Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 220  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:06 pm 
Knows his stuff

american idle wrote:
bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Why did the Javelin ship suddenly go from being "limited stock" in a few of my local area stores to now being listed as "Not available online" AND "not sold in stores" on the Target.com site?

I know these HAVE shipped. And now, today, they suddenly become not available for purchase at all?!?

WTF?!?

[edit] ...and now a double check says that the Manta Sub is "not sold in stores" as well. The WW/Invisible Jet is still available though. Which can't be possible since the two items SHIP IN THE SAME CASE PACK.

Target is so odd. They really need to start bringing their inventory and control system into the modern age ....

Agreed. I went to the two Target stores in Houston that said the sub and jet were in stock and both said they couldn't find them in the back. One of them had the 4 new figures on the shelf though so I got those to keep it from a total loss.

Several stores in my area show the Manta sub and WW Jet in stock. I was in one Target yesterday evening and asked them about it. They said they were probably in the back and that they are currently in the process of re-working that aisle and that it's not supposed to be put out yet. Not sure how accurate that is....

Rick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:37 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Why did the Javelin ship suddenly go from being "limited stock" in a few of my local area stores to now being listed as "Not available online" AND "not sold in stores" on the Target.com site?

I know these HAVE shipped. And now, today, they suddenly become not available for purchase at all?!?

WTF?!?

[edit] ...and now a double check says that the Manta Sub is "not sold in stores" as well. The WW/Invisible Jet is still available though. Which can't be possible since the two items SHIP IN THE SAME CASE PACK.

Target is so odd. They really need to start bringing their inventory and control system into the modern age ....

Whoops double post. Dang Kindle!!

Last edited by Great_Krypton on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:38 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

bnjmnrlyr wrote:

WTF?!?

Just got back from my local Target (Victor, NY). They didn't have any of the new stuff on the shelves, but i asked one of the employees to check in the back. He was able to get me the Invisible Jet, the Manta Sub, and the Javelin. I didn't think to check if the single figures were there.

Man, the Javelin is huge!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:10 am 
shirtless hugger

I found the Manta Sub and the Invisible Jet at a SuperTarget yesterday. No Javelin, at least not on the shelves.

I didn't bother to ask for help getting stuff from the back -- in all my years of collecting, that's worked out for me precisely once. I always marvel at how other people can get someone to go into the back and bring things out -- I just get told "No."

I do wish there was enough leg clearance for the JLU WW and Devil Ray to fit into these vehicles, but there's not.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:10 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I just picked up the javelin. This is freaken huge. Fits 7 figures. It also has a picture of flash and aqua man pack. They look recolored and a little more detailed but the same mold. I just asked the guy at the counter of the games if he could get it for me and he did. I told him that it was on line yesterday but now itsnot. He said he had 2 of them in the back. So they might be saving these for a later release date maybe.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:35 pm 
Dog Squeezer

The new Batcave looks cool. I am waiting to see if they release a nice Justice League headquarters play set that my 4" figures can use.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:29 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Bryan Long wrote:
I found the Manta Sub and the Invisible Jet at a SuperTarget yesterday. No Javelin, at least not on the shelves.

I didn't bother to ask for help getting stuff from the back -- in all my years of collecting, that's worked out for me precisely once. I always marvel at how other people can get someone to go into the back and bring things out -- I just get told "No."

I do wish there was enough leg clearance for the JLU WW and Devil Ray to fit into these vehicles, but there's not.

Now that more show it in stock here in Houston I went to 3 different ones close to my house and none of them had them on the shelves. 2 out of the three stores when asked if they were in the back after showing in stock online basically gave the same answer. They said they are probably in the back but even if they are they cannot pull them out yet. One said they're getting a huge shipment of lots of things tomorrow and will be stocking over the weekend and if I called tomorrow and asked for a manager they will pull to the side to save. The other store and nice guy said starting this weekend and through the week they are doing a major reconfiguring of the toy section and should definitely be out next week and said same thing about if its in the back right now he is not allowed to pull and apologized.

I at least feel confident on getting the WW jet and Sub at the very least. Hopefully the Javelin too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:34 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Bryan Long wrote:

Ive received 4 Nos this week so I hear you! But I'm about as good of a squeeky wheel as Chris Farley during his first sales run in Tommy Boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:51 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

We just got the new single figures from Imaginext at TRU, like the soccer player and secret agent. They are pretty cool, my only çomplaint is that they are blind bagged like the lego minifigures. Already got the secret agent, alien, robot and mummy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:30 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

Anyone seen the Brainiac figure yet at retail?

Webslinger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:28 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Not sure how I missed the news of the single packs, but found them at TRU today. Got the robot and luchador.

(Is it just me or does the lumberjack look like Lemmy from Motorhead?...)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:24 pm 
Knows his stuff

bnjmnrlyr wrote:

WTF?!?

It's definitely strange! I have quite a few Targets within driving distance here in Richmond VA. Most of them online showed as having the WW Jet and Manta Sub in stock at stores, but the 6 different Targets in Richmond I went to today only ONE store was set up with the new stuff!! All other stores were barren in the Imaginext isle. And they all show as "out of stock" online, even though they never put any out. Here's what I found out today at the one store that did have them:

They had 1)Manta Sub 2)WW Jet 3)Javelin. NO new single packs of figures!!

When looking at the new Imaginext "display tube" that shows the various figures of the lines, they had the new Superman, Darkseid, and Green Arrow displayed in the tube and above their heads it said "Target Exclusive"!! So, even though their actual packages don't say TARGET EXCLUSIVE on them at least the 3 I mentioned will be! I really would venture to guess that any of these items that have the JUSTICE LEAGUE logo on them will probably be Target Exclusives, considering Target has been heavily promoting their JL stuff (online and in-store).

So, from the backs of these packs, we know for sure we will be getting:
1)Superman & Darkseid - Superman is lighter in color than the previous
2)Green Arrow w/ Arrow Launcher
3)Green Lantern w/ B'dg - Green Lantern and B'dg both appear to be darker repaints.
4)Gorilla Grodd
5)Flash/Aquaman - Flash is a repaint and Aquaman has the proper coloring on his legs now.
6)Red Tornado/Cyborg - Cyborg has a 'gun arm' instead of his right hand.

Other variatons: The Javelin Batman figure is a darker blue than the one w/ the Batcave. Wonder Woman w/ the Jet is also colored different than the first release figure.

All the Toys R Us stores I saw today had the 'Mystery figure' baggies and also all of the new 'rescue' stuff like the helicopter, police bike, bad guy chopper, etc.

Hope this helps! Happy hunting all!!
Rick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:40 pm 
Knows his stuff

So, I have a few of these "mystery bagged" figures. I was wondering how you all would feel about maybe starting a 'trade' list for these guys?! Here's a list of the extras I have:
1)Yellow Robot x2
2)Green Alien x2
3)Wrestler
4)Royal Guard
5)Race Car Driver

I'm looking for multiples of the James Bond spy-guy in Tux. I would be willing to trade any TWO of the figures above for ONE spy!!

If you guys think this is a good/bad idea please post your opinions here. Maybe we can all help each other out.

Rick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:43 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Hey Rick, I just replied to your PM ........I would like two of those extra guys you picked up today. Do you think you would be able to go back and grab ANY of the vehicles for me ?

Im really HATING be overseas right now but I do appreciate all your help my friend

D's

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:45 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Found Bizarro and Luthor/Black-suit Supes today at TRU. No sign of the Luthor robot, but still...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 220  Next