Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170 ... 265  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:15 pm 
Knows his stuff

Mrinvincible wrote:
Very usefull photo record. Is the Bane the black light venom Bane or the regular Bane? That is a photo missing. Bane under the black light. Thanks for the update on the neil and bonez. My targets must be a bit of crap, maybe a whole lot of crap. I was hoping to avoid FP due to the price. Thanks.

Mrinvincible..thx for pointing out the Bane variant. I pulled out 3 more Banes in my collection before finding one that lit up! I'm going to update the pic to reflect that and also add a Bruce Wayne with cowl on.

Rick

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:21 pm 
ABS

on the blind bagged figures, is there a code or something to figure out whats inside the package? I mean, besides feeling out the packages?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:55 pm 
Cold-cast

CJF28 wrote:
on the blind bagged figures, is there a code or something to figure out whats inside the package? I mean, besides feeling out the packages?

..........I got something that might HELP you find the figures you might be looking for

There is a small 2 digit number of the back of the packages, in the upper left. Happy hunting, this should make it a little easier.

14 - Royal Guard
15 - Scuba Guy
16 - Alien Overlord
17 - Ricky Bobby
18 - Rey Mysterio
19 - James Bond
20 - Paper Towel Guy
21 - The Mummy
22 - European Football
23 - Friendly Terminator

Hope this HELPS !!

D's

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:10 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
There is a small 2 digit number of the back of the packages, in the upper left. Happy hunting, this should make it a little easier.

And remember the code is embossed into the plastic of the package, NOT printed on there. It can be a little tricky to make out the numbers on some of them, because the number dies don't always punch cleanly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:24 am 
ABS

Found a bunch on the shelves this past weekend, and bought the following:

Red Tornado and Cyborg
Superman with Classic Wonder Woman
Superman with Darkseid

Had to pass on the packs with Classic Aquaman, Classic Flash, and Green Arrow. I am really annoyed with Mattel's play on collectors, the color variants are there only to entice collectors. You are almost always forced to buy figures you already have.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:46 am 
Cold-cast

Green Arrow is not a repaint.........unless I missed something !!!

Or did you mean Green Lantern ?

(but I do agree with you on that point)

D's

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:25 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I can be unhappy about the repaints or look at the repaints as a gift to some kid. This way I spend so much for me and so much for them from each package. Makes me happier, them happier, and the world a lot a brighter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:30 pm 
ABS

thats exactly what I do as well. If I already have one of hte figures from the two packs, I put it in the toybox for my nephew when he comes over. He has a batcave and a batwing, so he loves playing with the figures as well.

Now that Ihave the Red Tornado/Cyborg 2 pack, Im finding the Cyborg TRU exclusive all over the place

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:26 pm 
Tis' but a pup

The Aquaman 2-pack doesn't make much sense to me since they're still shipping the original set. Why not just "fix" the original release into proper Classic?

That, and why a minimal design change to Flash when it could have just as easily been Reverse Flash?

I bought the Hawkman/Flash set - which has a packaging variant of all things - so if I want Aquaman, it's going to be the original release. I'm not a purist.

And it took me a few visits to Target to realize that's not a paint scratch on Green Arrow's mask.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:30 am 
ABS

To_Count, I wasn't stating that GA was a repaint but rather which ones I was forced to leave on the shelf due to lack of funds. Hopefully I can find him again this weekend.

I never thought about giving them as gifts, thanks for the ideas fellas.

Orangeraptor, that Aquaman is one of the most absurd things I have ever seen. You are right, the Flash should of just been Reverse Flash.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:43 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I managed to find Brainiac at the Target near me (Norman, Ok), in fact I picked up the rest of the new ones the kids didn't have yet. Some of the latest ones didn't ring up , one of the managers said they may not have been supposed to be on the shelves yet.

As for the repaint thing, I think a few different factors come into play. FP has been notorious about repaints in this line however, sometimes it comes down to DC possibly demanding the figures be more in line with the current look of their product. The new52 outfits may be part of this, also including characters like Darkseid, who to be honest, I had barely heard of since I haven't read the comics since I was a kid.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:36 pm 
Knows his stuff

orangeraptor wrote:
The Aquaman 2-pack doesn't make much sense to me since they're still shipping the original set. Why not just "fix" the original release into proper Classic?

That, and why a minimal design change to Flash when it could have just as easily been Reverse Flash?

I bought the Hawkman/Flash set - which has a packaging variant of all things - so if I want Aquaman, it's going to be the original release. I'm not a purist.

And it took me a few visits to Target to realize that's not a paint scratch on Green Arrow's mask.

Target has their own exclusive line of Imaginext toys titled "Justice League" and primarily they are designed with the New52 in mind. Their exclusive Javelin states that it fits "All 7 members of the Justice League" which in New52 continuity is: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman. The Javelin comes with Batman and Target has released exclusive packs of "Justice League" members to round out the 7 members for their exclusive Javelin. So their exclusive figures are:
1)Batman (comes with Javelin, though his suit isn't really New52-look)
2)Superman (comes in the Darkseid 2pk)
3)Wonder Woman (New 52 style comes with the Invisible Jet)
4)Cyborg (comes with Red Tornado)
5)Flash (comes with Aquaman 2pk)
6)Aquaman (comes with Flash 2pk)
7)Green Lantern (comes w/ B'dg...doesn't really look New52 though?)

So, I believe that all of these releases are Targets way of making their own "Justice League" exclusive figures.

--Rick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:42 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Mrinvincible wrote:
I can be unhappy about the repaints or look at the repaints as a gift to some kid. This way I spend so much for me and so much for them from each package. Makes me happier, them happier, and the world a lot a brighter.

I like the variants, they give us collectors an extra reason to spend our hard earned cash on this range. but also as a parent who has a child that pretty much plays with his imaginext toys exclusively, it keeps his interest and allows more imaginative play time, which for me is what a childhood should be about. it is magical just to watch my 4yo son play, for example he has superman from the wonderwoman 2 pack and the one that comes with the fortress of solitude, and in his mind the one without the cape is superboy.

so long live the the variants, but let there be more new unique pieces too, especially let there be a Posion Ivy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:34 am 
Tis' but a pup

Costco had two Imaginext DC exclusive bundles. None of the figures were different just special price/packaging

$24.99 for either
1. Superman Fortress playset WITH Lex Luthor Robot Suit
2. Batman Jail WITH HelicopterImage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:40 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Superpowers1980 wrote:
Found a bunch on the shelves this past weekend, and bought the following:

Red Tornado and Cyborg
Superman with Classic Wonder Woman
Superman with Darkseid

Had to pass on the packs with Classic Aquaman, Classic Flash, and Green Arrow. I am really annoyed with Mattel's play on collectors, the color variants are there only to entice collectors. You are almost always forced to buy figures you already have.

Welcome to action figure collecting! :lol:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170 ... 265  Next