Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mattel Dark Knight Two-Face review
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:07 pm 
5th Horseman

I haven't seen a lot of chatter about this guy yet, but Mattel's Two-Face figure is out! Okay, so it's not the MM version, so nobody is nearly as excited - it's the regular movie version. But he's an improvement over the awful Joker, and was a surprise when I found him on the peg.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:14 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Great review, Michael. I have to agree with your comments about how "realistic" Two-Face looks compared to the Joker in the same line. I was disappointed in the coin for a few reasons, one that you pointed out (single-headed without a scarred side) and also for the fact that there is no way for the figure to hold it or use it as a weapon (still an improvement over Toy Biz's dime flipping Two-Face of days gone by). I can't say for certain, but I think that the figures with the collector cards (FYI, I'm going to use that Harvey card with the "Crime Scene Evidence" in my Movie Master display) are exclusive to Walmart and the regular release Two-Face will be packed just like the normal figures. I did find a Batman/Firefly two-pack at Target last week (which I stupidly left behind thinking I'd just get the single when the two-pack was on sale for $10... D'oh!... more sleep before shopping next time) which showed a Two-Face/Harvey Dent pack on the back of it -- any word on if the un-scarred Harvey will be released as a single (or if that body will be used for Bruce)? On the subject of Firefly, I was underwhelmed... Very little detail on the body and the mask looked more like a slasher from a steam-punk horror movie than Firefly. I did find Deathstroke later in the day and I did pick him up (on clearance, too), but while his look is definately "Deathstroke" the lacking detail really kills any interest I have in the figure. For all of the complaining about the designs from the Superman Returns video game, these two are much, much worse...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:54 am 
Prototype

Couldn't agree more. The Two Face figure is WAY better than that pitiful Joker figure!