Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3977 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 266  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:44 am 
Knows his stuff

UKimaginextfan wrote:
It's funny overhere In uk, we have an abundance of cyborg in TRU. But can not find killer croc here whatsoever.
We generally seen to be a month behind on new products. So hopefully get lex Luthor soon

Assortments are definitely regional. I know some areas in the US get assortments before others do. I remember hearing about other regions in the US getting Crocs at discount chains like Big Lots yet the major retail stores here never really had him at all. And Cyborgs haven't shown up anywhere here (as far as I can tell). If my local Toys R Us stores have gotten them they must have been in small amounts and sold out immediately.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:21 am 
Knows his stuff

Fisher Price's website has some new stuff available for order, including the new police car, city playset, and this:

Lazer Jet:

I actually think I would prefer that "lazer jet" for WW's invisible jet (if it was totally clear of course). Don't get me wrong, I will be buying the invisible jet asap, but I don't think the shape of it and the blue coloring was the right choice. If this lazer jet was molded in clear plastic it would be perfect! :)

There's lots of other pieces on there as well! City playset and much more! Check 'em out!!

And I think I see an "Ace the Bathound" in the making with this set:

There's also new Spongebob stuff on there.

Post subject: I like the ImagiNext motorcycles
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:11 pm 
PVC

The_Joker13 wrote:
The problem is the Two Face figure and plane and the Green Lantern figure with motorcycle from the Gotham City collection that have become peg/shelf warmers.

I did my part. I bought a Green Lantern on a motorcycle. I liked his bike, sure it's a repaint of the Batbike with slightly different wheels but it looks nice. I like the motorcycles.

I'll be looking or that sidecar rig. My ImagiNext motorcycle collection needs a sidecar.

I will also be needing the Burglar Cyle!
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st= ... &pid=75337

I had spotted the odd Big Rig w/Robot on Target's website and didn't understand the limited amount of pictures. Apparently this is a big rig that hides a robot? That's a cool concept. Fairly neat take on Transformers.
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st= ... &pid=75182

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:09 am 
Tis' but a pup

Found a new Triceratops as well it looks very nice.

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st= ... &pid=75345

Really want to get it and the $10 batmobile.

Looks like the claw actually opens and closes too.

Soe of their prices seem out of whack on there the raptor that's usually $11 is listed for $17.

Buying it when you see it is the best policy, ther is only 1 WM in my area that has ever had the yellow raptor around Christmas they had about 30 now they still have a few left I bet they are the same lot, it's like they got all the cases that should have went to other WM's.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:03 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

The_Joker13 wrote:
So I removed the cape from an extra new Batman figure that I had and glued it to the Robin and here is a picture of how it turned out.

That's ace.
How did you remove the cape?
With a scalpel?
Was it easy to do?
Can it be done to any Imaginext figure?
Thanks,

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:30 pm 
Cold-cast

firstade wrote:
The_Joker13 wrote:
So I removed the cape from an extra new Batman figure that I had and glued it to the Robin and here is a picture of how it turned out.

That's ace.
How did you remove the cape?
With a scalpel?
Was it easy to do?
Can it be done to any Imaginext figure?
Thanks,

First I put the Batman figure in boiling water for about 45 seconds to soften the glue holding the cape on. Then I removed the cape, you can use a blade to loosen it if the glue still sticks. Then glue it on to the Imaginext figure. It was not hard to do in my opinion. I suppose you can add the cape to any Imaginext figure, as for the boiling method that seems to only work on the cape or the hands that are connected at the wrist.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:04 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Does anyone have any updated group pictures of the Heroes and Villains? All I see are packaged pics -really want to see a loose pic of Bizarro.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:19 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

The_Joker13 wrote:
First I put the Batman figure in boiling water for about 45 seconds to soften the glue holding the cape on. Then I removed the cape, you can use a blade to loosen it if the glue still sticks. Then glue it on to the Imaginext figure. It was not hard to do in my opinion. I suppose you can add the cape to any Imaginext figure, as for the boiling method that seems to only work on the cape or the hands that are connected at the wrist.

Thanks fella. I'll have a go. Ta,

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:36 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

to_count wrote:
I've been working on a Batgirl also (cant show pic yet, waiting on a part in the mail......sorry) but I would suggest that you find a different head and then use just the cape.

Hello, How's your Batgirl going?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:37 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Hey Guys,

Sorry in advance for the longer then usual post but I just got back from family vacation and trying to play catch up on all the news. I have to say I envy everyone who 's finding the new superman and Bizzaro packs. We haven't had any new product in the Shelbyville, Indiana Wal-Mart since Christmas. I was hoping to find some on the way driving to and from Florida but only lucked into finding Cyborg at a Toys R US in Georgia.
Before We left I did manage to get the Hall of Doom done finally. While we got the Lex Luthor with armor before we left my wife decided to save it for my son's birthday. Having already opened my mouth and promised him something cool once the Hall was done, I had no choice but to make him something to go with it. Image
I decided on the Arkham Asylum version of Scarecrow. He just seems so creepy.
On a final note I wanted to remind my fellow customizers out their not to overlook their local Goodwill for parts. The one down here has been a goldmine of parts lately. In fact I just recently picked up the JLA watchtower play set for $4.00 and it only seems to be missing very little.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:28 pm 
Cold-cast

Love the Hall of Doom, but that Scarecrow is just awesome!!

Would you mind sharing how you made the Scarecrow figure?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:16 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Thanks The_Joker13,

It was actually something that took a little trial and error. The final figure is a mini mutants shredder figure with all of the blades cut off for the body and a five inch batman begins scarecrow head. The hood/cloak is the cape from a three inch skeletor type figure I found at Big Lots several years ago along with some Aves epoxy sculpt to make it look the way I wanted. The two respirator parts on his mouth are little Lego pieces I got from my wife (the Lego collector in the family) I still need to add the noose around his neck but I'm looking for a way to make it look right.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:25 am 
Cold-cast

During my vacation time, I was able to put together approx. 20 figures..............still have to paint them but !!!!

Here is the first batch of figures (ImagiNext)

BLACK MASK / COPPERHEAD / BEAST BOY

D's
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25078&start=15

Post subject: Good job!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:05 pm 
PVC

I love the customs. I still can't get my paint to stick so I'm doubly envious of those of ya'll that can. I need to get back to work practicing that.

Post subject: Re: Good job!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:15 am 
Cold-cast

Big IV wrote:
I love the customs. I still can't get my paint to stick so I'm doubly envious of those of ya'll that can. I need to get back to work practicing that.

How much water do you add to the paint ?

D's

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3977 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 266  Next