Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3889 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166 ... 260  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:08 am 
Knows his stuff

I stopped by Walmart on my way to work this morning and found that they had restocked the Batcopter/Mr Freeze Jet 2pk and also the Batwing/Joker's Hauler 2pk. It's really weird seeing these stocked again as I know they weren't there last week at all. Don't know if they just found old stock in the back or if they are getting released again.

I'm pretty sure both of those were exclusive to Walmart.

Rick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:26 am 
Cold-cast

Rick.....how much was Mr. Freeze's Jet ?

D's

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:52 pm 
Knows his stuff

to_count wrote:
Rick.....how much was Mr. Freeze's Jet ?

D's

$24.99 for the 2 pack. It contains Freeze's Jet and the old Batcopter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:21 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

They've been restocking those at the Wal-Mart here in Shelbyville Indiana since they first came out. In fact they just restocked them with the rest of their Christmas toys last week. Then again I reiterate....... I live in the toy black hole of the universe. lol :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 pm 
ABS

rickwj324 wrote:
Superpowers1980 wrote:
Found Black Manta and his Sub this past Friday. It really is nice, didn't know it was a Target exclusive, glad I just happened into a Target. Also saw the Hawkman and Flash two pack, I already own Hawkman and I think Flash comes in another pack that with other figures I need.

Most of the newer goodies are "Target exclusive". Black Manta, WW Jet, Javelin, Darkseid/Supes 2pk, Green Arrow, Red Tornado/Cyborg 2pk, Gorilla Grodd, Green Lantern repaint 2pk, Flash/Aquaman repaint 2pk...all are Target. Anything with the "Justice League" logo will be from Target. Toys R Us has a exclusive line called "Gotham City". It's been out for quite some time though and I don't think they are producing anything new from that line. Non-exclusives are simply labeled "DC Super Friends".

You are correct..there are 2 Flash figures. The original "regular" version that came with Hawkman and the "New 52" version that comes with a repainted Aquaman. He's basically the same Flash only with some added lightning bolts on the suit. The Aquaman from that 2pk looks much better than the original one (more accurate colors).

Rick :D

Kool, I didn't know all of these were Target exclusives. I am not going to lie, I wanted to rip that display bar right off the shelves that had the new figures. I have to get the classic looking Aquaman. This is one major thing I hate about Mattel, they purposely create pointless variants to drive up collector sales, there is no reason Aquaman should have a variant,now I have to hunt for the classic version. Same deal with Superman...well he makes sense, but Wonder Woman and Flash.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:49 pm 
Knows his stuff

Superpowers1980 wrote:
Kool, I didn't know all of these were Target exclusives. I am not going to lie, I wanted to rip that display bar right off the shelves that had the new figures. I have to get the classic looking Aquaman. This is one major thing I hate about Mattel, they purposely create pointless variants to drive up collector sales, there is no reason Aquaman should have a variant,now I have to hunt for the classic version. Same deal with Superman...well he makes sense, but Wonder Woman and Flash.

If you are looking for the original Aquaman, he's available on fisher-price.com right now. He's also available on toysrus.com right now. I see him quite frequently in Target.

Rick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:59 pm 
Former King of Posts

rickwj324 wrote:
Most of the newer goodies are "Target exclusive".

Well, that explains a lot. Especially why I've seen these, but every time I go to Walmart they are nowhere to be seen. Time for another trip top Target.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:25 am 

Watching the god awful Batman and Robin movie with my son, it did get me thinking, how cool would a posion ivy Playset be.
It could have a large Venus fly trap to trap batman that could open and close with the turn of a pad. It would be a great introduction for one of batman iconic characters.
If you read this fisher-price make it, make it now!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:26 am 

Watching the god awful Batman and Robin movie with my son, it did get me thinking, how cool would a posion ivy Playset be.
It could have a large Venus fly trap to trap batman that could open and close with the turn of a pad. It would be a great introduction for one of batman iconic characters.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:49 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

UKimaginextfan wrote:

I would buy one of those, that would be cool. Very cool if they used some clear green plastic (Ala the Planet OA set). I'd be happy to see more female characters made.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:58 am 
PVC

rickwj324 wrote:
It's really weird seeing these stocked again as I know they weren't there last week at all. Don't know if they just found old stock in the back or if they are getting released again.
Rick

Christmas is coming. TRU and other toy stores are already looking toward the holiday--because Halloween and Thanksgiving don't make the big money. We should start seeing a lot of restocking, old stocking, and stocking stuffer fodder.

Post subject: Ditto to both
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:04 am 
PVC

Gary wrote:
UKimaginextfan wrote:

I would buy one of those, that would be cool. Very cool if they used some clear green plastic (Ala the Planet OA set). I'd be happy to see more female characters made.

This is a great idea all the way around. This line is leading the way with ImagiNext women, but it could still use more. Having a female character with a playset seems like the next step now that Wonder Woman has a vehicle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:29 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Ivy is probably top of the list for any female villians. If we do see more females I would guess we would see Batgirl or Supergirl before her. I can live with being wrong on that guess. If we do get more female characters Giganta in Grodd size would be nice along with Star Sapphire. Not going to hold my breath.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:09 pm 
Resin

So I'm a little late to the part because Target just opened here in Canada but I just discovered these with the newer bodies. I did a doublectake when I saw Darkseid/Superman and the GA w/ launcher and was amazed at seeing Red Tornado. Is this line worth getting into? Is there info on up coming figs or any indication of how long the line will last. I'm already into Lego Minifigs, Minimates and I miss the action league so this might fill the void. I'll be honest though, I'm having a tough time getting past the preschool aspect (please don't judge me)
I'm right on the fence and would love some convincing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:42 pm 

No Judgments here my friend welcome to the forum. This line is definitely worth getting into. I like some of the others here got into the Imaginext stuff for our kids. My son just loves this line. It wasn't until a few months after he started collecting that I began to realize I was getting just as excited about what was out or coming out as he was. The Preschool aspect of the line doesn't even phase me as it's such a great bunch of items. As for figs coming out or already out I've found this forum to be the best source of information for that. So welcome aboard and hope you decide to stick around.

Larry

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3889 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166 ... 260  Next