Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151 ... 270  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:24 am 
Knows his stuff

to_count wrote:
Rick, you are the man (I think I've told you that already !!)

All I have to say to that is.............you HAVE more time on your hands than I do, cant wait to see it

D's

I WISH!!! Haha!! With a 4 year old and a 1 year old (turning 1 next week..yay!) it's hard to do anything sometimes. I work 13 hour days and spend 2 hours a day on the road commuting... however my workday is only 3 days a week so I do have some down time!! :wink: Unfortunately my health has me in and out of the hospital quite a bit.... but that's for another topic!! :(

I actually sat up late last night working on some stuff... pics coming soon! :mrgreen:

Post subject: I thought the same thing
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:17 am 
PVC

Larry wrote:
On a different not is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the Imaginext city burglar was just aching to be turned into a Ghost Rider?.......

....Or is it just me?

I thought the same thing. Looks like your turned out great.

Post subject: Re: I thought the same thing
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:43 am 
Knows his stuff

Big IV wrote:
Larry wrote:
On a different not is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the Imaginext city burglar was just aching to be turned into a Ghost Rider?.......

....Or is it just me?

I thought the same thing. Looks like your turned out great.

Definitely an awesome Ghost Rider! Kudos!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:47 pm 
Knows his stuff

So.. on the UK Toys R Us site they list the Riddler Biplane as "Sold in Stores". Can any of our UK mates confirm whether or not these are still available there? If so, I'd definitely be willing to pick up and trade some of our Target exclusives for the biplane!! :wink:

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys/Cars-and-Trains/Cars-and-Playsets/Imaginext-Batman-The-Riddler-BiPlane(0083237)?searchPosition=0

Rick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:04 pm 
Knows his stuff

OK.. so I had a little free time this evening and decided to take some pics of the loose figures. This is a "work in progress" and will not be 100% complete as I don't have every "variant" loose. You will see more of them in the pictures of my still boxed/carded figures/vehicles/playsets.

Here's what I have so far. Keep in mind that MANY MANY other color variations exist, especially for the Batman figures!! All body styles are represented here, but not all of the variations of each are pictured.

Batman Lot #1 - 1st Style Batman figure (**other color variations exist, including a Canadian Exclusive that does NOT have the yellow oval symbol, only the black bat):

Batman Lot #2 - Motorcycle Helmet Batman, Pilot Batman, Bruce Wayne, New Style Batman (**too many variations to count on those Motorcycle Helmet and Pilot Batmans!)

Batman Lot #3 - Robin #1, Robin #2, Commissioner Gordon, Catwoman (**NOT PICTURED: 1)1st Robin had 2 variations: Long Sleeves and Short Sleeves. 2)A generic Imaginext Policeman came with the Gotham City Police Vehicle and is listed as a GCPD Officer)

Bat Villains #1 - Joker #1, Joker w/ Hat (Tank), Joker (New Style), Harley Quinn (**2 variations exist on Harley Quinn w/ opposite alternate red/black colors)

Bat Villains #2 - Riddler (w/ hat), Two-Face, Penguin, Killer Croc (**NOT pictured = Riddler without Hat)

Bat Villains #3 - Mister Freeze #1, Mister Freeze #2, Bane

Bat Villains #4 - Clayface

Justice League Lot #1 - Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, GL Hal Jordan (**NOT pictured = New 52 Wonder Woman from Invisible Jet)

Justice League Lot #2 - Red Tornado, Hawkman, Flash, Krypto

Justice League Lot #3 - Kilowog, B'dg, Cyborg #2, Cyborg #1

Superman Lot #1 - Superman #1, Superman #2, Superman #3, Superman Prime

Superman Lot #2 - Fortress Superman, Fortress Superman (w/o Cape), Zod, Bizarro

Super Villains Lot #1 - Lex Luthor #1, Lex Luthor #2, Black Manta, Darkseid

Super Villains Lot #2 - Gorilla Grodd

So.. I believe that's a good representation of all the characters released so far. Of course there are a couple of upcoming figs not out yet (like Brainiac and new Hal), but I'll have them soon and will add them to the picture list. If I forgot someone please let me know. I'm going to start pulling out my boxed items soon to catalog, take pics, and post.

--Rick

Last edited by rickwj324 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:41 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Great presentation. Missing new wonder woman though. Also what bow did u use for green arrow.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:59 pm 
Knows his stuff

martian MILFhunter wrote:
Great presentation. Missing new wonder woman though. Also what bow did u use for green arrow.

Thanks... yes I listed her as "not pictured new 52 wonder woman" right above the pic. I have her but she is still carded. My extra one that I will display loose is on its way from the same place where I bought my loose Brainiac, new Hal, and some other figs.

The bow was a playmobil accessory. I havent painted it green yet.

Rick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:38 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Nice pics. I do notice two missing. There is a Batman without the yellow oval (apparently a Canadian exclusive), was packed on a small card like the Target singles from a couple years back and the Gotham City Police Officer (granted, I'll give you that there is nothing specifically "Gotham" or even "DC" about him) from one of the TRU sets.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:39 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

There are also a few variants of GL Hal with at least 2 different Lantern bullet logos on his chest.

Don't necessarily need to add the pics if you make an "asterix note"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:58 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Rick......sweet, thanks for the pics !!

You have a few posted there that I dont have yet but SOOOOOOOOON..............

I thought I might add to your variant list:

Harley Quinn

D's

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:28 am 
Knows his stuff

Jim_Abell wrote:
Nice pics. I do notice two missing. There is a Batman without the yellow oval (apparently a Canadian exclusive), was packed on a small card like the Target singles from a couple years back and the Gotham City Police Officer (granted, I'll give you that there is nothing specifically "Gotham" or even "DC" about him) from one of the TRU sets.

Thanks Jim! Yeah, I have that one as well, but kept him in the box! I did order a loose one this week to put pics up with the others. I thought about the prison guard from the Gotham City van, but you're right, he had no markings or anything to separate him from any other Imaginext generic cop so I didn't add him. I'll put a note at the top though to mention him. And obviously things like that will be mentioned in detail when I do all of my boxed items! :wink:

I'm also aware of the 2 different symbols on GL's chest (and I think that's 1 variation that I don't have).

@To_Count: Thanks for the Harley pics...that's one variation I forgot about!

MY PICTURE LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED TO REFLECT ALL OF THESE SUGGESTIONS FROM YOU GUYS! KEEP 'EM COMING!! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:14 am 
Tis' but a pup

Do you count "winter" Batman amongst the "too many variations to count on those Motorcycle Helmet and Pilot Batmans?"

EDIT: Also, great list!! Thanks for taking the time...cool to see it all laid out like that.

Last edited by century89 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:16 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

rickwj324 wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:

Thanks Jim! Yeah, I have that one as well, but kept him in the box! I did order a loose one this week to put pics up with the others. I thought about the prison guard from the Gotham City van, but you're right, he had no markings or anything to separate him from any other Imaginext generic cop so I didn't add him. I'll put a note at the top though to mention him. And obviously things like that will be mentioned in detail when I do all of my boxed items! :wink:

I'm also aware of the 2 different symbols on GL's chest (and I think that's 1 variation that I don't have).

@To_Count: Thanks for the Harley pics...that's one variation I forgot about!

MY PICTURE LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED TO REFLECT ALL OF THESE SUGGESTIONS FROM YOU GUYS! KEEP 'EM COMING!! :wink:

Great list! There is another old version Robin variant that had long sleeves instead of short sleeves. I believe he came with the Robin cycle. There's also the Bat variants with the original Batwing (all black with orange visor) and the Batboat Batman - which looks like the Bat Copter Batman in yellow - but in a blue/grey.

Unfortunately, my son who is 5 turning 6 is starting to ween himself off of Imaginext and turning onto everything Star Wars (Jedi Force, Legos)...I want to buy all the new stuff...but I'm afraid it would go to waste. In fact, the other day I had asked him why he doesn't play with his Imaginext anymore...and he stated it's because he has "too much, and he doesn't know where to start"!!!! But he also eyed the Javelin at Target the other day and his eyes glazed over and he began to drool...talk about mixed signals!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:46 am 
Knows his stuff

@century89: Yes, I did count the "Winter Batman" amongst the MANY repaints of those initial Batman figures! Way too many of them!! I will focus more on him and the rest of those repainted Batmans when I cover all of my boxed sets, but just showing these loose figures I never bothered to collect them all loose. :wink:
@TredH20: Thanks for reminding me of the Robin variations! I meant to mention that when I wrote it up and forgot all about it!
Also...sorry to hear your little man is growing awsy from them..I gurss they all grow up sometime. Fortunately we already have and can choose to buy them if we want! Haha!
-Rick :wink:

Last edited by rickwj324 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:07 am 
Tis' but a pup

Also...is it just me or does that new Robin look a little too 'roided out to be the BOY wonder?

That would make a nice Nightwing repaint though...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151 ... 270  Next