Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 415, 416, 417, 418, 419  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:11 am 
Tis' but a pup

geoffdude wrote:
#39 = Yeti Snowboarder
#40 = Post-Apocalyptic Mutant
#41 = Grim Reaper
#42 = Invisible Man
#43 = Boxer
#44 = Shark-Pirate

Congrats on finding these .. I've yet to locate them in my area.

Regards,

geoff

Thanks for the codes.

Managed to find a Batman Beyond at my local Target.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:34 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Wen t I my local Kohl’s today and found 5 of the 6. Missed the Yeti snowboarder (of course the one I wanted most). Going to keep my eyes open in case I run to a restock in the next few weeks.

Now I just need to find the 2 I’m missing from series 8 and I’m caught up again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:01 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Stumpy wrote:
For hose in the uk was in smyths Llandudno today and they have lots of the Shazam sets, killing joke vehicle but no teen titans or blind bag series 3 unfortunately.

OooH I must take a look for the Shazam. The lack of Teen Titans is frustrating, I was sure they'd be released here as the Christmas stock was rolled out but if they aren't here by now I'm not holding out much hope. We have the Beast Boy set on it's way to my son for his 5th birthday this week, as a gift from a relative in Canada. So that will be exciting when it arrives. But will almost certainly pre-empt requests for the rest of the Titans and the Tower.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:57 pm 
3 3/4"

Found series 9, took me 4 different Kohl's but finally got the last one I needed today. Still have to find series 8 figures.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:11 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

AllyB wrote:
Stumpy wrote:
For hose in the uk was in smyths Llandudno today and they have lots of the Shazam sets, killing joke vehicle but no teen titans or blind bag series 3 unfortunately.

OooH I must take a look for the Shazam. The lack of Teen Titans is frustrating, I was sure they'd be released here as the Christmas stock was rolled out but if they aren't here by now I'm not holding out much hope. We have the Beast Boy set on it's way to my son for his 5th birthday this week, as a gift from a relative in Canada. So that will be exciting when it arrives. But will almost certainly pre-empt requests for the rest of the Titans and the Tower.

There may be a solution - if quick can import all teen titans except Raven for some reason via Amazon.com's global shipping programme.

To get the beast boy set, robin set, star fire figure, cyborg figure, and batman beyond came to £40 plus £22 shipping so still cheaper than buying from uk - if even ever released.

Have used it loads of times with no problems!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:15 pm 
not exactly street legal

Bought Shazam for my son today

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:38 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Found the Joker Jack-in-the-box truck and Shazam! Sets at my local TRU this morning. If you haven’t found them yet go make a run.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:04 am 
Tis' but a pup

Found Shazam at my local Target this weekend. Still a lot of Teen Titans Go and Yeti figures, but hopefully things will expand as we get closer to the holiday.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:54 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Ya know... with Imaginext doing all of the homage characters in the blind bags and with the line sort of being this generation's Adventure People I'm kind of surprised that there haven't been figures made of some of the more out-there Adventure People like X-Ray Man...

Is that something you guys would be in for?...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:09 am 
PVC

Jim_Abell wrote:
Ya know... with Imaginext doing all of the homage characters in the blind bags and with the line sort of being this generation's Adventure People I'm kind of surprised that there haven't been figures made of some of the more out-there Adventure People like X-Ray Man...

Is that something you guys would be in for?...

Funny you should mention this, I did concept art a while back with this same idea. I agree with you 100% that Imaginext should do an Adventure People set. I think your idea of using the blind bags would be a perfect venue for them as well.

Here is what I came up with a few years ago. Keep it mind I was still early with my digital design skills at the time. Since I've been in college since, I believe I would do a much better job now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:55 am 
Loose, Missing Package

LOL! Those are great, man!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:51 pm 
Santos L. Halper

I also found Shazam at Target this weekend. I'm not really thrilled by this interpretation of the character, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:24 am 
Tis' but a pup

Bryan Long wrote:
I also found Shazam at Target this weekend. I'm not really thrilled by this interpretation of the character, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

I agree - not my favorite version of the character either. I would like to see a more toned-down figure, much more in line with the older Superman figures. Maybe even a two-pack with Billy Batson. But with the way they keep churning out new versions of the characters, it could very well happen.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:11 am 
Santos L. Halper

Quote:
Maybe even a two-pack with Billy Batson.

That would be great, actually. I'd like an old-school Captain Marvel, no hood, beady little dots for eyes, cuffed boots, yellow lightning bolt, etc. Billy would be cool, especially if they put together some kind of "lightning" transformer that spins from Billy to Cap when you push down on a lightning bolt or something. I'd rather have that than the tiger (is it supposed to be Tawky Tawny?).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:41 am 
Tis' but a pup

Bryan Long wrote:
Quote:
Maybe even a two-pack with Billy Batson.

That would be great, actually. I'd like an old-school Captain Marvel, no hood, beady little dots for eyes, cuffed boots, yellow lightning bolt, etc. Billy would be cool, especially if they put together some kind of "lightning" transformer that spins from Billy to Cap when you push down on a lightning bolt or something. I'd rather have that than the tiger (is it supposed to be Tawky Tawny?).

Agreed. Maybe once the movie comes out we'll see a different version. A transformation-type device would be very nice...also something for them to consider for a future Clark Kent figure so he can quick change into Superman. I think the tiger is supposed to be Tawky Tawny, or at least a reimagined version. The comics snob in me wants to dislike it, but there is something pretty cool about a giant tiger that shoots lightning bolts. Reminded me a bit of Battle Cat...and it impressed the heck out of my son, so there's that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 415, 416, 417, 418, 419  Next