Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:41 am 
Aspires to be #1

marillion wrote:
I plan on updating that blog after we know what's being shown at SDCC.

Also, I know there are lots of characters left to be made, but those two I mentioned have been major adversaries for too long and still had big parts all the way through JLU.

Even Livewire doesn't measure up.

Don't get me wrong, tho...I want them to make another 200 characters from both the DCAU and the DCU. :)

Peace,

Chip

If they do make another 200+ characters in the JLU line, I want to see your credit card bill when you jump back in and pick up all these figures :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:53 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Well hurry up SDCC. Hopefully we get ALL of the rest of the ones on your list and you have to do a completely new one. :D

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:57 am 
Mint on Card

I just want to start seeing the newest 3-packs at the stores. I can't wait to order the Legion set next month.

I just can't believe we are still talking JL/JLU figures. I mean I can't believe we are still talking about who we think may yet come out. Its awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:16 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

j1h15233 wrote:
If they do make another 200+ characters in the JLU line, I want to see your credit card bill when you jump back in and pick up all these figures :D

No credit cards, cash only. :D

Also, it'd be no different from a month of vintage collecting. I've got two deals working now for a collective $1,750. A mere bag of shells. ;)

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:48 am 

*sigh* Oh to have that thing they call disposable income again. I do good to keep up with JLU lol. At least I can live vicariously through Chip's collections. :D

I do hope we also get to see some sneak previews for next year. I know the line hasn't officially been picked up at Target yet, but here's hoping.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:44 am 
Aspires to be #1

marillion wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

No credit cards, cash only. :D

Also, it'd be no different from a month of vintage collecting. I've got two deals working now for a collective $1,750. A mere bag of shells. ;)

Peace,

Chip

Oh alright haha. Well do me a favor and purchase me a REAL Hal Jordan next time you see one pop up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:27 pm 
Prototype

Nitewing73 wrote:
bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Agreed!
I know Livewire is coing from DCDirect soon but she should be done in the animated style as well.

There are a few BTAS figures that still need the plastic treatment as well (I'm looking at you Croc 2.0, Maxie Zeus, Hugo Strange, etc.)

Maxie Zeus
Hugo Strange
Firefly
Calender Girl
Croc 2.0 with Baby Doll
Rupert Thorne

There are so many BTAS figures I'd love to get.

Sign me up for another Gotham pack with Maxie Zues, Hugo, Firefly and Calendar Girl!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:36 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Here are some of the more likely characters:

Toyman
Captain Cold
Goldface
Heat Wave
Livewire
Killer Frost
Rampage
Vandal Savage
Mister Terrific
Hourman
Gypsy
Creeper
Crimson Avenger
Speedy
S.T.R.I.P.E.
Doctor Mid-Nite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:57 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I really think if Matty collector is going to really have a "blow out" four pack they should go with a Flash Rogues four pack..I'm not doubting that LOSH or the Shazam set wont sell well...but it seems the Rogues would blow on outta there! So maybe thats something we will see at SDCC!

Heatwave,Capt Boomerang, Trickster and Capt Cold would be aan AWESOME exclusive!!

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:35 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

j1h15233 wrote:
Oh alright haha. Well do me a favor and purchase me a REAL Hal Jordan next time you see one pop up.

I just had one offered to me at $1k. Not a bad price for it, but there are other, far rarer things that are related to my collection that I'd rather purchase.

Oh, and I need a new living room set as well. LOL.

It would be cool to only own one JLU figure and have it be that, tho. :D

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:37 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I hadn't even considered a Flash Rogues as a Matty.com 4pack.

Now that I see the pick I can't think of anything else that would be a better fit.

C'mon Matty, make it happen!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:41 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

texgnome1 wrote:
*sigh* Oh to have that thing they call disposable income again. I do good to keep up with JLU lol. At least I can live vicariously through Chip's collections. :D

This past year has really been the first time I've had this kind of disposable income where I can pursue nice vintage packaged collections. The last time I had money to get into vintage stuff was when you could sill get a carded POTF Amanaman for $30. :)

Quote:
I do hope we also get to see some sneak previews for next year. I know the line hasn't officially been picked up at Target yet, but here's hoping.

They're working on 2010 product, so that's a good sign. With another 11-12 figures left to be revealed for 2009 I'll be we'll see a solid 20 new total characters revealed at SDCC with 8 or so being 2010 previews.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:44 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Here's hoping you are right and we are amazed with the offerings.

I know that we are always one last reveal away from the end of JLU, but I keep coming out of these reveals so much more excited than I was at the previous one.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:57 am 

marillion wrote:
texgnome1 wrote:

This past year has really been the first time I've had this kind of disposable income where I can pursue nice vintage packaged collections. The last time I had money to get into vintage stuff was when you could sill get a carded POTF Amanaman for $30. :)

Quote:

They're working on 2010 product, so that's a good sign. With another 11-12 figures left to be revealed for 2009 I'll be we'll see a solid 20 new total characters revealed at SDCC with 8 or so being 2010 previews.

Peace,

Chip

Please don't get me wrong, I had it at one point, but two kids in private school will kill that quickly lol. I think it's great that you're able to do it. Otherwise I wouldn't get to see the figures at all. :D

Chip, have you or Dan or Jason or any of the others heard anything definite yet about the line being picked up for 2010? Given how quickly the latest wave is flying off shelves I'll be shocked if it isn't, but I was just curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:02 am 
serves the Otter

grtwhitecustoms wrote:
I really think if Matty collector is going to really have a "blow out" four pack they should go with a Flash Rogues four pack..I'm not doubting that LOSH or the Shazam set wont sell well...but it seems the Rogues would blow on outta there! So maybe thats something we will see at SDCC!

Heatwave,Capt Boomerang, Trickster and Capt Cold would be aan AWESOME exclusive!!

ImageImageImageImage

I'd be all over this, but swap out Heatwave and throw in Weather Wizard. Call it D-grade villains.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next