Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:39 am 
Mint on Card

Thatman wrote:
Legends of the League II, hopefully incuding Firestorm, Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner, Gypsy & two others.

I like this idea for a sixpack. Maybe Red Arrow. Instead of doing a Speedy figure they could do Red Arrow. Same character and easy to make. Just use the Green Arrow Body and a new head sculpt. The one thing though is the belt should say R instead of G.

If they did Blue Beetle and Guy Gardner I'd be in heaven..

They could do another Gotham set.
Nightwing
Robin
Batman
Commisioner Gordon
Two-Face
Firefly

I like the idea for the JSA sets guys but like i mentioned it would probably be 5 new figures. I hope i'm wrong and its 6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:44 am 
Aspires to be #1

Nitewing73 wrote:
Thatman wrote:
Legends of the League II, hopefully incuding Firestorm, Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner, Gypsy & two others.

I like this idea for a sixpack. Maybe Red Arrow. Instead of doing a Speedy figure they could do Red Arrow. Same character and easy to make. Just use the Green Arrow Body and a new head sculpt. The one thing though is the belt should say R instead of G.

If they did Blue Beetle and Guy Gardner I'd be in heaven..

They could do another Gotham set.
Nightwing
Robin
Batman
Commisioner Gordon
Two-Face
Firefly

I like the idea for the JSA sets guys but like i mentioned it would probably be 5 new figures. I hope i'm wrong and its 6.

I think if they ever do Robin and Nightwing that they'll be singles so I'd replace those two with Batgirl and BTAS Riddler.

They could throw Martian Manhunter into the JSA pack to make it five.

And I'd rather see Speedy before I see Red Arrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:47 am 
Aspires to be #1

Just thought of some awesome 3-packs

Teen Titans

Starfire
Beast Boy
Raven

Sidekicks 1

Batman
Robin (could be Tim Drake and have Dick Grayson as a single)
Batgirl

Sidekicks 2

Aquaman (short hair/no beard/orange & green)
Aqualad
Tempest

Sidekicks 3

Superman (Classic look to give us a new version)
Adult Supergirl
Superboy

Awesomeness pack

Firestorm
Blue Beetle
Guy Gardener

There you go Mattel. I just gave you two waves worth of 3-packs that would sell faster than any you ever released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:54 am 
Loose, Missing Package

j1h15233 wrote:
And am I the only one who would be EXTREMELY disappointed with a wave that features 4 repaints and only one new character as a single? I would still buy Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, and Captain Atom but 4 repaints in one wave would be pushing their luck.

Well, let's see how they've been doing them so far...

wave 1: Superman Prime, Batman, Kilowog, Stargirl, Hawkman -- 2 re-paints and 3 re-issues

wave 2: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Bizarro, Sinestro -- 4 re-paints and 1 re-issue

wave 3: Booster Gold, Dr. Fate, Green Lantern, Parasite, Superwoman -- 3 re-paints, 1 re-issue and 1 "new" character

wave 4: Ultraman, Red Tornado, Zatanna, Batman, Volcana -- 3 re-paints, 1 re-issue and 1 "new" character

wave 5: Aquaman, Deadshot, Batman, Superman Red/Blue, OMAC -- 3/4 re-paints, 1 re-issue and 1 new character

Doesn't seem that out-of-line with what they've been (and will be) doing for the singles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:18 am 
Aspires to be #1

Jim_Abell wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
And am I the only one who would be EXTREMELY disappointed with a wave that features 4 repaints and only one new character as a single? I would still buy Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, and Captain Atom but 4 repaints in one wave would be pushing their luck.

Well, let's see how they've been doing them so far...

wave 1: Superman Prime, Batman, Kilowog, Stargirl, Hawkman -- 2 re-paints and 3 re-issues

wave 2: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Bizarro, Sinestro -- 4 re-paints and 1 re-issue

wave 3: Booster Gold, Dr. Fate, Green Lantern, Parasite, Superwoman -- 3 re-paints, 1 re-issue and 1 "new" character

wave 4: Ultraman, Red Tornado, Zatanna, Batman, Volcana -- 3 re-paints, 1 re-issue and 1 "new" character

wave 5: Aquaman, Deadshot, Batman, Superman Red/Blue, OMAC -- 3/4 re-paints, 1 re-issue and 1 new character

Doesn't seem that out-of-line with what they've been (and will be) doing for the singles.

Well I have to say I didn't even realize that trend. For me though, I love Batman and Superman so repaints don't bother me. I did not previously own Bizarro, Sinestro, Killowog, Stargirl, Hawkman, Booster Gold, Dr. Fate, Parasite, Red Tornado, Volcana, or Deadshot so all of those were/will be new to me. I guess I'm just not excited about the repaints that surfaced on eBay. Also, I sometimes forget that many of these characters were released before I got into collecting this line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:54 am 
5" Scale

I have to suspect that we're not going to get too much "new"-ness out of the singles. The six-packs, when findable, represent the best deal for new character ratios, and the three-packs are variable:

For the three-packs:
Wave 1: 2 new characters, 4 reissues
Wave 2: 1 new character, 5 reissues
Wave 3: 4 new characters, 1 new variant, 1 reissue
Wave 4: 3 new characters, 3 reissues
Wave 5: 5 new characters, 1 repainted reissue

So we can safely assume the next wave of three-packs will include at least three new characters, probably four.

So assuming there are five new characters in each of the unannounced six-packs, that means between the three- and six- packs, that's 19 new characters. Throw in Owlman as a single and that gives us 20.

Not too shabby, to tell the truth. (At this point, given the dire warnings we've heard about the Gotham Villains Matty 4-pack, I'm just going to hope the Marvel Family set gets released and not expect to see any more online sets beyond that. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, though.)

So at any rate, I come up with a probable 20 new characters to be shown at SDCC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:08 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Thatman wrote:
So at any rate, I come up with a probable 20 new characters to be shown at SDCC.

Well, Johnny Quick and Power Ring haven't exactly been confirmed, we have been told that the CSA would be completed (provided, of course, that the line continues to sell). We've also been told that not all of the 6-packs would have five new characters. I suspect that we'll be seeing some larger characters in a pack or two and that will probably bump the number of new characters down to three or less in those. I'm really hoping for a large "hero" in at least one of the packs, we've gotten more than enough over-sized villains...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:28 am 
Mint on Card

Jim_Abell wrote:
Thatman wrote:

Well, Johnny Quick and Power Ring haven't exactly been confirmed, we have been told that the CSA would be completed (provided, of course, that the line continues to sell). We've also been told that not all of the 6-packs would have five new characters. I suspect that we'll be seeing some larger characters in a pack or two and that will probably bump the number of new characters down to three or less in those. I'm really hoping for a large "hero" in at least one of the packs, we've gotten more than enough over-sized villains...

I agree in that regard. If they do a New Gods set with Kalibak, Desaad, Steppenwolf and 3 reissues like Lightray, Big Barda, and Orion or Forager maybe i wouldn't mind it.

Or STRIPE, Hourman, Dr. Midnite and maybe Mr. Terrific and two existing characters I'd be good with that.

This time around their repaints make sense. Batman in the movie look, classic Super Powers look. Superman repainted as Ultraman, in a red and blue look which was from an older comic right? Superman Prime. I'll continue to buy those. Aquaman and John Stewart in classic looks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:43 am 
Aspires to be #1

Jim_Abell wrote:
Thatman wrote:

The only thing about that is they've already done characters like Atom Smasher, Gold Amazo, Killowog, ect. that SHOULD have been bigger heroes so what's left besides STRIPE?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:16 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

j1h15233 wrote:
The only thing about that is they've already done characters like Atom Smasher, Gold Amazo, Killowog, ect. that SHOULD have been bigger heroes so what's left besides STRIPE?

At "normal" size, Atom Smasher, Amazo and Kilowog should be about the size (maybe just a bit larger) of Rocket Red so I still wouldn't consider any of them "over-sized" since RR could fit in a single pack. STRIPES is the main one I'm thinking about, but we could also get a powered-up Atom Smasher or even Longshadow, but STRIPES would be the first on my list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:22 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Jim_Abell wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

At "normal" size, Atom Smasher, Amazo and Kilowog should be about the size (maybe just a bit larger) of Rocket Red so I still wouldn't consider any of them "over-sized" since RR could fit in a single pack. STRIPES is the main one I'm thinking about, but we could also get a powered-up Atom Smasher or even Longshadow, but STRIPES would be the first on my list.

Yea, I'd love to see a larger Atom Smasher. Maybe the same size as Giganta was. Someone here did an awesome custom 10 in. Atom Smasher but I haven't been able to track it down without going through every post I've ever made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:38 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

j1h15233 wrote:
Someone here did an awesome custom 10 in. Atom Smasher but I haven't been able to track it down without going through every post I've ever made.

Probably Casmir...

http://www.pilliod.net/Pages/CustomsPag ... masher.htm

...absolutely amazing work on that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:41 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Jim_Abell wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
Someone here did an awesome custom 10 in. Atom Smasher but I haven't been able to track it down without going through every post I've ever made.

Probably Casmir...

http://www.pilliod.net/Pages/CustomsPag ... masher.htm

...absolutely amazing work on that...

I think you're right. The picture I saw was a group shot of JLU characters but that looks like the figure. I would LOVE to have that in my collection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:51 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

STRIPE is the main hero, although depending on who you ask there's also Lobo. (haha).

As far as villains, there are a bunch of them that could be done.

Agree though that probably two of the three unannounced 6 packs won't have 5 new characters in them. I'll be glad to get one that has that many. And I don't mind getting mostly repaints if it gets us an oversized figure like STRIPE, Kalibak, or The General. If it's just Darkseid repainted at Mongul, I'll be happy to get him but NOT in a 6 pack with 5 other repaints or reissues.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:08 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

How many new six packs are getting announced this year? 3?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next