Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:12 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

jzachery wrote:
Singles (as seen on ebay)
Martian Manhunter
Capt Atom
Elongated Man
Hawkman
Hawkgirl

Anybody have a link or did anyone save the pic of Hawkgirl? What version is it? I missed news/pics on a Hawkgirl single.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:13 pm 
Aspires to be #1

jzachery wrote:
How many new six packs are getting announced this year? 3?

It should be three, but like I said before, with the entire production schedule getting pushed back 3 months we may not see 4 this year. We might only get two if Target doesn't carry them past Christmas again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:12 pm 
Prototype

My best guesses are:

Hourman
Dr. Mid-nite
STRIPE
Kalibak
Desaad
Steppenwolf
Metallo
Captain Cold
Captain Boomerang

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:13 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Judging by the additions of Plastic Man, Omac, Black Vulcan, Samurai, Apache Chief, Firestorm and others, I think when predicting figures yet to come, people need to think outside of the show. I wouldn't be shocked to see a JSA 6 pack, but my guess is it could include Jay Garrick and Alan Scott. Blue Beetle has been used extensively on The Brave and BOld, thus aising awareess amongst kids, so that character wouldn't surprise me either. How about this 6 pack: Green Lantern- SDCC Hal but in his GL outfit, Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, Manhunter Robot, G'nort and a Guardian of OA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:57 am 
categorically opposed

bizzaro wrote:
Judging by the additions of Plastic Man, Omac, Black Vulcan, Samurai, Apache Chief, Firestorm and others, I think when predicting figures yet to come, people need to think outside of the show. I wouldn't be shocked to see a JSA 6 pack, but my guess is it could include Jay Garrick and Alan Scott. Blue Beetle has been used extensively on The Brave and BOld, thus aising awareess amongst kids, so that character wouldn't surprise me either. How about this 6 pack: Green Lantern- SDCC Hal but in his GL outfit, Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, Manhunter Robot, G'nort and a Guardian of OA

I think if they made a Blue Beetle, it would be the classic version, not Jaime. I mean, we have Booster Gold, Fire, Ice, Elongated Man, Captain Atom - Ted Kord is the way to go.

Your GL six-pack is way too ambitious. We'll never get Hal in the main line, much less in his GL costume. Manhunter and the Guardian would require far too much new tooling for both of them to be in one set. If we got a GL-themed six-pack, it would go something like this: John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Jade, Sodam Yat, Arisia, and maybe Soranik Natu, though three women might be pushing it, so we'll go with Alan Scott.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:27 am 
serves the Otter

xrmc20 wrote:
jzachery wrote:
Singles (as seen on ebay)
Martian Manhunter
Capt Atom
Elongated Man
Hawkman
Hawkgirl

Anybody have a link or did anyone save the pic of Hawkgirl? What version is it? I missed news/pics on a Hawkgirl single.

Some auctions popped up with the other 'singles' and she was alongside em. She had the mace and a stand. Normal release. No big.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:46 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

bizzaro wrote:
Judging by the additions of Plastic Man, Omac, Black Vulcan, Samurai, Apache Chief, Firestorm and others, I think when predicting figures yet to come, people need to think outside of the show.

I think that NYCC was their "outside the show" reveal and that SDCC will be heavily "show" centric. Other than Firestorm, Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner and a few Golden Age surprises it'll all be show-characters, and ones highly demanded.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:22 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

marillion wrote:
bizzaro wrote:
Judging by the additions of Plastic Man, Omac, Black Vulcan, Samurai, Apache Chief, Firestorm and others, I think when predicting figures yet to come, people need to think outside of the show.

I think that NYCC was their "outside the show" reveal and that SDCC will be heavily "show" centric. Other than Firestorm, Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner and a few Golden Age surprises it'll all be show-characters, and ones highly demanded.

Peace,

Chip

I hope so, it SHOULD be, most of the figures left from the show would still be big wants even if they weren't on the show, it's not like we are asking for obscurity here, LOL, Adult Supergirl! Kalibak, Toyman, Gypsy, Dr. Midnite, STRIPE, Mr. Terrific, Captain Cold, Johnny Thunder, Captain Boomerang... All are pretty prominent in the cartoon and comics...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:43 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Completely agree Chip. I think the majority of what we see will be based on the show. Hopefully to finish out your top 10. That's what I based my guess on. I was pleasantly surprised by the NYCC reveals, but now I'm ready for them to get us some of the Most Wanted. :)

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:55 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Also, I was thinking about it...and not for nothing, but it's been too long for Toyman and Kalibak already. From STAS to now, what are we talking? Nearly 14 years since their animated debuts and a multitude of appearances without figures?

Come on, Mattel...those guys should be #1 with a bullet.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:11 am 
Aspires to be #1

marillion wrote:
Also, I was thinking about it...and not for nothing, but it's been too long for Toyman and Kalibak already. From STAS to now, what are we talking? Nearly 14 years since their animated debuts and a multitude of appearances without figures?

Peace,

Chip

Couldn't agree more. One of my favorite JLU moments involves Toyman. It's the Destroyer episode when he gets surrounded by those parademons and fires a nerf gun at them. Then of course all the arrows explode and take them out. Such a great scene.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:12 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Agreed!
I know Livewire is coing from DCDirect soon but she should be done in the animated style as well.

There are a few BTAS figures that still need the plastic treatment as well (I'm looking at you Croc 2.0, Maxie Zeus, Hugo Strange, etc.)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:20 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

marillion wrote:

Peace,

Chip

Hey Chip, along those same lines...

Been awhile since you updated your Top 10, especially since we now are getting Waller and know Mr Terrific is on the way.

New blog! New blog! New blog! :D

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:08 am 
Mint on Card

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Agreed!
I know Livewire is coing from DCDirect soon but she should be done in the animated style as well.

There are a few BTAS figures that still need the plastic treatment as well (I'm looking at you Croc 2.0, Maxie Zeus, Hugo Strange, etc.)

Maxie Zeus
Hugo Strange
Firefly
Calender Girl
Croc 2.0 with Baby Doll
Rupert Thorne

There are so many BTAS figures I'd love to get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:32 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

I plan on updating that blog after we know what's being shown at SDCC.

Also, I know there are lots of characters left to be made, but those two I mentioned have been major adversaries for too long and still had big parts all the way through JLU.

Even Livewire doesn't measure up.

Don't get me wrong, tho...I want them to make another 200 characters from both the DCAU and the DCU. :)

Peace,

Chip

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next