Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 259  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:41 am 
PVC

If you have a $10 off coupon from Khol's. A $19.XX set of Imaginext with Brainiac is only $9.XX starting this Wednesday.

That's where I will going this Wednesday evening after work.

Talos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:47 am 
Knows his stuff

talosman wrote:
If you have a $10 off coupon from Khol's. A $19.XX set of Imaginext with Brainiac is only $9.XX starting this Wednesday.

Talos

Those 5 packs of figures are $25 each (normal price). When I picked them both up, they were running a buy 1 get 1 50% off. So the 1st was $25, the 2nd was $12.50, then I used a 15% off coupon to further drop it down.

Out of the several Kohls that I've been to, I've only found 1 so far that had them. They had one of the Brainiac 5pk and 2 of the other 5pk. Good luck finding them! :wink:

Rick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:36 pm 
PVC

rickwj324 wrote:
talosman wrote:

Talos

Those 5 packs of figures are $25 each (normal price). When I picked them both up, they were running a buy 1 get 1 50% off. So the 1st was $25, the 2nd was $12.50, then I used a 15% off coupon to further drop it down.

Rick

They were at $25, but Khol's forever running sales on all items (not just toys) in their digital display, for example, $24.99 - > $19.XX

And my 15% coupon ends this Tuesday night, but my $10 off kicks in on Wednesday. So it will be $9.XX for me this Wednesday with the coupon.

Talos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:53 pm 
Knows his stuff

talosman wrote:
They were at $25, but Khol's forever running sales on all items (not just toys) in their digital display, for example, $24.99 - > $19.XX

And my 15% coupon ends this Tuesday night, but my $10 off kicks in on Wednesday. So it will be $9.XX for me this Wednesday with the coupon.

Talos

Yeah, I know what you mean about the digital displays showing them on sale, but when I picked mine up a week or two ago they were NOT on sale, they were 24.99 but had the "buy 1 get 1 50% off" sale going for them.
Hopefully you can score them at the price you mentioned...that would be awesome! Please let us know how it works out for ya! :D Also.. I mentioned this before, but if you don't have the long-sleeved Robin (which is pretty hard to find at retail now) he is in the other 5 pack!

I always get 2 of every figure, 1 to keep in package and 1 to display loose. I bought Brainiac loose on Ebay when he cropped up from China and I now have him in the 5 pack. I would like to get him when he comes out in a single pack (with tentacles). Hopefully he'll be showing up soon!! (and D... you know I got ya covered!! :wink: )

Rick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:43 pm 
Cold-cast

8)

D's

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:42 am 
ABS

I am all for the DC Imaginext love, heck I just bought Wonder Woman in her invisible jet and Aquaman but this is a sad day indeed. Is the Mattel forum going to be dedicated to Imaginext only??

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:06 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Wellllllll .......

It is kinda the only DC line going at the moment.

So, until the new lines start hitting in Spring 14, yeah, it kinda will be.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:19 am 
Knows his stuff

Superpowers1980 wrote:
I am all for the DC Imaginext love, heck I just bought Wonder Woman in her invisible jet and Aquaman but this is a sad day indeed. Is the Mattel forum going to be dedicated to Imaginext only??

I'm in my 40's and have owned many DC toylines starting with Mego's in the early 70's. I have to say that I've enjoyed collecting this Imaginext line just as much as any other toyline I've collected!! It started out as picking up a couple of pieces for my son and now I'm more into them than he is! It's fun to find new figs and accessories and it gives quality playtime with my little ones. My 1 year old is already showing interest in playing with his big brother's Imaginext toys! :wink:

It also has produced a number of figures comparable to the Super Powers line already (not even counting the various repaints or alternate versions of characters). Plus the amount of playsets available for them puts any other DC line to shame!! Batcaves, Fortress of Solitude, Joker's Playhouse, many batmobiles, batcopters, etc, and SO much more!! With Target's new Justice League line I think it's a matter of time before a Hall of Justice surfaces!

One other great thing about the line is you can get 2 figures for roughly $6-7. Pretty good deal if you ask me!!

Rick :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:06 am 
Knows his stuff

That last post got me thinking about how similar the two lines (Imaginext and Super Powers) are and I decided to make a comparison list of the figures. Here's what I found:

And the grand total is:
33 Super Powers figs and 33 Imaginext figs!! :lol:

If you were to add the Imaginext variants such as Pilot Batman, Superman Prime, or many others, than Imaginext would very much trump the Super Powers line. Then if you tried to compare the playsets, vehicles, etc, there would be no comparison! Imaginext for the win!! :lol: :lol:

I'm not knocking the SP line... I truly love that line and owned a good chunk of them. I'm simply comparing the two because I think they have a lot in common. They both have gimmicky action features, both are/were fairly easy to collect, and they both share similarities in their character selection. The Super Powers line is one of THE best lines to ever be produced. I think Imaginext can stand right next to it though, and although it was a line made for 3-8 year olds I think we have lots of adults that enjoy collecting them as much or more than the kiddies! :wink:

One last thing... how great would it be to get the rest of that Super Powers line done in Imaginext form??!! That, along with a Hall of Justice (that includes Marvin/Wendy or WonderTwins) would be A W E S O M E!!!!!!! They can take my money now!!

Rick :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:47 am 
Variant Head

How do I post a pic ? I just got a HUGE lot of Imaginext custom fodder like HUGE ! I wanted to post a pic and see if anybody could use it or trade for 6 inch fodder maybe. Can someone email how to post a pic ? Or maybe I can email you the pic to post ? I do not have a photobucket account or anything.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:49 am 
Knows his stuff

PBateman wrote:
How do I post a pic ? I just got a HUGE lot of Imaginext custom fodder like HUGE ! I wanted to post a pic and see if anybody could use it or trade for 6 inch fodder maybe. Can someone email how to post a pic ? Or maybe I can email you the pic to post ? I do not have a photobucket account or anything.

PM sent :wink:

--Rick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:28 pm 
Variant Head

Ok thanks to Rickwj324 here is the pic! There were a few more items I could not fit in the pic like 2 beds, a boat, and some other parts. Funny thing is all the ninjas have different color belts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:31 pm 
Knows his stuff

PBateman wrote:
Ok thanks to Rickwj324 here is the pic! There were a few more items I could not fit in the pic like 2 beds, a boat, and some other parts. Funny thing is all the ninjas have different color belts

You're quite welcome! They may want us to talk about trades/sells in the SWAP MEET forum... I'm definitely interested in some of these! --Rick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:57 am 
Cold-cast

I understand that this doesn't go here but......I would like to take a moment of silence for those that we lost 12 yrs ago.

D's
(Davis)

Proud to Serve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:29 pm 
Knows his stuff

to_count wrote:
I understand that this doesn't go here but......I would like to take a moment of silence for those that we lost 12 yrs ago.
D's
(Davis)

Proud to Serve

Thank you for your service D! It really is appreciated. 9/11 was tragic. I actually am from the DC area and worked at the pentagon for years. My office was on the 4th floor in the D ring where the plane hit. Fortunately I had left there about a year prior and was near the Dulles airport when it happened. Its something I think about a lot. I knew a lot of people that unfortunately were still there that day.

Rick

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 259  Next