Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3827 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231 ... 256  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:24 am 
Cold-cast

JJonah wrote:
Last summer, I was able to find the Imaginext Robin Motorcycle at TRU, so I hope that doesn't happen at my local store. I would still like the Batman ATV.

I think that motorcycle is shipping again. I was at my local Target looking for Poison Ivy/Scarecrow & I saw that Robin/motorcycle pack.

to_count wrote:
....and I THANK YOU !!!!

:D

I toldcha.......you'll be collecting these "Little" guys soon.......I wish you would have told me about Darth, I could have sent him with the package I just shipped out !!!

No worries, I'll send him later...........send me a wish list (other than Catwoman....I know about her) and I'll see what I have in my stash. My son has now made a complete 360 turn about the Super Hero stuff (he wanted the collection back....... :P YEAH RIGHT !!!), so I had pulled out about 50x figures and 5 play-sets that I had extra (stashed away for customizing) and gave them to him last weekend. The stash is a little smaller now but I might have something that you might need/want

I have Playskool / Playmobil / ImagiNext figures........just let me know my friend !!!

D's

Not a problem & you're welcome. They only thing is now that got me wrapped up in collecting these things.....lol

Didn't you see my post from awhile back. I got a Catwoman & Clayface. Found them at my local Target because they are shipping again.

I'll get a list together of the things I'm looking for. It's not going to be a big list. I don't really need all that much.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:33 am 
Knows his stuff

Clayface wrote:
I'll get a list together of the things I'm looking for. It's not going to be a big list. I don't really need all that much.

Hey Clayface! I've got lots of Imaginext extras so if there's something you need I may be able to help ya as well. Feel free to hit me up with a list anytime.

I'm always willing to help out fellow collectors here... :D

Rick

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:03 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I still say that scalpers are a sign of a healthy toy line. Strange as it may be, fisher price has produced the definitive DC toy line of a generation. In 20 years we can all meet back up on eBay and bankroll our retirements by selling them off to 20 something's trying to buy back their childhood, just like did with superpowers and He-man.

Hey Rick, love the adventure people pic, are they yours or did you just find a pic online somewhere? Cuz if you managed to hang onto them all this time you are a superhero my friend!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:56 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Woohoo! Finally found Poison Ivy/Scarecrow! And for some reason it rang up as $6.89 instead of the $7.99 that Target generally charges.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:10 am 
Knows his stuff

KryptoFred wrote:
I still say that scalpers are a sign of a healthy toy line. Strange as it may be, fisher price has produced the definitive DC toy line of a generation. In 20 years we can all meet back up on eBay and bankroll our retirements by selling them off to 20 something's trying to buy back their childhood, just like did with superpowers and He-man.

Hey Rick, love the adventure people pic, are they yours or did you just find a pic online somewhere? Cuz if you managed to hang onto them all this time you are a superhero my friend!

Haha..nope, I haven't had these toys since the early 80's (I'm sure my mom pitched 'em in the trash at some point). They were fun little toys though. I had the rescue vehicle, a stunt plane, and a rescue copter.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:47 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Quote:
It's true though, right? Frankly, I'm just glad someone has finally managed to succeed with DC's heroes! JUL was great for what it was, but at that scale there is no excuse for such limited articulation and no vehicales or playsets. Especially when they're hanging in the same aisle and at the same time as GI Joe and Marvel Universe. Plus at this size and when combined with the other lines the playablity skyrockets! What little boy (and many girls) hasn't wanted Superman to fight a t-rex? Or Batman to speed to help the police? Or Green Lantern to resuce a space ship!? Imaginext is brilliant in every aspect and pretty unique in todays market (does anyone else remember adventure people?) so it's popularity really shouldn't be a surprise. It's almost a sad commentary on toy makers that it did surprise us. Then again, it could be our own fault for demanding such high end toys marketed directly at collectors that we forgot about play time.

Its pretty amazing that imaginext has better articulation than JLU. You know I really forgot the importance of playsets and vehicles. This past weekend my kids got a bunch of hand me down Star Wars and GI Joe stuff and they have been playing non stop with them since they got it. Funny thing is they don't know anything about GI Joe but they love the toys. The Joe Hovercraft and Ewok village are the biggest hits around here now. I gotta admit its pretty awesome seeing them playing with the same stuff we did as kids.

The closest thing they have today is that True Heroes line in TRU.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:51 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I saw the Justice League 7-pack at Target, and while it's infinitely better than what Kohl's tried to pass off for $25, there were just too many paint issues on each set.
Still no Scarecrow set, but if push comes to shove it's back up in the FP store.

But I still found some good stuff, and it turned into a cyclops theme.

Grabbed the Spongebob-theme Plankton & Chumbot at TRU with a 20% off coupon making him $6.39

Then Kohl's had an extra 15% off whatever their sale price already was, so grabbed the Ion Crab and Ion Scorpion for $5.09 apiece.

I'm really impressed by the Chumbot. Great color scheme, and it towers.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:50 pm 

Imaginext singles have been reduced again at TRU, they are now $1.49 each.

Also saw the new Gotham City series Joker and armor suit. Kinda cool, passed for now but will grab it later.

Please visit:
http://blog.gangustars.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Everything-GanguStars/540460266069005

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:07 pm 
Wonderdog

Any pics of the Joker w/battle suit?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:40 pm 

Webslinger wrote:
Any pics of the Joker w/battle suit?

Posted a pic on Facebook here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Everythi ... 0266069005

It's pretty neat, recolor from older mold.

Please visit:

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:22 am 

rickwj324 wrote:
Haha..nope, I haven't had these toys since the early 80's (I'm sure my mom pitched 'em in the trash at some point). They were fun little toys though. I had the rescue vehicle, a stunt plane, and a rescue copter.

That's to bad, mine all got tossed too. I had a van and a pontoon boat and a few others but my favorite was the motorcycle and rider.

Deckard wrote:
Its pretty amazing that imaginext has better articulation than JLU. You know I really forgot the importance of playsets and vehicles. This past weekend my kids got a bunch of hand me down Star Wars and GI Joe stuff and they have been playing non stop with them since they got it. Funny thing is they don't know anything about GI Joe but they love the toys. The Joe Hovercraft and Ewok village are the biggest hits around here now. I gotta admit its pretty awesome seeing them playing with the same stuff we did as kids.

The closest thing they have today is that True Heroes line in TRU.

The vehicles and playsets do help make imaginext awesome but in my opinion what really sets it above all the others is the citizens! I've never collected a toy line with so many "normal" people, whole cities of them! Banks to rob, fires to set, police and firemen to serve and people to protect. Plus aliens and space ships and shuttles and dinosaurs and cavemen and robots! It's never ending fun for me and my kids and it just keeps expanding. Lego and Playmobile have a similar advantage but not the same charm for me, and the pricetag for Lego puts it a bit outta reach, for me anyway.

Gangu Stars wrote:
Also saw the new Gotham City series Joker and armor suit. Kinda cool, passed for now but will grab it later.

I haven't seen it in hand yet but the pics I've seen are kinda meh. I'd like to see one that's really big and gaudy, something completely over-the-top to really represent Joker. I do like how FP takes advantage of all it's molds and finds clever ways to reuse stuff though.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:08 am 
Resin

I picked up the new Joker Mech Suit today. I was going to pass on it then I remembered how difficult it was to find the Batman Mech Suit a while back when it was released. I had only seen that one once on the shelf and it was the one I bought. I figured my son and my own inner child would never let me live it down if this one shapes up to be just as hard to find. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:35 pm 

I like the new Joker suit, not great but not bad. If we think about re-issues, I'd like to see:

* GL/Robin Jet repainted as a new Lex-Soar7 type jet.
* The Hornet stinger repainted as a new Blue Beetle aircraft
* Planet Oa playset repainted as Apokolips with (Parademon/Paradrone figure)
* Green Arrow could use one of the motorcycles
* Toy Story soldier could be a great Sgt. Rock

I don't know what are your guys thoughts or ideas?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:25 pm 

dcdadcollects wrote:
I like the new Joker suit, not great but not bad. If we think about re-issues, I'd like to see:
* Toy Story soldier could be a great Sgt. Rock

One of the customs I have in the works. Got those Toy Story guys on clearance some time back just haven't finished him up.

Please visit:

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:12 pm 

How cool would that be. I would love to see that when your done. Please post it. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3827 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231 ... 256  Next