Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 431, 432, 433, 434, 435, 436, 437 ... 440  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:13 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

redrobin wrote:
If anybody knows of anybody who makes imaginext customs that takes commissions please send me a pm. I have a few SpongeBob SquarePants customs I would like made. Thanks so much :)

I can't send PMs yet. :/ What'd you have in mind? I might be able to do it once I get all the things I need. I would only charge for materials. And I'd need to borrow a Spongebob, don't have any on hand.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:40 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Ooze Pit review...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEkLEapJ7Lg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:06 am 
Fugitive Dust

Kheper wrote:
redrobin wrote:
If anybody knows of anybody who makes imaginext customs that takes commissions please send me a pm. I have a few SpongeBob SquarePants customs I would like made. Thanks so much :)

I can't send PMs yet. :/ What'd you have in mind? I might be able to do it once I get all the things I need. I would only charge for materials. And I'd need to borrow a Spongebob, don't have any on hand.

That is very kind of you. I really appreciate that. I was wanting customs of Mrs. Puff, Pearl, Larry the Lobster and Squilliam Fancyson. Squilliam would be the easiest to do. I can find a Squidward figure on e-bay and have him sent to you. The others would involve more work. It's okay if there's a certain character you don't want to do because they involve too much work and sculpting. You can e-mail me if you want and we can discuss this further. Thanks very much!

Last edited by redrobin on Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:45 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Yikes, yeah those will be some pretty complicated ones since all of them except Squilliam would require full sculpts and unique molds. I can do it, but I'm pretty sure it'll cost a lot in materials. I'm sure a 3D printer could make them inexpensively, but unfortunately I don't have one so I gotta do everything old-school. -_- I saved your email and I'll send you something now, you might wanna edit it out of your post to evade spambots.

Once I finish with the unique-mold Imaginext figures I'm working on I'll have a good idea what the supply cost is to make a figure from scratch (spoiler alert: a lot). If I had to estimate based on silicone and plastic/resin kit prices... I would think $50 wouldn't be far off, assuming the figure needs multiple unique molds. I'll post all about the process once I'm done with my own unique figures.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:32 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I was looking for mega but I actually found series 4 of the DC bags, 4 boxes worth.

I got 2 Thomas Waynes and a Womder Woman.

56 Thomas Wayne
58 Wonder Woman

Batman is either more rare or someone got them all I only found 2 the rest seem plentiful.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:18 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

I forgot to post it earlier, but I found Series 4 Blind Bags of the DC Super Heroes in Barnes and Noble. I was able to get the last two I needed (Wonder Woman and Black Lightning).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:18 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

I forgot to post it earlier, but I found Series 4 Blind Bags of the DC Super Heroes in Barnes and Noble. I was able to get the last two I needed (Wonder Woman and Black Lightning).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:36 am 
Resin

just received my new imaginext Batmobile from Amazon…

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:44 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

This thread moves so fast I don't get to follow it that closely so this may be old news. Stopped at Big Lots on a lark and they had the Nightwing/Canary set, Shazam/Tawny and Batman/Swamp Thing. Seems like there was something else with Batman but I'm drawing a blank right now...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:57 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Imaginext series 11, are these super new or something? I can't find it anywhere online and I have a blackbelt in Googlefu, just found them at Walmart and picked up a couple. Not on Amazon, no pictures on Google Images, nothing. And most notably, this series features the return of an old classic that predates Imaginext by a few decades...

Full size

Check out those pink guys. You get both of them in the same bag. Now, some of you might be old enough to remember these guys, or you might not remember them but swear they look familiar to you. They're Kinnikuman! Also known in the US as M.U.S.C.L.E. or Muscleman. They were oldschool toys from Japan that were originally erasers, among the first eraser toys (of course, now eraser figures are really common collectibles you can find anywhere).

Anyway, Mattel released Kinnikuman here in the US as the M.U.S.C.L.E. series, in boxes and buckets containing a wide variety of them, though in Japan they were sold in vending machines. I swear I got mine from quarter machines too, but apparently Mattel didn't do that for the US? I know for certain I still have some of the original Mattel release from the 80's in a box somewhere.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/31625/br ... le-figures

What a blast from the past these guys are. These are, for all intents and purposes, official Kinnikuman toys with Imaginext logos on them, since Mattel likely still owns the rights to release Kinnikuman toys in the US. Like the originals, they're rubber. They don't have any points of articulation but are very flexible. Oh, and they have holes in their feet allowing them to fit into Imaginext playset/vehicle buttons/switches, and their hands are the right shape to hold Imaginext weapons but due to the rubber texture they slip out easily.

Another interesting new character here is the centaur. Or should I say, satyr? His horse butt is an attachment. Take it off and you've got a satyr. Put it on another Imaginext guy and you've got... an abomination, I guess.

The codes on the foldout above correspond to the identifying codes on the package. No previous blind bags we've purchased had the codes right there for everybody to see, so that's pretty convenient.

53: Radioactive ghoul (Fallout, anyone?) with toxic waste barrel
54: Transparent cyber-man with cyber-dog (I'm calling him Lawnmower Man :P)
55: Kinnikuman/M.U.S.C.L.E Tag-team duo
56: Fish-man
57: Centaur/Satyr
58: Cobra man (apparently we didn't get enough of these from the Egypt series) with staff

So there you have it, series 11 not-so-blind bags. Pretty cool set, albeit with some recolors. The reappearance of Kinnikuman is pretty special, I don't think Mattel has sold any to kids in the US for decades.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:48 am 
Factory Worker

I could be wrong but that "snake guy" looks an awful lot like a Hasbro "Battle Beast" I happen to have and his armors and colors match exactly... it is possible this whole wave might be 80's inspired.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:38 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Holy crap you're right, and I had a bunch of those too! Didn't know what they were called before, but yeah, probably still have them in a box somewhere. It's too similar to be a coincidence.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:50 am 
Tis' but a pup

Actually, another cool homage: the transparent guy is based on X-Ray Man from the old Fisher Price Adventure People line in the 70’s/80’s...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:52 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Wow, that's definitely what the blue guy is. So far we can say without a doubt that these 3 are vintage toy throwbacks:

54: Fisher-Price X-Ray Man
55: Mattel M.U.S.C.L.E.
58: Hasbro Battle Beast

It's highly likely the other 3 are, too. But what? I'll keep searching but I'm betting they'll be identified quickly by someone who's owned them before.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:28 am 
Tis' but a pup

Kheper, what state are you in?

Very cool find. That centaur is fantastic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 431, 432, 433, 434, 435, 436, 437 ... 440  Next