Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 444, 445, 446, 447, 448
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:38 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Since the other figures in that wave are cardboard standees, I’m thinking the 1st appearance and Kingdom Batman’s are just fill-ins until the final figures are approved or something along those lines.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:39 pm 
not exactly street legal

I went to a Walmart in Martinez, CA. and found the DC series 6 Blind bags and picked up
A set for my son. I also picked up the Firefly and Rebirth Batman 2 pack.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:34 am 
Fugitive Dust

SpongeBob's 20th anniversary is coming up later this year. You would think imaginext would make some more new products to recognize that but looks like they are done with SpongeBob. Sales must've been really down.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:18 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

redrobin wrote:
SpongeBob's 20th anniversary is coming up later this year. You would think imaginext would make some more new products to recognize that but looks like they are done with SpongeBob. Sales must've been really down.

Wasn't the SpongeBob line exclusive to TRU?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:47 am 
Fugitive Dust

Jim_Abell wrote:
redrobin wrote:

Wasn't the SpongeBob line exclusive to TRU?

I believe it was when it first started but several SpongeBob figures and vehicles including stuff from both movies made it to Target and other places.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:28 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

This may be old news at this point (I only looked back 3 pages), but I found Super Friends Series 6 at Walmart today. They didn't ring up in the system, but I persevered. So head's up -- might want to grab one of the older series to help the cashier check the price.

I'm happy with them overall, but honestly, the coolest thing is the water bucket with Zan's face in it. Jayna's bird clips to the handle. It's just a great accessory.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:38 pm 
Damage Control

Gonna have to get myself to Walmart.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:07 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Bryan Long wrote:
This may be old news at this point (I only looked back 3 pages), but I found Super Friends Series 6 at Walmart today. They didn't ring up in the system, but I persevered. So head's up -- might want to grab one of the older series to help the cashier check the price.

I'm happy with them overall, but honestly, the coolest thing is the water bucket with Zan's face in it. Jayna's bird clips to the handle. It's just a great accessory.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!!! I have been looking for that series, I love me some Superfriends!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:46 am 
Tis' but a pup

Found the DC Series 6 blind bags at Walgreens yesterday. It's hit or miss - I went to two different stores and was still only able to find 4 of the 6 bags. But it's a good start.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:23 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Found the Imaginext Firefly/Batman pack at Walmart today. I'm not sure what version of Firefly this is, but I'm glad to have him.

Post subject: Ones your surprised haven't been made yet...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:37 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Not wondering who you want to see made, but interested in which heroes you're surprised haven't been made yet. For me, Elongated Man, Zatanna and Atom are the biggest names not to round out the DC line. Others you are surprised you haven't seen yet in the line?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:48 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Hmm. Definitely agree with your choices. From a straight Super Friends perspective, along with Atom, I'd go with El Dorado, Apache Chief, Golden Pharaoh, Samurai, Rima and possibly Cyclotron. Maybe Wendy, Marvin and Wonder Dog (I'd like them). For the Legion of Doom, Giganta and Toyman. Honestly, Toyman should've happened a long time ago.

While we've got Teen Titans Go members, some classics wouldn't hurt: Speedy, Wonder Girl, Aqualad, Kid Flash.

From Superman Animated, I'd add Parasite and Live Wire.

Oh, yeah, Booster Gold. Just because.

I feel like a lot of these would be easy repaints. Atom for sure. There's a jester than could be Toyman, for example. Parasite is easy. Wendy and Marvin wouldn't be hard.

That's off the top of my head. I'll probably think of more later.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:00 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Oh yes, a Booster Gold and Ted Kord Blue Beetle for sure. I like the idea of the Super Friends. Good ideas. Hope to see the line continue for a long time!

Bryan Long wrote:
Hmm. Definitely agree with your choices. From a straight Super Friends perspective, along with Atom, I'd go with El Dorado, Apache Chief, Golden Pharaoh, Samurai, Rima and possibly Cyclotron. Maybe Wendy, Marvin and Wonder Dog (I'd like them). For the Legion of Doom, Giganta and Toyman. Honestly, Toyman should've happened a long time ago.

While we've got Teen Titans Go members, some classics wouldn't hurt: Speedy, Wonder Girl, Aqualad, Kid Flash.

From Superman Animated, I'd add Parasite and Live Wire.

Oh, yeah, Booster Gold. Just because.

I feel like a lot of these would be easy repaints. Atom for sure. There's a jester than could be Toyman, for example. Parasite is easy. Wendy and Marvin wouldn't be hard.

That's off the top of my head. I'll probably think of more later.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:28 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

When I look at my collection and remember who this line is geared at, I’m amazed at the depth of characters Fisher-Price has worked in.
Especially with the release of the Heroine vs Villainess 6-pack.

That being said, I don’t read the comics (and neither do too many 3-8 year-olds) and really only know the characters from Justice League Unlimited. So, for that reason I’m surprised that there hasn’t been a Lobo or Etrigan. I also thought that the New Gods played a bigger role and expected a Kalibak and Orion but that may just have been a story arc for the series and not the comics.

Parasite (wish list!), Atom, and Booster Gold are definitely surprise omissions. Even with my limited knowledge, I know who those guys are.

I also know the DC characters from the Superfriends cartoon growing up and as much as I hate to disagree with other forum members, even as a little kid, I despised Wendy and Marvin. I barely tolerated the Wonder Twins but I would love to see Giganta and Toyman added to the Legion of Doom. League of shadows with ninjas would be sweet, but now I’m going back to who I would like to see and not who I am surprised hasn’t been made yet.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:33 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Yes, great depth. I just was thinking a Guy Gardner is a good choice, too. And with Shazam coming out, all his foster siblings would be good. Fun line for sure.

VCN wrote:
When I look at my collection and remember who this line is geared at, I’m amazed at the depth of characters Fisher-Price has worked in.
Especially with the release of the Heroine vs Villainess 6-pack.

That being said, I don’t read the comics (and neither do too many 3-8 year-olds) and really only know the characters from Justice League Unlimited. So, for that reason I’m surprised that there hasn’t been a Lobo or Etrigan. I also thought that the New Gods played a bigger role and expected a Kalibak and Orion but that may just have been a story arc for the series and not the comics.

Parasite (wish list!), Atom, and Booster Gold are definitely surprise omissions. Even with my limited knowledge, I know who those guys are.

I also know the DC characters from the Superfriends cartoon growing up and as much as I hate to disagree with other forum members, even as a little kid, I despised Wendy and Marvin. I barely tolerated the Wonder Twins but I would love to see Giganta and Toyman added to the Legion of Doom. League of shadows with ninjas would be sweet, but now I’m going back to who I would like to see and not who I am surprised hasn’t been made yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 444, 445, 446, 447, 448