Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 444, 445, 446, 447, 448
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:38 pm 
User avatar
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 9664
Location: Rochester, NY
Since the other figures in that wave are cardboard standees, I’m thinking the 1st appearance and Kingdom Batman’s are just fill-ins until the final figures are approved or something along those lines.

_________________
#AdultsCollect


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:39 pm 
User avatar
not exactly street legal
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2917
Location: American Canyon, CA.
I went to a Walmart in Martinez, CA. and found the DC series 6 Blind bags and picked up
A set for my son. I also picked up the Firefly and Rebirth Batman 2 pack.

_________________
Thanks Mattel for a great run on JLU !!

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:34 am 
Fugitive Dust
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:57 am
Posts: 234
SpongeBob's 20th anniversary is coming up later this year. You would think imaginext would make some more new products to recognize that but looks like they are done with SpongeBob. Sales must've been really down.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:18 pm 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 14109
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
redrobin wrote:
SpongeBob's 20th anniversary is coming up later this year. You would think imaginext would make some more new products to recognize that but looks like they are done with SpongeBob. Sales must've been really down.


Wasn't the SpongeBob line exclusive to TRU?

_________________
"I'll always be a Toys 'R' Us kid..."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:47 am 
Fugitive Dust
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:57 am
Posts: 234
Jim_Abell wrote:
redrobin wrote:
SpongeBob's 20th anniversary is coming up later this year. You would think imaginext would make some more new products to recognize that but looks like they are done with SpongeBob. Sales must've been really down.


Wasn't the SpongeBob line exclusive to TRU?

I believe it was when it first started but several SpongeBob figures and vehicles including stuff from both movies made it to Target and other places.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:28 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1498
Location: Orlando, FL
This may be old news at this point (I only looked back 3 pages), but I found Super Friends Series 6 at Walmart today. They didn't ring up in the system, but I persevered. So head's up -- might want to grab one of the older series to help the cashier check the price.

I'm happy with them overall, but honestly, the coolest thing is the water bucket with Zan's face in it. Jayna's bird clips to the handle. It's just a great accessory.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:38 pm 
Damage Control
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:56 am
Posts: 994
Gonna have to get myself to Walmart.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:07 pm 
User avatar
Dog Squeezer
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 881
Bryan Long wrote:
This may be old news at this point (I only looked back 3 pages), but I found Super Friends Series 6 at Walmart today. They didn't ring up in the system, but I persevered. So head's up -- might want to grab one of the older series to help the cashier check the price.

I'm happy with them overall, but honestly, the coolest thing is the water bucket with Zan's face in it. Jayna's bird clips to the handle. It's just a great accessory.


Awesome, thanks for the heads up!!! I have been looking for that series, I love me some Superfriends!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:46 am 
Tis' but a pup
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:16 pm
Posts: 48
Found the DC Series 6 blind bags at Walgreens yesterday. It's hit or miss - I went to two different stores and was still only able to find 4 of the 6 bags. But it's a good start.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:23 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1498
Location: Orlando, FL
Found the Imaginext Firefly/Batman pack at Walmart today. I'm not sure what version of Firefly this is, but I'm glad to have him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ones your surprised haven't been made yet...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:37 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:51 pm
Posts: 4
Not wondering who you want to see made, but interested in which heroes you're surprised haven't been made yet. For me, Elongated Man, Zatanna and Atom are the biggest names not to round out the DC line. Others you are surprised you haven't seen yet in the line?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:48 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1498
Location: Orlando, FL
Hmm. Definitely agree with your choices. From a straight Super Friends perspective, along with Atom, I'd go with El Dorado, Apache Chief, Golden Pharaoh, Samurai, Rima and possibly Cyclotron. Maybe Wendy, Marvin and Wonder Dog (I'd like them). For the Legion of Doom, Giganta and Toyman. Honestly, Toyman should've happened a long time ago.

While we've got Teen Titans Go members, some classics wouldn't hurt: Speedy, Wonder Girl, Aqualad, Kid Flash.

From Superman Animated, I'd add Parasite and Live Wire.

Oh, yeah, Booster Gold. Just because.

I feel like a lot of these would be easy repaints. Atom for sure. There's a jester than could be Toyman, for example. Parasite is easy. Wendy and Marvin wouldn't be hard.

That's off the top of my head. I'll probably think of more later.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:00 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:51 pm
Posts: 4
Oh yes, a Booster Gold and Ted Kord Blue Beetle for sure. I like the idea of the Super Friends. Good ideas. Hope to see the line continue for a long time!

Bryan Long wrote:
Hmm. Definitely agree with your choices. From a straight Super Friends perspective, along with Atom, I'd go with El Dorado, Apache Chief, Golden Pharaoh, Samurai, Rima and possibly Cyclotron. Maybe Wendy, Marvin and Wonder Dog (I'd like them). For the Legion of Doom, Giganta and Toyman. Honestly, Toyman should've happened a long time ago.

While we've got Teen Titans Go members, some classics wouldn't hurt: Speedy, Wonder Girl, Aqualad, Kid Flash.

From Superman Animated, I'd add Parasite and Live Wire.

Oh, yeah, Booster Gold. Just because.

I feel like a lot of these would be easy repaints. Atom for sure. There's a jester than could be Toyman, for example. Parasite is easy. Wendy and Marvin wouldn't be hard.

That's off the top of my head. I'll probably think of more later.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:28 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:17 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Atlanta, GA
When I look at my collection and remember who this line is geared at, I’m amazed at the depth of characters Fisher-Price has worked in.
Especially with the release of the Heroine vs Villainess 6-pack.

That being said, I don’t read the comics (and neither do too many 3-8 year-olds) and really only know the characters from Justice League Unlimited. So, for that reason I’m surprised that there hasn’t been a Lobo or Etrigan. I also thought that the New Gods played a bigger role and expected a Kalibak and Orion but that may just have been a story arc for the series and not the comics.

Parasite (wish list!), Atom, and Booster Gold are definitely surprise omissions. Even with my limited knowledge, I know who those guys are.

I also know the DC characters from the Superfriends cartoon growing up and as much as I hate to disagree with other forum members, even as a little kid, I despised Wendy and Marvin. I barely tolerated the Wonder Twins but I would love to see Giganta and Toyman added to the Legion of Doom. League of shadows with ninjas would be sweet, but now I’m going back to who I would like to see and not who I am surprised hasn’t been made yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:33 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:51 pm
Posts: 4
Yes, great depth. I just was thinking a Guy Gardner is a good choice, too. And with Shazam coming out, all his foster siblings would be good. Fun line for sure.


VCN wrote:
When I look at my collection and remember who this line is geared at, I’m amazed at the depth of characters Fisher-Price has worked in.
Especially with the release of the Heroine vs Villainess 6-pack.

That being said, I don’t read the comics (and neither do too many 3-8 year-olds) and really only know the characters from Justice League Unlimited. So, for that reason I’m surprised that there hasn’t been a Lobo or Etrigan. I also thought that the New Gods played a bigger role and expected a Kalibak and Orion but that may just have been a story arc for the series and not the comics.

Parasite (wish list!), Atom, and Booster Gold are definitely surprise omissions. Even with my limited knowledge, I know who those guys are.

I also know the DC characters from the Superfriends cartoon growing up and as much as I hate to disagree with other forum members, even as a little kid, I despised Wendy and Marvin. I barely tolerated the Wonder Twins but I would love to see Giganta and Toyman added to the Legion of Doom. League of shadows with ninjas would be sweet, but now I’m going back to who I would like to see and not who I am surprised hasn’t been made yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 444, 445, 446, 447, 448

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: