Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:54 am 
Mint on Card

Please don't get me wrong, I had it at one point, but two kids in private school will kill that quickly lol. I think it's great that you're able to do it. Otherwise I wouldn't get to see the figures at all. :D

Having a toddler an a 10 month old isn't cheap either my friend. I can't wait till my son drinks regular Milk and I don't have to spend 35 dollars a pop on formula. :(

Anyway can't wait to see what we got coming at SDCC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:42 am 
Aspires to be #1

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I hadn't even considered a Flash Rogues as a Matty.com 4pack.

Now that I see the pick I can't think of anything else that would be a better fit.

C'mon Matty, make it happen!

Man where were you in the old 4-pack thread. I know this idea was brought up in there haha.

marillion wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
Oh alright haha. Well do me a favor and purchase me a REAL Hal Jordan next time you see one pop up.

I just had one offered to me at $1k. Not a bad price for it, but there are other, far rarer things that are related to my collection that I'd rather purchase.

Oh, and I need a new living room set as well. LOL.

It would be cool to only own one JLU figure and have it be that, tho. :D

Peace,

Chip

I wish i had a list of everyone that got one of those and what they're doing with it. THAT would be interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:43 am 
Tis' but a pup

:D ITS AWESOME TO SEE REAL JLU FAN'S IT MAKES ME WANT TO SHOUT FOR JOY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:58 am 
serves the Otter

black superman wrote:
:D ITS AWESOME TO SEE REAL JLU FAN'S IT MAKES ME WANT TO SHOUT FOR JOY.
Which you basically are doing right now in interweb form! Yay! Haha. Always good to see new JLU fans here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:54 am 
Damage Control

I think a Flash Villains 4-pack is a tremendously good idea! However, I would actually swap out Captain Cold for Weather Wizard. Captain Cold could easily sell well at retail. Weather Wizard would also require less new sculpt pieces than Catain Cold. The Captain would need the shoulder fringe sculpted in rubber and the gun & new head. All Weather Wizard would need new is a head and the wand. That would keep costs now and allow new sculpting for other accessories like Heatwave's gun and Tricksters puffy sleeves - which could come from Firestorm if they make him for this line.

http://www.kevenn.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:02 am 
Aspires to be #1

Kevenn wrote:
I think a Flash Villains 4-pack is a tremendously good idea! However, I would actually swap out Captain Cold for Weather Wizard. Captain Cold could easily sell well at retail. Weather Wizard would also require less new sculpt pieces than Catain Cold. The Captain would need the shoulder fringe sculpted in rubber and the gun & new head. All Weather Wizard would need new is a head and the wand. That would keep costs now and allow new sculpting for other accessories like Heatwave's gun and Tricksters puffy sleeves - which could come from Firestorm if they make him for this line.

But MattyCollector has their own budget for toys. Captain Cold may not fit into the retail budget when someone like Weather Wizard would fit in pretty well I'd think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:52 am 
Prototype

j1h15233 wrote:
Kevenn wrote:

But MattyCollector has their own budget for toys. Captain Cold may not fit into the retail budget when someone like Weather Wizard would fit in pretty well I'd think.

Amanda Waller was a whole new sculpt and she will be at retail. Sometimes it's hard to guess what Mattel's plans will be. Captain Colds new parts would be so few it wouldn't cost that much. He'd be great at retail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:56 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

They've already proved he can be done at retail through DCUC, so it can definately happen with JLU.

I would much rather he be released as part of a set (either a 3 pack with Flash and another villain ... Boomerang preferably, a villain centric 6pack, or a Matty 4pack) though as I feel that the whole "strength in numbers" mentality would help to sell some of those other rogues.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:29 pm 
Aspires to be #1

riddler2403 wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
Kevenn wrote:

Amanda Waller was a whole new sculpt and she will be at retail. Sometimes it's hard to guess what Mattel's plans will be. Captain Colds new parts would be so few it wouldn't cost that much. He'd be great at retail.

Oh I'm not doubting he would sell, I just think we'd be more likely to get him on Matty but however they wanna give him to us is fine with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:18 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Maniac Joker wrote:
grtwhitecustoms wrote:
I really think if Matty collector is going to really have a "blow out" four pack they should go with a Flash Rogues four pack..I'm not doubting that LOSH or the Shazam set wont sell well...but it seems the Rogues would blow on outta there! So maybe thats something we will see at SDCC!

Heatwave,Capt Boomerang, Trickster and Capt Cold would be aan AWESOME exclusive!!

ImageImageImageImage

I'd be all over this, but swap out Heatwave and throw in Weather Wizard. Call it D-grade villains.

This is actually a show specific set. I'm hoping Weather Wizard shows up in my dream 6 pack...
Metropolis Mayhem:
Weather Wizard, Toyman, Killer Frost,Maxima,Metallo,Mongul and a bonus Mxy pack in! How sweet would that set be???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:23 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

That'd be awesome... It's a story pack, perfect for a 4 pack, and all figures we need, I think it'd sell great!

On another note, I just walked into my JLU display by mistake :cry: All fall down go boom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:52 pm 
Aspires to be #1

jzachery wrote:
That'd be awesome... It's a story pack, perfect for a 4 pack, and all figures we need, I think it'd sell great!

On another note, I just walked into my JLU display by mistake :cry: All fall down go boom.

Haha that sucks. Such a pain to fix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:42 am 
Unbreakable

Anyone besides me have a feeling we will see a Dr. Impossible repaint of the Mr. Miracle figure?

I also have a good feeling about a Ted Kord Blue Beetle to go with the sweet new Booster Gold fig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:54 am 
5" Scale

kevfett wrote:

I also have a good feeling about a Ted Kord Blue Beetle to go with the sweet new Booster Gold fig.

Here's hoping!!! Beetle's really the only non-show character that I'd feel was 'missing' if we didn't get him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:07 am 
serves the Otter

Thatman wrote:
kevfett wrote:

Here's hoping!!! Beetle's really the only non-show character that I'd feel was 'missing' if we didn't get him.

Yep. He's in most people's top 3 with Firestorm and Plastic Man. And since we've already seen Plas and are just waiting for the Firestorm prototype, Beetle's officially THE one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next