Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3832 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 ... 256  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:27 am 
Knows his stuff

Took a couple of snapshots from new Target setup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:37 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I'm fairly certain they are locked to the base same as the Skylander and Disney Infinity figures are.

You aren't alone in hoping that one of these companies wises up and makes the figures detachable for use as basic everyday action figures though.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:39 am 
Cold-cast

HOT.........thanks but you are making me MORE HOME SICK :P

D's

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:41 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Superman looks like he's sporting a nice Errol Flynn 'stache and goatee in that picture.

I know he isn't because I have the figure, but in that pic ... Swashbucklin' Supes it is!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:00 am 
Knows his stuff

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Superman looks like he's sporting a nice Errol Flynn 'stache and goatee in that picture.

:lol: :lol: Haha... and you know, its funny you mention that. Errol Flynn's Robin Hood came out in 1938....the same year that Superman was born!! :wink:

I know its been said before, but if you notice in my pic of the 'target tube' the Joker, Batcave Batman, Hawkman, and Two-face are under the label of "DC Super Friends" and have always been available everywhere. Manta, Supes/Darkseid, and Arrow are all under the "Justice League" label and say "only at Target". So it's safe to say that if any figures or playsets have the "Justice League" logo on it then most likely it will be a Target exclusive! I haven't seen the packaging mock-ups for the GL repaints or Aquaman/Flash repaints, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they'll be Target only...especially considering they are showing up on back of the boxes of items that are Target exclusives (such as the Javelin, etc)! PLUS... the Target exclusive Javelin states "fits all 7 JLA members" and those particular figures round out the JLA roster.
So, the question remains...WHERE will Brainiac show up? I would guess that since the Superman stuff has prominently been at Walmart (though not exclusive) he may show up there first, but may not be an exclusive anywhere.
And I have NO idea if this new Batman w/ Space Pack will be exclusive to any store or not. I got mine online but the pics don't show the box, so I don't know if there's any particular logo on it. And fisher-price.com has been known to sell items online that are exclusive to a certain store (like toys r us).

Here's the current NEW 52 Justice League Line-Up and why I say that those new upcoming figures would be Target exclusive:
1)Batman (ships with Target exclusive Javelin)
2)Superman (Target exclusive w/ Darkseid)
3)Wonder Woman (Target exclusive w/ Jet)
4)Cyborg (Target exclusive w/ Red Tornado)
5)Aquaman (new repaint w/ Flash...probable Target exclusive)
6)Flash (new repaint w/ Aquaman...probable Target exclusive)
7)Green Lantern (new repaint w/ B'dg repaint...probable Target exclusive)

So even though there's been other Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Cyborg, Aquaman, Green Lantern, and Flash figures, they are not all still easily/readily available at retail prices, nor have they all been done in the NEW 52 style. If you look hard you can still find most of them (except perhaps Cyborg) but I think Target is putting out their own exclusive versions of NEW 52 styled characters to go with their Javelin and (hopefully) more upcoming playsets. They've been promoting JUSTICE LEAGUE for a while now in many ways in their stores and online, all of which has been using NEW 52 designs.

Rick

PS... I did notice in one Target today they had a nice mixture of some older and harder to find (for some) figures. Mixed in with the new stuff I saw 1 each of Aquaman, Superman/WW, Joker/Harley, and a Flash/Hawkman set. Still not sure why Croc's have always been so elusive here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:56 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

First of all I'm sorry for the size of my pics. I had to temporarily use photobucket. I'm not a fan.

We finally got the new figures in the Shelbyville Indiana area. My wife and I decided to buy them for my son for Christmas. When my son realized the new figures were available he got all excited until we told him we didn't have the money right now. Hopefully he'll forgive us once he opens his Christmas gifts. :lol:

While we were waiting He and I decided to work on a project we'd been toying with for awhile plastic man. The hardest part was attaching the happy meal toy's legs to the imaginext body.

On a different not is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the Imaginext city burglar was just aching to be turned into a Ghost Rider?.......

....Or is it just me?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:38 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Wow, great custom Ghost Rider Larry! I'm new to this line and this thread and the 147 pages are a bit daunting so if my question has already been answered, please forgive me. Does anyone have a definitive list of the figures/sets that have been released? I would love to have some sort of checklist while I'm out hunting. Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:47 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Home run with that Ghost Rider :mrgreen:

Darksun - Its not everything but this is a good place to start

http://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/brand ... er_Friends

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:01 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Thanks for the link Deckard!

Some of the early pictures from this thread show figures that I just picked up today. This thread is almost 5 years old... are they still producing the same figures since 2008?!? It's hard for me to believe that I'm finding "originals" from back then.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:04 pm 
Knows his stuff

darksun wrote:
Wow, great custom Ghost Rider Larry! I'm new to this line and this thread and the 147 pages are a bit daunting so if my question has already been answered, please forgive me. Does anyone have a definitive list of the figures/sets that have been released? I would love to have some sort of checklist while I'm out hunting. Thanks in advance!

Welcome Darksun! I'm actually going to put together a checklist soon of all Dc Imaginext (complete with pics). In the meantime, someone else asked for a checklist the other day and I listed the characters made so far (off the top of my head). You can see it on page 143 of this thread. Happy collecting! Rick

Ps.. to answer your question.. a lot of things from several years ago can still be found at retail! They may be painted differently, bundled with other items, etc, but mattel is pretty good about releasing them for the most part. Some things unfortunately are never seen at retail and go for crazy ebay prices.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:06 am 
Tis' but a pup

rickwj324 wrote:
Welcome Darksun! I'm actually going to put together a checklist soon of all Dc Imaginext (complete with pics). In the meantime, someone else asked for a checklist the other day and I listed the characters made so far (off the top of my head). You can see it on page 143 of this thread. Happy collecting! Rick

Cool, I was working on the same idea... I missed your post previously, but if you want any of my design files I started with we could work on it together?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:48 am 
Cold-cast

I'm glad you both are putting/working on a series list, I know there are a lot of figures/vehicles and play sets that have been released

......this will help me figure out HOW much $$ I'm going to spend !!!

D's

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:39 am 
Tis' but a pup

to_count wrote:
I'm glad you both are putting/working on a series list, I know there are a lot of figures/vehicles and play sets that have been released

D's

Mine was just figures, at the moment, but I wouldn't mind adding vehicles and playsets, too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:06 pm 
Knows his stuff

jojomanzo wrote:
to_count wrote:

D's

Mine was just figures, at the moment, but I wouldn't mind adding vehicles and playsets, too.

I have one of every figure loose (on display) as well as every figure and playset still boxed/carded (only missing 2 pieces...and I will use stock photos for them). I'm going to start taking pics of everything soon and creating a checklist page for it all. This is only for the DC Imaginext stuff. I'm hoping to be able to detail all the differences (such as paint variants, etc). Stay tuned... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:18 am 
Cold-cast

Rick, you are the man (I think I've told you that already !!)

All I have to say to that is.............you HAVE more time on your hands than I do, cant wait to see it

D's

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3832 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 ... 256  Next