Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 222  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:02 am 
Bob Vila

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Nitewing73 wrote:
I want to get all the batrelated stuff for this line.

Which is everything but the superman figure :lol:

Ok. Maybe I should change my response and say all the DC related stuff cause I'll end up getting Superman anyway. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:35 pm 
Damage Control

I broke down and bought the BATCAVE on sale, well, I had to, now that I finally have a cool BATMOBILE to go with it. Ive been thinking of picking up the fireman theme/playset just for the building, picked up a cop car and plan on customizing it into a GCPD vs Joker and the rest of the ROGUES' gallery. Its refreshing to see the line with Batman, just hope they add a few others or at least expand with more BAT-vehicles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:36 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I picked up the Penguin and Mr. Freeze the other day, They are just too awesome, I've been dying to buy the Batcave but at $40 I keep putting it off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:41 pm 
Damage Control

I recently saw a repainted ambulance that is now a JOKERMOBILE, I would have rathered they do something with MR FREEZE and a freeze ray/cannon, there is joke car of the shake n go variety that looked okay. Wonder if they will ever do a bank or armored car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:59 am 
An Insider

I really hope they get to some superman stuff. I would buy a Fortress of Solitude play set yesterday if anybody ever made one :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:52 am 
shirtless hugger

I put up my Imaginext display yeaterday. First time I had any of it out of the packaging. The Batcave is really nice. I wish I could get a second one to display the inside of it as well.

I hope they do a Batboat next, maybe with Killer Croc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:51 am 
Damage Control

Nice display. Its cool seeing everything all at once. A FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE would rock, Lex could even be in a snow cat or it can have a Krypton rocket from the STAS, Lex could even use a snow cat.

Anyone check out the new SPACE THEME? The launch platform looked interesting but the design of the shuttle left me wondering what were they thinking? The classic FP ADVENTURE PEOPLE had some great looking space toys, but the central them here is SPACE BUGS/ALIENS vs SPACE EXPLORERS. I was hoping to see an IMAGINEXT version of what was a classic theme in the ADVENTURE PEOPLE, the launch pad was a great idea, but the shuttle, even with the opening cargo bay, could have used a better look. The entire cockpit cover is see thru and in a rounded shape and the rear tailfin is gone but a crane/handle is there instead. A smaller space pod with grapple arms probably would have done better. There is a Mech like vehicle which is interesting, but with the loud Green/White/Blue colors, it could definately use a repaint, heck, I woudnt have minded an ALL WHITE mech suit. The lunar spider rover looks more like a robot than a vehicle. I know the reasoning behind why they designed it this way, but it just looks more for the aliens side than for the human explorer side. A space drill rover would have been cool as well as a rover with a habitat in tow or science lab. The ground space station looks kinda lame, I can see they wanted to imbed the station into an alien enviroment but I think they would have done better with a modular station that could be broken apart and re-made according to a kid. Just my opinion. Im glad imaginext is going to the next frontier, but I just wish they had cooler equiptment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:58 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Stop looking at imaginext toys like an adult and start seeing how cool they are throught the eyes of a 6 year old.

All those garish colors? Exactly the reason why my son likes them so much.

I am a collector as well and would love to see a much broader expansion of the line, but unless the kiddies really want it in the test sessions, it ain't likely to happen. No matter how cool a Fortress of Solitude, or Hall of Justice, or JL Watchtower, or (insert cool idea for a playset here), if the kids don't like it, not gonna happen. Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:44 pm 
serves the Otter

Good to see Green Lantern and Riddler in the Imaginext presentation...that made me very happy. Nice villain vehicles too. Great stuff--hope to see more!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:45 am 
serves the Otter

I love the Imaginex stuff. I haven't bought any of it because I do feel it's truly for kids, but I really think it's all quite impressive. I would have had a BLAST with that stuff at 5-9ish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:00 am 
serves the Otter

Yeah, I've got a 4 year old and 7 year old who really like them...I'm hoping Mattel/Fisher Price can squeak a few more characters in before my boys grow out of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:02 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Is there a closeup pic of the GL set anywhere? I couldn't really make it out in the video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:09 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

So excited for the new goodness coming to the Imaginext line. Thank you thank you thank you to Scott and Matty for including it in the slide show.

Joker's fun house will be great as will all the new vehicles and GREEN LANTERN!

I can't wait. Guess I will have to start haunting TRU again ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:12 am 
serves the Otter

PJ wrote:
Is there a closeup pic of the GL set anywhere? I couldn't really make it out in the video.

Here's what I found:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/2009_San ... G_9222.jpg

I'm trying to find one that shows the villain vehicles and Riddler too; that zipped by fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:47 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Images from Toyark, but I think you might have to be a member to view them. I joined just to look at their coverage of the con.

New ones are Green Lantern, Two Face, Riddler, and I think there was one more new one on the last slide that showed up after Toyark took the picture. It would be really easy for Mattel to just post the powerpoint to Matty or the Facebook page. Why not? It's a big free advertisement for the stuff.

http://www.toyark.com/news/attachment.p ... entid=8974
http://www.toyark.com/news/attachment.p ... entid=8975
http://www.toyark.com/news/attachment.p ... entid=8976
http://www.toyark.com/news/attachment.p ... entid=8977
http://www.toyark.com/news/attachment.p ... entid=8978
http://www.toyark.com/news/attachment.p ... entid=8979
http://www.toyark.com/news/attachment.p ... entid=8980

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 222  Next