Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 am 
PVC

Basically the stands give you three options. The traditional peg for figures with a hole in the heel. The second is a snap in for the right heel boot of a female figure. Most heel boots except for Wonderwoman fight right in -- the fit is very snug and quite good.

The other side has a slip in slot for a male foot. It fits most male feet but really large feet like Green Arrow or Lex either won't in or need to be wedged. Narrow mens feet on the other hand are loose in the slot. That said, all of the male figures I've tried so far stand up well with just a little adjustment.

With the female figures, you'll be able to pick up the stand and look at the figure without any chance of it falling out. With about half the male figures, if you pick up the stand, they will topple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:55 pm 
3 3/4"

I have decided to edit my post and say that the stands are ok....still kinda suck though....its tough to get the male figs in there and the stands are too big in my opinion...

cheers!

meks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:20 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I've had figures from almost every toyline, and yeah, some JLU's are hard to keep standing, but I remember Super Powers, Secret Wars, He Man, Thundercats, GI Joe, Star Wars, they all characters with issues. Heck, even the Alex Ross Justice line needs alot of attention. It's just the nature of the beast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:35 pm 
Dog Squeezer

kg_kharkov wrote:
The other side has a slip in slot for a male foot. It fits most male feet but really large feet like Green Arrow or Lex either won't in or need to be wedged. Narrow mens feet on the other hand are loose in the slot. That said, all of the male figures I've tried so far stand up well with just a little adjustment.

With the female figures, you'll be able to pick up the stand and look at the figure without any chance of it falling out. With about half the male figures, if you pick up the stand, they will topple.

This makes me SO angry. Did they NOT test the prototypes?? WHAT THE HECK!?? Can't they do anything correctly? Sorry, I am just frustrated by Mattel's blunder here. I just ordered 2 packs of these, and they are scheduled to be here Monday. I was all excited, and now I feel like I have been duped ;(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:51 pm 
Factory Worker

I haven't ordered any of the figure stands yet and I have a rather large JLU collection that could use at least 50 stands here or there. I was dragging my feet on ordering because I didn't want to pay shipping unless I ordered something else but now I am wondering whether I will order any of the stands or not based on the reviews.

I guess what I need is to find a really solid, honest review either positive or negative (or both) so that I can make my decision before the stands get sold out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:17 pm 
3 3/4"

to be honest, the stands are prob not worth it...they kinda suck....yeah with hard work you can get some of the hard to stand figs up, but the blue poster sticky stuff works better and the stands are too big!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:00 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Alcatraz wrote:

I guess what I need is to find a really solid, honest review either positive or negative (or both) so that I can make my decision before the stands get sold out.

Or maybe as a promo they should include one with each figure in a new wave-- if it is a good product we will want more-- if Mattel is afraid to do this I would think it means that they wouldnt stand by their own product---

They also better use them at all the conventions for their displays instead of sticky tak or I would cry foul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:59 am 
PVC

I'll see if I can't take some pics and post what my collection looks like on the stands. I personally like them. They give a great uniform look to your collection if you use them for all of your figures -- of course, you need to massage this a bit (for example, I have Steel standing on a stand even though he's not slotted in just to put him at the same height level as the other figures).

Basically, I liked the stands for their versatility and the ability to display a male/female combo too. I have two shelves (one for good guys, one for bad guys). I used extra stands to elevate the back row guys and the second to last row guys since the stands are stackable. Even my wife (a total non-toy person) agreed that the figures look great if uniformly displayed using the stands.

That said, if you are looking for stands that uniformly fit your male figures, you will be disappointed. I don't think they can do that practically from a cost perspective since there are several foot variations among the male figures. As a compromise all-in-one stand, I found them worthwhile (assuming you aren't on a limited budget).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:36 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Alcatraz wrote:
Or maybe as a promo they should include one with each figure in a new wave-- if it is a good product we will want more-- if Mattel is afraid to do this I would think it means that they wouldnt stand by their own product---

They also better use them at all the conventions for their displays instead of sticky tak or I would cry foul.

That sounds like a great idea. If they would throw in a stand or two with the Gotham Criminals pack it would go a long way to people buying more stands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:26 pm 
Factory Worker

Thanks for the useful information. I think that I will wait to order stands until there is something else to order JLU oriented on the Matty site and just include the stands with the order.

I glad that I got the "reviews" that I did after my request. It helped me to make my decision. Otherwise, I was pretty much all set to order at least 50 of the figure stands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:58 pm 
Dog Squeezer

I just posted a new thread with the intention of 'reviewing' the stands, but I have to post pics and a video.

FORGET using them for the Mattel Batman Animated figures... they don't fit.

RIDICULOUS for even regular figs like Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, Deadshot, Red Tornado, Mr. Miracle, Aquaman (trying to put him in one was just sad).