of the figures. I even got a battle arena on clearance. So I'm with u I think the new stuff is coming.

Cool.. looks like both Coasts are prepping for it!! :wink:

On another note... I just noticed this police car on Target's site. Never seen it before. Is it a new sculpt or repaint of a previous vehicle?!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:47 am 
5" Scale

Hey guys, you might check out your outlet stores too. I've been seeing quite a few things popping up in there like the OA playset with Kilowog at Burlington Coat Factory. They're affiliated with someone else, but I can't remember who? My little guy loves these and the Playskool brand. Trying to locate Captain Rex for him at the moment. Oh, and I did see the Bizarro at Wal Mart yesterday in our travels. So if you are looking for anything, just hit me up with a pm. With a 4 year old I'm in the aisles more than ever.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:37 pm 
shirtless hugger

Quote:
Is the harley quinn and joker set considered hard to find?

I don't think so. They were available on the Imaginext web site and I've seen them three or four times now in stores, along with Wonder Woman and Superman.

The nice thing about Imaginext is that they really don't do "hard to find." They WANT this stuff to reach consumers. I can't think of any DC character produced to date that I haven't seen on store shelves.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:59 pm 
Knows his stuff

Bryan Long wrote:
Quote:
Is the harley quinn and joker set considered hard to find?

I don't think so. They were available on the Imaginext web site and I've seen them three or four times now in stores, along with Wonder Woman and Superman.

The nice thing about Imaginext is that they really don't do "hard to find." They WANT this stuff to reach consumers. I can't think of any DC character produced to date that I haven't seen on store shelves.

Some are definitely harder to find than others! I have never seen Cyborg in a store...ever! I bought mine on FAO when he was available (I always buy 2 for myself, one to open and one in box, as well as one for my 4 year old). I've never seen him listed on fp's website either...only Toys R Us and FAO online. Maybe that's just a regional thing... I'm sure others have seen him in abundance.

Also..Killer Croc was never really seen around here. The first time I ever saw him on a shelf was within the last couple of months. How long has that figure been out? I had to get mine on ebay and FAO as well.

As for Harley/Joker and Superman/Wonder Woman, I would say they are pretty 'scarce' for the most part. They've popped up on FP a couple of times but also have sold out (currently they are back up). I've only seen them in stores once or twice (at Target). Again...other areas may get them a lot more than we do.

Now the new stuff that's come out has shown up here in full force! I couldn't believe how many sets I've seen of the new Superman figures, etc. Every time I go back to Walmart they are still there, and like I said before...the Lex Bot has already been marked down to $8, yet I've seen others posting that he hasn't hit their areas yet. :?

With these figures you never know. My suggestion is: if you see a figure in a retail store that you know you want, snap him up right away. You never know when they may disappear and not come back! Although, I do believe that Mattel wants these figures out and isn't intentionally shorting us...they simply release different waves to different areas.

Rick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:01 pm 
Cold-cast

rickwj324 wrote:
martian MILFhunter wrote:
Actually I live in los Angeles and all the targets cleared out of the the bat caves and most of the figures. I even got a battle arena on clearance. So I'm with u I think the new stuff is coming.

Cool.. looks like both Coasts are prepping for it!! :wink:

On another note... I just noticed this police car on Target's site. Never seen it before. Is it a new sculpt or repaint of a previous vehicle?!

These are NEW sculpts and vehicles.....there are MORE on the FP website (fire/ambulance). Thought about buying a few for custom designs (lol)

D's

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:07 pm 
Knows his stuff

to_count wrote:
These are NEW sculpts and vehicles.....there are MORE on the FP website. Thought about buying a few for custom designs (lol)
D's

Same here! Plus there's a cool little rescue helicopter coming out that's a new mold (as far as I can tell anyway).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:35 pm 
Knows his stuff

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
First off let me state that in no way, shape, or form do I expect this discussion thread to be as robust as any other thread here.

I would so love to see more, more, more become available in this format (although I do recognize that this model seems to hit big initially and then linger into obscurity.). I would love to see a Hall of Justice playset or a Fortress of Solitude. I would like to see several other Justice Leaguers thrown into the mix. Green Lanterns, Aquaman, Ace the Bat-Hound, villains galore and on and on, all with fun accessories and vehicles to boot.

Chime in, let us know how much fun everyone else is having with these toys. I'll even try to get my son up here to share some of his playtime adventures!

This was the first post of this thread started by bnjmnrlyr (BACK IN 2008!!). I find it funny looking back on this and seeing that he didn't expect this thread to be as robust as other threads (and it's probably one of the most active!! haha :lol: )

Looking back you mentioned some things like wanting to see The Fortress of Solitude (which we now have) as well as Green Lanterns, Aquaman, and villains galore! Who would've thought that several years later the line would be going this strong, releasing characters like: Batman, Robin, Superman, GL Hal Jordan, GL Kilowog, GL C'hp, Flash, Hawkman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Krypto, Commissioner Gordon, Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Two-Face, Clayface, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Mr Freeze, General Zod, Lex Luthor, Bizarro, Brainiac, Black Manta, and more to come!! We have multiple batcaves, batmobiles, Batwings, Batcopters, Batcycles, Joker playsets, Mr Freeze playsets, the Fortress of Solitude, villain vehicles, and much much more!!

Thanks for starting this thread so long ago! It's one that I visit most. I first bought some Imaginext figures about 2 years ago for my (soon to become) step-son. Since then I've become hooked myself and look forward to these cute little figures more than anything else I collect! It's fun for myself as well as my little man at home. I have a 10 month old son now and can't wait to start collecting for him as well!! :D

--Rick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:26 pm 
PVC

rickwj324 wrote:
to_count wrote:
These are NEW sculpts and vehicles.....there are MORE on the FP website. Thought about buying a few for custom designs (lol)
D's

Same here! Plus there's a cool little rescue helicopter coming out that's a new mold (as far as I can tell anyway).

Target also has a two block city that looks cool that I hadn't noticed before. It goes with the ambulance, police car, and other rescue items that they have. Maybe they're exclusives? Maybe they're older stock being ran through again.

All things ImagiNext seem to come back around sooner or later.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:47 pm 
Knows his stuff

I dont believe I have seen that city block set at target. Anyone have pics??

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:57 pm 
active in the community

What I like about the Imaginext line is that the figures can stand (my son was so frustrated with certain JL figures) and can take a nice beating (I still remember posing DCU Kid Flash and his arm snapping off).

Yesterday at the Target in Oswego, IL they had two packages of the Harley/Joker figure. I passed on them since I am not going to collect every figure in the line, only the ones I like. That being said, I haven’t found Cyborg or Kroc. Hopefully during the holiday season he will be included in some sort of set.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:02 pm 
PVC

rickwj324 wrote:

http://www.target.com/p/fisher-price-im ... =ImagiNext

I haven't seen this anywhere but on Target's website.

I think Cyborg is a TRU exclusive figure like Comissioner Gordon.

I still need to pick up a second Gotham City police car. My first one came from the scratch and dent table for half price without Gordon. I'm trying to build up the police force. I also picked up a 60s style Batmobile without a Batman which is even better since I have too many Batmen anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:07 pm 
Knows his stuff

Big IV wrote:
rickwj324 wrote:

http://www.target.com/p/fisher-price-im ... =ImagiNext

I haven't seen this anywhere but on Target's website.

Cool! Thx for the link!! I may have to pick this up when it gets marked down. I'm thinking of painting my son's imaginext table (such as roads, water, etc) and making it a proper gotham city. Could possibly use these pieces as part of gotham! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:41 pm 
Resin

Yes the Cyborg figure was part of the Gotham City collection that is a Toys R Us exclusive. I have only seen maybe half a dozen or so since they came out. The problem is the Two Face figure and plane and the Green Lantern figure with motorcycle from the Gotham City collection that have become peg/shelf warmers. The distribution centers usually won't send out new product if it's not moving in the store. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:36 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

It's funny overhere In uk, we have an abundance of cyborg in TRU. But can not find killer croc here whatsoever.
We generally seen to be a month behind on new products. So hopefully get lex Luthor soon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 253  Next