Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3887 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 260  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:11 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I'm interested to know what those packs cost at retail and whether Brainiac is only available through Kohl's for the time being. That would suck.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:47 am 
Cold-cast

I checked Kolh's website and didn't find the packs at all.....got to love those people that some how gets their hands on figures WAY before they are in the stores !!!

D's

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:45 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Bit of a callback to an older post here, but a while back rickwj324 ran a contest and I won, entitling me to a free Robin cape. I finally shot some pictures of my Robin after adding Rick's cape (little fuzzy, but you get the idea):

Thanks again, Rick!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:23 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Oh, yeah, threw together a little JLU custom with an Imaginext head. I think it worked pretty well:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:46 am 
ABS

That custom Black Manta looks awesome. It works well, never been a fan of the oversized BM head. Within reason it is acceptable, but some helmets are just insane.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:38 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Finally went to Target in Fishers, Indiana and found Wonder Woman Invisible Jet, Black Manta and Sub, Red Tornado and Cyborg 2 pack and Darkseid and Superman 2 pack. Man did i hit the jackpot. I still have not found Brainiac though he has to be the chase figure we are all looking for. Has anyone seen Grodd or Green Arrow yet?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:47 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

fuzzyelf1 wrote:
Finally went to Target in Fishers, Indiana and found Wonder Woman Invisible Jet, Black Manta and Sub, Red Tornado and Cyborg 2 pack and Darkseid and Superman 2 pack. Man did i hit the jackpot. I still have not found Brainiac though he has to be the chase figure we are all looking for. Has anyone seen Grodd or Green Arrow yet?

Grodd and GA are the easiest to find around here. Tornado/Cyborg and Darkseid keep flying off the shelves.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:17 am 
Knows his stuff

All figures are now readily available at our Targets here in VA. Saw the last two pieces today (took a pic):

So all of the Targets in my area have been heavily stocking them all (Manta sub, WW Jet, Javelin, Supes/Darkseid, Green Arrow, Red Tornado/Cyborg, and Gorilla Grodd, as well as all the Rescue City stuff and others). **Why didn't Aquaman look like that to start with!!?? :?

The only piece left to find at retail is Brainiac. So far the only source I know of is those Kohl's 5 pack exclusives. I haven't been to a Kohl's lately, so I'm not sure if they are here yet or not. My guess is that he will eventually be released as a single figure (with tentacles accessory) later, perhaps showing up at Walmart (since most of the Superman stuff popped there first, or at Toys R Us). The Brainiac included in the Kohl's 5pk is missing the tentacles.

Cheers! Rick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:25 am 
Tis' but a pup

I spotted the Braniac 5 pack, and Bane 5 pack at Kohl's today. $25 + 25% off + whatever coupon I can dig up. Hopefully it is still there tonight.

Looks like a box of 6. 3 of each.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:34 am 
Knows his stuff

jojomanzo wrote:
I spotted the Braniac 5 pack, and Bane 5 pack at Kohl's today.

Good to hear! And for those interested in variants, that 5 pack with Robin in it contains the 'long sleeved' Robin. You don't see him as much as the short sleeved version.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:49 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Well, at least we get a proper Aquaman, and Flash is a variant. So is GL. I've already got B'dg, but I'll probably get another. I'm wondering when I can make time to hit a Kohl's.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:52 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I'll most likely pick up the Flash/Aquaman pack when I find it but I have no need or desire for a "movie" GL and another Bdg so I'll pass on that.

as for Brainiac ... I'll be hunting that one to be sure!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:29 am 
Knows his stuff

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I'll most likely pick up the Flash/Aquaman pack when I find it but I have no need or desire for a "movie" GL and another Bdg so I'll pass on that.

as for Brainiac ... I'll be hunting that one to be sure!

Yeah, the Movie Hal is pretty lame but I guess its cool to get B'dg if someone didn't want the Oa set. They should've done a Kilowog/B'dg 2pk instead. But this is Target's "exclusive" Hal. Since they released their exclusive Javelin and it states on the box that it seats "All 7 JL Members" I guess they wanted to produce 1 exclusive of each figure on their own (especially since the previous original versions of Flash and GL and even Superman may be harder to find in lots of areas now). Target has officially released their own exclusive 7:
1)Batman(comes w/ Javelin)
2)New 52 Superman (w/ Darkseid)
3)New 52 Wonder Woman (comes with Jet)
4)Cyborg (comes w/ Red Tornado)
5)Flash (comes with Aquaman)
6)Aquaman (comes with Flash)
7)Green Lantern (comes w/ B'dg)
The only ones that don't really fit (design-wise) are Batman and GL. They are not NEW 52 styled.

Brainiac is still a mystery as far as when/where the single will pop. My guess is Walmart/ToysRUs since they were Superman-centric with their releases.
The Kohl's 2 pack is a good alternative, but I'm disappointed that it doesn't have the tentacles accessory.

Rick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:16 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Sort of related since you guys are customizers...

The Scooby Doo Mystery Mates at TRU have just added a cool new twist-- they have just rereleased their monsters (Vampire, Wolfman, Zombie, Creeper, Mummy and Frankie (in 2 packs and a multipack)-- but with a cool new twist-- they all include one of 6 different removeable human heads - (each with a different sculpt) to put in place of the monster head so it looks like one of the Unmasked guys at the end of every episode-- Just thought it was a very novel and different idea-- the paint jobs are a bit haphazhard on the heads - but I believe you customizers may do amazing things with these...

4.99 for each 2 pack (one monster (plus the other head and a "monster trap". and either shaggy, fred or scooby)-- or 9.99 for the mutlipack-- which I think is three monsters and Shaggy (maybe scooby as well)-- plus the extras included in the 2 pack releases)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:28 pm 
Knows his stuff

stewbacca wrote:
Sort of related since you guys are customizers...

The Scooby Doo Mystery Mates at TRU have just added a cool new twist-- they have just rereleased their monsters (Vampire, Wolfman, Zombie, Creeper, Mummy and Frankie (in 2 packs and a multipack)-- but with a cool new twist-- they all include one of 6 different removeable human heads - (each with a different sculpt) to put in place of the monster head so it looks like one of the Unmasked guys at the end of every episode-- Just thought it was a very novel and different idea-- the paint jobs are a bit haphazhard on the heads - but I believe you customizers may do amazing things with these...

4.99 for each 2 pack (one monster (plus the other head and a "monster trap". and either shaggy, fred or scooby)-- or 9.99 for the mutlipack-- which I think is three monsters and Shaggy (maybe scooby as well)-- plus the extras included in the 2 pack releases)

Sounds awesome! Would like to see pics of them!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3887 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 260  Next